I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Blacaclavas as Facial options Pl0X.

Everything the COMBAT TEAM from Flashpoint. HEMMT, M577, M113A2, M2/M3 Bradley, Hummers. ALL OF IT :) They are still the best but none have ported them :(

Persian Gulf War Mod - Not the current conflict but the 90-91 Conflict

Edited by Oskie

Could someone find the map used for environmental reflection and make a blured version of it ?

it's possible ?

Someone please gets some people together to replace the automatic radio chat sounds... they are too robotic right now, I'm SURE that if you don't shout words such as: "Bush!" a sentence like: "8, Go to BUSH!!! at seven o'clock." wouldn't sound as ***** as it does now.

What do people think of this idea? :

When the tools are out I guess we'll be able to play with the inverse kinematics. Does this mean we'll be able to have weapons other than pistols (e.g. MP5K or special purpose weapons) in the secondary (pistol) weapon slot, and fire them with correct animations?

FCS and IR-sights for tanks.

I might recall the C130 having IR-sights in ArmA2? In that case it might not be too much to ask to get it implemented in the tanks per default, sometime in the future.

I wouldn't count on BIS to model FCS though, so that would be really cool.

maxter mate, check this out: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/communtiy-base

My suggestion's list :

1. Sukhoi Su-22

2. Aerovochody L-29 Delphin or L-39 Albatros

3. Mil Mi-2

4. TS-11 Iskra Polish Jet Trainer :bounce3:

5. Zil 130 or Zil 131

6. Bell 206 Jetranger II

That's All :)

Everything the COMBAT TEAM from Flashpoint. HEMMT, M577, M113A2, M2/M3 Bradley, Hummers. ALL OF IT :) They are still the best but none have ported them :(

Already tried to contact rudedog for permission, but no reply. In this case, I have to wait 6 months before I can start the work...

Edited by modEmMaik

The new CH-53K replacing the aging fleet of E's and D's

so far, from the little actual information available, the K's will be stronger, able to lift more, half the price? and less moving parts. sounds too good to be true. but i want to believe it!

From Defense Daily

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/ch53k-the-us-marines-hlr-helicopter-program-updated-01724/#CH-53K

Technologies under consideration for the CH-53K include a “glass†[digital] cockpit that has high commonality and interoperability with existing Army and Navy helicopters, high-efficiency rotor blades with anhedral tips that are 11% wider, upgraded engines, a cargo rail locking system; external cargo improvements, survivability enhancements, and enhancements designed to extend service life.

The K's cabin is 30x9x6ft? which is wider than the E's cabin, which can allow transportation of Humvees.

Reference material I've gathered

ch-53k-image04.jpg

I'm not sure which of these models is right, but there's aparently two variants, one has slanted side windows, a noticeable hump where the engines meet the tail section, and different engine placements?

there's lots of pictures of both of these models, but I'd go with the bottom

ch-53k-image01.jpg

ch-53k-image02.jpg

1289090316_92b4c2ea_3_serenedr.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-53K

http://www.thepavecave.com/

http://www.history.navy.mil/planes/ch-53d.pdf

http://www.uscost.net/AircraftCharacteristics/acch53.htm

http://www.sikorsky.com/vgn-ext-templating-SIK/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=709f45d57ef68110VgnVCM1000001382000aRCRD&provcmid=bfa955f4a9d98110VgnVCM1000001382000aRCRD&mofvcmid=72fbebb600e98110VgnVCM1000001382000aRCRD&mofid=62fbebb600e98110VgnVCM1000001382000a____&movcmid=0f586d890c7b8110VgnVCM1000001382000aRCRD&moid=fe586d890c7b8110VgnVCM1000001382000a____

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/ch-53e/specs.html

I just had a thought! With inverse kinematics we could actually have the following! :

8RbL4PwTDsQ

Someone get right on it. Immediately.

A desert or dry-land type enviroment, so lots of existing ArmA1 addons can fit in.

First hope is Opteryx's islands port over easy enough for him :)

Has anything been modeled like this for ArmA already?

I was thinking it could be fun for take down scenarios.

Has anything been modeled like this for ArmA already?

I was thinking it could be fun for take down scenarios.

If there are, they are few.

I was actually thinking of modelling some old CS maps as 'buildings'. The jet liner one was one I was considering. This is like pipe dreaming, though. I don't think I could really expect to finish even a portion of an airport. de_dust would be fun, though.

(Originally Posted in Suggestions Forum, but maybe something for Modmakers instead of BIS:

Adding a Micro UAV with the option to carry it and "deploy" it in field:

I really like the addition of the Predator and Russian Drone to the inventory, together with the user friendly and easy implementation trough game logic.

