Sign in to follow this  

I have been fiddling wi the esettings in the game to try get a good combo and now there is a wierd like imprint on the screen when playing?

I cant get rid of it even if I change settings and restart the game?

This ARMA 2 game is the worst game Ive ever purchesed! and if there were none of these troubles it would be the best game!

I am proper p!$$£d off with this now!

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

here is a screen shot of it. you can see it on the ship and its like that in game too no matter what I set things to. I have even tried slightly speedin up the GFX card and have put it back to std and no change?????

ARMA2.jpg[/img]

Visual Defects like that usually mean graphics card failure. Do you get the same effects on other games or more worrying your desktop or start up screen?

If not I would try updating your drivers.

If you have tried that already, re-install and update your game.

You could go into your Nvidia control panel and set you global setting, antialiasing off.

Good luck otherwise ;)

I'd agree.. Try undeclocking your graphics card below default. specially the memory if that fixes it your card maybe about to go awol.

Arma2 will push your card above and beyond most games.

Hang in there, you just have to fix this and you have "The best Game" :)

mmm cheers,

I have just re installed the game and updated it and the gfx drivers are new too. I am now dl the new 1.02 patch. gonna try cod to see what happens but the desktop is fine.

Nope, this particular instance may not be a graphics card issue. I had it previously for a short period and it occurred regardless of the card, and even with underclocking the GPU and Memory by around 50% on a well-cooled card, the problem persisted.

If you note closely on the screenshot posted, the "imprint" only appears over certain things. The variation I had, it only showed over the ground, trees and units, but not over the interface (this is more clear when not in the graphics menu, as the imprint becomes blurred just like the rest of the display), the majority of static objects, or the sky. Graphic card artifacts tend to appear over the entirety of the display, rather than selected parts.

I'm more inclined to say that there might be an engine problem related to certain graphic setting combinations. I found that only one level of AA caused this (the 'Low' level), both the other levels worked perfectly.

Edited by JamesF1

cheers well its not gfx card as COD WAW works with everything maxed,

I have sorted it now some how???? and it works fine, but for how long?

the imprint was only on the lower half of my screen too and AA set to 2???

all kk now tho cheers

My graphics driver has crashed a couple times in Arma 2 (the newest nvidia driver), a bit worrying. I got weird pixels all across my desktop, never experienced that before. Restart fixed it though.

it is only in the game for me and only there, all the other games I got work fine.

think its the game really that jus has a prob with certain settings

billy

it is only in the game for me and only there, all the other games I got work fine.

think its the game really that jus has a prob with certain settings

billy

Post your system specs.

Try to lower the texture details to normal and video memory to high.

AMD Phenom X4 9950 (2.6ghz)

Gigabyte Motherboard (AM2+ 140w)

2GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz (2x1GB)

Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ (730mhz core, 1100 mhz memory, 1800+mhz shader) 1680x1050x32 60Hz

120gb HDD SATA 150 (game installed on this drive along with OS)

120gb HDD ATA using SATA adapter

Win XP Pro 32bit SP3

22" lcd monitor

all up to date.

does the speed of the HDD matter?

Edited by vRS_Billy

Have you enabled AA?. I had this same effect with AA on but its not there when off. You might need to restart game after disabling.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

AMD Phenom X4 9950 (2.6ghz)

Gigabyte Motherboard (AM2+ 140w)

2GB Corsair Dominator 1066mhz (2x1GB)

Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ (730mhz core, 1100 mhz memory, 1800+mhz shader) 1680x1050x32 60Hz

120gb HDD SATA 150 (game installed on this drive along with OS)

120gb HDD ATA using SATA adapter

Win XP Pro 32bit SP3

22" lcd monitor

all up to date.

does the speed of the HDD matter?

No I've tried Arma 2 on SATA and on SSD and there is no real difference.

cheers mate,

I have had it on and it was fine then it jus started playin up. turned off made no diff.

seems kk now with the NEW 1.02 update also you can do AA in game

ace,

BI are deff gettin there with it,