Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

swift88 - thanks mate, great photos

are most warriors deployed kitted out with the WRAP2 armour upgrade these days or is it still common for them to be in the field without it?

i was intending to keep my life simple, but if i want the thing to be accurate...

not that i know much about them, but I'd say its very hit and miss,

here on the plains on training you rarely see a Warrior with wrap Armour on (don't quote me on that) unless they have just arrived back from an operational tour, training or are on a tour ie Afgan.

For the most part, as you can see from the plain mil pictures that Da12th and Orson posted they are the vanilla ones with no Armour or Gucci side orders..

But dont quote me on that as i know F.A

If you're making a Warrior that you'd imagine would be used in high intensity Ops (IE full on War) in then bang the Wrap armour on as that's what you'd expect it to have (the reality maybe different as theres probably not enough to go around!), if you're making one thats abit more old school to fit in with a particular conflict (ie start of GW2/Op Telic) then obviously go for the vanilla version.

A few more damage states, getting there :)

buildingtest12.th.jpgbuildingtest13.th.jpgbuildingtest14.th.jpgbuildingtest15.th.jpg

Impressive work, looks great!

that building work looks awsome!

Edited by Hoot1988

big_render_ao.jpg

I doing a small addon for a2. I hope very soon finish it. Basic textures from my old M60 with changes.

Now i have hard work with axis and some bones (so far ammo's revolving are orderless, but work correctly.)

That looks awesome, can't wait for it.

Looking good MikeBart, cant wait too use them in the Aus Island mod

Great to hear Aussie, some of them should look quite familier if you're living in Melbourne :)

A few more damage states, getting there :)

Would it be possible to use those in another game/mod?

Edited by raedor

No idea how to get this ingame (50 % scale)

Click

Multicam for the FR guys. I also got Multicam versions of the CDF soldiers, no idea how to get those ingame either, haha.

Would it be possible to use those in another game/mod?

yeah, im sure it would be possible, ill eventually release them publicly for map maker's but they'll be built for Arma2.

Working on a small port of the BIS MLOD A-10 from A1 over to A2. This really began because I wanted to change the way the weapons were displayed on the pylons and without the A2 MLOD's this wasn't possible (issues shown in this post). Also wanted to load any missile/bomb loadout onto the jet and have it display properly on whichever pylons I wanted. Have converted the original MLOD A-10 over and edited the model to have only 2 FFAR pods and now 11 hardpoints (9 + the 2 FFAR). Will also be making it IAWS compatible so the weapon loadout can be changed on-the-fly in-game. Had loads of help from Myke so big thanks to him. Will be releasing this when completed for anybody who wants more flexibility in the A-10. Might also re-skin and make some other minor changes including maybe a new weapon for the center pylon such as a clusterbomb or something else. Is still WIP, proxies need repositioning etc.

th_A10.jpg

Edited by Fortran

Hey, i'm knew to all of this, this is the first thing i've ever made in any 3d sort of program so be nice. I was wondering if you could tell me whether the magazine is to far forward, an army friend of mine says it is (just come back from his second tour) he says it's too far forward but i dont believe it is, anyway it's very much a WIP ; sorry for the convoluted wrighting style (i'm slightly drunk :) ) 24505890.png

@sneakymcfox: For your first ever 3d model i must say you are in the good direction...we all remember our first model (or we don't remember).

As for the magazine location, you might want to post a clear head on shot of the side. That way there will be no mistake and 'someone' can compair it with some reference pictures.

Thanks MarkJ112

Mini update. Fixed some texture problems, now using the new super shader. Fixed the proxies etc.

A10_FLIGHT_th.jpg

Testing a camo pattern.

A10_FLIGHT_CAMO_th.jpg

Edited by Fortran

Thanks MarkJ112

Mini update. Fixed some texture problems, now using the new super shader. Fixed the proxies etc.

[im]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/fortran2000/A10_FLIGHT_th.jpg[/img]

Testing a camo pattern.

[im]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb66/fortran2000/A10_FLIGHT_CAMO_th.jpg[/img]

Nice cammo! Great work!

Edited by Placebo

The camo is beautiful indeed! Nice work Fortran.

Remove image tags when quoting please.