But, lets be honest - for what we are using it in game, the Predator is overkill. A player might realistically be commanding a platoon, at best a company in game - I doubt Officers of that rank have a real-time handle on a Predator and where it goes. Also for range and endurance, the Predator is much more than any A2 mission will likely ever need.

Something that would fit in well with the more common mission type, and which is actually used by Marines (not on loan from the Air Force), would be the WASPIII Micro UAV. This thing has a 5km range and 45 minute flight time, quite adequate for most infantry assaults.

If a bit more range and endurance are wanted, the RQ-11 Raven (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RQ-11_Raven) or the Dragon Eye (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Eye) could be modelled.

Downside to these three designs is that their primary camera is a fixed side-looking type, so instead of the movable turret now modelled on the game's Predator, you'd have a system that flys circles around a spot and keeps the camera aligned. But that's plenty for recon work, and no one says you can't still model it as "movable turret" for game purposes.

Upside to them - a considerable upside - is that these are man-portable, hand-launched UAVs. Make it two pieces of large gear (one the Drone, one the control system), only one of which would fit in the "RPG/M136/Javelin Slot" so it needs two soldiers to carry, and give one of them the ability to "launch" (spawn) the UAV when needed. The soldier with the control gear (or the Unit Commander, if the Soldier is AI) can then use a menu action to connect with the UAV and get the images, no need for a dedicated UAV Terminal Object.

So basically, my suggestion is:

Give the user a choice not only for a theatre-level MALE UAV like the Predator which currently has to be placed by the mission designer beforehand, but also for a man-portable, "deployed during the mission" design that might even avoid the need to have it scripted into the mission - if the scripts can be packed with the "Gear", any player could select the UAVs from the Gear Selection screen before a mission.

The hand-launched UAVs would be much better suited to the role I'm seeing them mainly used for in A2 - when an Infantry Squad - or Platoon - under Player Command prepares for an Assault on a village or fortified enemy position, to gain aerial overview and recon information before actually commencing the assault. The Predator doesn't really fit realistically in that role.

Best suggestion so far in this thread. Actually, it's so good I would like to see it as an official addon update so that games can remain addon free. I like the idea of aerial recog, but I find the Predator overkill for this. The WASPIII Micro UAV would be perfect.

If I were to use the Predator, I have to remove the ammo. That's not going to be widely popular... And I fully support the idea of it being operated by two guys. Not quite sure how I could enforce it though.

Thanks.

You enforce it to be two guys since you pack the aircraft in one container, the required "control suit" in a second container, both filling the slot reserved usually for Javelin or other AT Weapons. A single player could only carry the folded-up drone, or the control unit, but not both. This seems coherent and believable with the real size of these things. Maybe even make it so that the two guys need to be together to launch the Drone, for example by giving the launching action to the guy with the control unit, only as long as he's close enough to the guy carrying the aircraft.

Arguable this doesn't require their teamwork once the thing is airborne, but for SP missions and even MP missions it means that the tactical usefulness of the small UAV comes packed with some tactical disadvantages (less carrying space on those two soldiers).

IF (we don't know yet) it's possible to put these functions into actual "Gear Items", you could also place them inside a Humwee or other vehicle for easy transport.

For me, it would really add to the realism to actually have a guy in my squad deploy the UAV when I want it, not requiring the mission maker to hang me one overhead all the time.

The Predator is just not suited to that type of deployment - the way I understand it, they are all controlled from continental US by sat connection, directly linking their images into those command centers, from where the filtered and analysed information then gets distributed to in-theater commanders (and never as low as Platoon or Squad Leaders).

Since most of A2 features the player as exactly that low rank level, he needs an UAV that is actually deployed and controlled from "in the field". It is so obvious that I really wonder why BIS chose to implement the MQ-9, I assume because of "name recognition" value more than anything else.

BTW, the Russian "Pechela" is actually a bit better suited to the in-game use, but it's still a fairly large vehicle requiring a specialized launcher.

Here's another interesting UAV from the category we're looking for: German Aladin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladin_(UAV), with a range of 15km and 30-60 minutes Endurance.

Which is also equipped on the FENEK Recon Vehicles as standard.

I think the important part is that BIS actually put in the framework to control UAVs pretty well (although the Pred. needs a stabilized camera). They just decided on the wrong size UAV to include, and with smaller size UAVs automatically comes the idea to make them actual equipment items, not just game logic objects.

Edited by Helmut_AUT

I'm actualy working on a BMP3. And I will works on BMD3/4/4M, 2S25 and 2S31 that uses the same base model than the BMP3.

Hows about some British Infantry and vehcils, i know that there were some in Arma can these be ported across?? Please

Will be very cool to see SAS and ranger unit.

Rangers are WIP. :)