I have a:

abit k7 mobo w/raid

1gighz athlon

512mb ram (pc133)

radeon 8500 64mb ddr (graphics card)

3com 10/100 ethernet (netcard)

soundblaster audigy gamer (soundcard)

windows xp pro

(i have the latest xp drivers for everything on my system)

everytime I choose direct hardware t&l in the preferences I crash in multiplayer right before the game starts (ie. right after briefing and game starts)

Is there a patch or something I should get?? ie: the tweeker and if so what settings should I play with

NOTE: single-player is fine and I love the effects and i get better performance from the game when i turn this on I just miss them in multiplayer sad.gif

C'mon peeps, there must be some of you out there using the 8500 with no problems, reply with what drivers/settings you're using please smile.gif

I use the ATI Radeon 8500 in HW T&L with no problems at 1200 x 1024 resolution

I am using the latest ATI driver for Windows ME.

(4-13-7189)

I use the OPF "Auto Detect" option in the preferences and then change the driver from "Direct 3D" to "Direct 3D HW T&L"

Hit play and thats it. Works well.

I have read on several hardware review sites that the Windows XP drivers for the Radeon 8500 are still falling short in performance. Maybe that is the problem. Hopefully ATI will get it right soon for XP users.

I use the radeon 8500 with no problems on Windows XP Pro (full version - not upgrade). I did NOT upgrade the drivers, I'm using the default drivers with no problems at all.

When I updated to 1.46 I got all kinda error messages during installation but it still works fine.

gamecopyworld, your name is very disturbing