Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

STEAM troubleshooting

When I go to launch the game from steam it does the loadup checklist, screen goes black like its going to launch then it crashes and I get a "Shader not supported anymore" Message, I fucking hate steam :mad: any suggestions I really want to play :)

its your 8gbs of ram I'm guessing. Similar problems out there with other users running 8gbs. Take a stick out and see if it runs on 6gb with no graphical problems. If so, leave it out until they fix in patch.

I had no issue in the past with the downloaded demo, I feel steam is the issue to be honest..

Ticket submited on the DH site..

Edited by HavocDemon

Dwarden I add you as a Steam contact, my steam username is hereticss. Tried the command line that did not work as well. Maybe we could sort this out on steam. Well atleast try.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!

Alot of steam users will get a generic windows crash if the game fails to launch with steam.

However, when I went into the actual ArmA 2 folder and launced ArmA 2 straight from there, I got the error for x3daudio1_6.dll.

So hint to steam users. If your game is just plain crashing, launch it from the folder to get the actual error.

I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!!

Alot of steam users will get a generic windows crash if the game fails to launch with steam.

However, when I went into the actual ArmA 2 folder and launced ArmA 2 straight from there, I got the error for x3daudio1_6.dll.

So hint to steam users. If your game is just plain crashing, launch it from the folder to get the actual error.

and we are back to square 0, it's this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76668

I still just keep getting the error message "Shader 2 not supported anymore" everytime I try to launch the game

I still just keep getting the error message "Shader 2 not supported anymore" everytime I try to launch the game

what's your GPU?

ARGH i cant play arma 2 I get the black screen and the no signal crap and im sure its my resolution i checked my rpt file in app data and it says

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.15.11.8618

resolution: 1280x968x32

my resolution is at 1024x768 WHY does it start like that with this game its liek this for many other games i went to the nivida control panel and it also says 1024 x 768 PLEASE help i wanat to buy this game and i aint gonna if i cant fix this :(

NEVER mind I FIXED IT HEY PAY ATTENTion this could be a lot your guys problems

OK so fo rme i KNEW it was my resolution was WAY to high to check what the game resolution is starting at go to C/ users/ app data/local/arma or arma 2 demo/ OK now open rpt file with notepad now ctrl f and search for resolution it will tell you what the game is starting at .

NOW here is what i put so the game would work i put in the cfg file in c/ users/ documents arma arma 2 demo folder

resolution_w=1024

resolution-w=768

refresh=59;

Render_W=1024;

Render_H=768;

FSAA=0;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=0;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=896;

nonlocalVRAM=1900;

add that and see if it works THANK you optimization Folder oh btw i have a gts 250 so that might be the problem for many 2xx cards

Edited by moisesjns

i own a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 graphics card and i cant disable any phisX thing and i have the shader error and i have tryed almost everything i could find. so if i could get any help :P

My system specs are as follows:

Q6600 @ 2.7 ghz

6gb DDR2 800

Nvidia GTX 295

MSI P6n Diamond 680i SLI

and am getting horrible performance in this game, checked this site for tweks, and it was suggested that i rename arma2.exe to crysis64.exe (steamapps>common>arma 2>rename arma2exe to crysis64.exe)

the problem is that when i rename, or right click>properties and rename, the game is unable to launch from anywhere. Have to rename back to arma2.exe to get it to run. Any suggestions from steam users who managed to tweak this?

Edited by jake01

forgot to mention im on windows7 x64. I tried renaming a shortcut but no changes..and i doubt that would do anything. Any time I change the Arma 2.exe to Crysis or Crysis64 .exe the game just won't run. thanks in advance for help.

i own a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 graphics card and i cant disable any phisX thing and i have the shader error and i have tryed almost everything i could find. so if i could get any help :P

Dude, i believe this VGA is not supported... it is very old BTW... =/

I am wondering how to run addons with the Steam version of ARMA 2. I hastily bought ARMA 2 through Steam thinking it was the same as the retail box (folder wise at least) I don't really run mods so I don't want to run @ switches on the shortcut if possible. The faq says you can run addons but do you need to list every addon in command line? I am running Windows 7 64bit as well.

Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

I am wondering how to run addons with the Steam version of ARMA 2. I hastily bought ARMA 2 through Steam thinking it was the same as the retail box (folder wise at least) I don't really run mods so I don't want to run @ switches on the shortcut if possible. The faq says you can run addons but do you need to list every addon in command line? I am running Windows 7 64bit as well.

Thanks for the help!

Nevermind I fiqured it out myself...for others out there that might be looking for the same thing.

C:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2/AddOns/

Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Nevermind I fiqured it out myself...for others out there that might be looking for the same thing.

C:/program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/arma 2/AddOns/

i answered this question over dozen times on the forum here :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1326311&postcount=266

Hi Dwarden

Im hoping you can help me, I am currently downloading the game off steam, but the demo off steam is giving me the problem.

I get the "Error Creating DriectX3D 9 Graphical Engine" error upon start up.

I have uninstalled Nvidia drivers in safe mode, and use a driver sweaper to make sure. Re-installed and ran the directX from the game folder provided.

Now after reinstalling the GPU drivers my Matrox was not fully set up on all three screens and the game ran after all this at a resolution of 3360 by 1050 (2x 1680 by 1050). I was shocked, so i exited, set up the Matrox to use all three screens, opened the game which worked once more with only two screens, and then proceeded to change the resolution only to my normal 5040 by 1050 (3x 1680 by 1050, the natual resolution of the monitors). This then utilised all three and its very pretty. But upon quiting the game and then instantly opening it up again i got the same error as before.

My System Specs are as follows

GTX295 186.18

Matrox TrippleHead2Go 6.52 drivers and 2.3.40 Firmware and 2.4.0.11 GXM software

Windows XPP 32bit Service Pack 3 (almost clean build one week old only)

ArmA 2 Demo Cfg is as follows

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=5040;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=57;

Render_W=1440;

Render_H=900;

FSAA=1;

postFX=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=911523840;

nonlocalVRAM=353370111;

Edited by y2khippy

Ok maybe it's me but I'm having some problems with the mod folders...

When in Arma 1 you just opened the launcher.. or created a short cut using the @MOD folder in the location...

So for STEAM how do I open a mod folder?? In the (MyGames) tab I can't add a new short cut there can I? Or can I just make another short cut on my desk top???

Also, I have seen on armaholic that you can download a launcher for Arma 2 can I still use that to launch it in Steam...

I couldn't wait till the Hard Copy release on the 7th... :)

Hay Hi i got the demo of Arma 2 and plays ok crash every now and then but not bad but it works .

So i bought Arma 2 off Steam and it says its %100 so i click on it tried the short cut try every way there is to launch it but it comes up with the same Error (this game is currently unavailable please try again at another time) i have tried every thing on this page (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831) to resolve it but nothing works please help me

Vista Home Premium SP1

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz

Ram 4GB

Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / Resolution: 1680x1050x32

Hay Hi i got the demo of Arma 2 and plays ok crash every now and then but not bad but it works .

So i bought Arma 2 off Steam and it says its %100 so i click on it tried the short cut try every way there is to launch it but it comes up with the same Error (this game is currently unavailable please try again at another time) i have tried every thing on this page (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4595-WEXN-6831) to resolve it but nothing works please help me

Vista Home Premium SP1

Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz

Ram 4GB

Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT / Resolution: 1680x1050x32

OK i Fix it need to update Vista Home Premium SP1 to SP2 then log into Steam right clic ArmA 2 in MY GAMES, property then Verify integrity of game cache, then it does a little download and ur away. WOOT

Hi Dwarden

Me again, I just finally compleated downloading the full game off steam, and tryed to open it after settting it up in a way that i know works for the demo. Atleast in a temporary way.

I just got the error below on start up

Addon 'CA_Modules_ARTY' requires addon 'CATracked2_us_m270mlrs'

The game then continued to actually start after i clicked ok on the error message. At the menu screen though it reported another error which follows.

Cannot load texture

ca\uifonts\data\fonts\etelkanarrowmediumpro25-02.paa.

EDIT (UPDATE) I went into other parts of the game and received other Cannot load texture message, and after trying a few things even copying files from the Demo across to the game and still no luck. So i on a last ditch effort attempted to Verify Integrity of game cache before backing up the files. But the verifycation restarted the download, and now i have another 12 hour download to cope with and i am running out of my monthly download as this will be the second time i am downloading the massive 8 gig of game files... Not Impressed at all.

Edited by y2khippy