Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Thanks for all the kind replies, to be honest we haven't expected that. :)

Campaign issues noted, I look into them asap.

Re. the Animations: Yes there are a lot of them missing, especially if you know the original. We tried hard and spent a lot of time finding replacements but most of the originals simply are not available.

The installer was not a good idea as I see. Call_911 got it working by now (sent him a PM before I felt asleep).

So, if the installer does not work for you:

1) Install the Mod to a temporary folder, like c:\cwr_temp

2) From there copy the CWR, Campaigns, Missions and MPMissions folder to your ArmA installation folder and treat CWR as any other Mod you are using.

Re. Soundmods: They might not work with CWR. I don't know all of them but the one I know is using the weapon classnames to define which weapon has no sound, e.g. M16A4_ACG == M16 soundfile, AK74 == AK74 soundfile.

The problem now is that we use the original classnames, the M16A2 is called "M16", the M16/M203 is called "M16GrenadeLauncher".

That said, most probably all soundmods needs to be modified for use with CWR.

Some people asked me that several times now: Yes, there will be CWR for ArmA, called CWR 2.0

@Suma

ArmA2 of course! ;)

Btw, i noticed (don't know if it's my sound driver problem or not) that when i am with the first person view inside a vehicle, if my team start to speak (for example, on first mission when you fly by chopper) i cannot hear them properly, i hear the sound very very bad, but when i pass to third person view i hear them without problems.

This is a problem with ArmA - I had the same thing when I was making my DSAI addon (this is why it doesn't work for people inside vehicles) -> for some reason when units "Say" something while inside a vehicle, it's the VEHICLE that speaks, not the unit! So if someone's talking inside a vehicle, you can generally hear it better from the outside than the inside :rolleyes: ArmA thingamajig.

Great release, CWR!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Go back to finish the work you started 10 years ago Suma! Remember, most--if not all--ARMA fans will hunt you down if you fail to give us a reasonable bugs free and function rich game after all those waiting! :D

On Topic: I wish I could DL it and try, but the fact is that almost all server are slow as hell :(

Great work!

Replaying the CWC campaign is awesome.

The only bug I've found so far is that the M113 carry ArmA magazines (like M136 rockets) instead of CWR ones.

Hi, may be a good idea to add a .torrent file mirror, it'll be faster than using any web browser

downloader, on some sites it tells me that will take 7h 35mins to download it. Let's C ya

Playing the campaign with ACE gives some funky results but nothing game breaking in the missions Ive tried.

The biggest difference is the increased AI engagement distance, starting some battles long before the original creators intended,

and the beautiful Hind is now a LOT more dangerous when you are infantry. take cover in the trees ASAP if you hear it :D

@Suma, what to contribute after the release on a conservation of CWR to ArmA2? So you will kill two birds with one stone. :D

emmm.....On my game, mission "after motignac", resistance guys wear the royal saharani army clothes.....is that ok?

@wipman

If you (or anyone else) wants to setup a torrent, feel free to do and I add the link to the first post.

@sparks50

Please take note that CWR is not supposed to run with other Mods. Doing so might ruin your experience and the original feeling.

@-=UOE.Txalo=-

Can't reproduce that, I checked the resistance units ingame and played the mission. Resistance are CWR units here, no RACS stuff visible.

Congrats on the big release!!! :yay:

Can't wait to get home and launch myself back in time to the era and feeling of OFP. Getting chills just thinking of it. :D

Not to take any steam away from the release, but curious on reading something in the original post...

Which units did not get replacements?

Its ok Wolle, I was responding MR-GC who asked about ACE compatibility some time ago.

Never tried the CWR mod before now, and I must say I'm stunned by the content of it. It may be arriving late, but it sure is good!

If we now have a guide to hack/convert the voices from the Codemasters ones, it will be almost perfect :)

Hi, Sorry Wolle, but i don't gonna download the CWR unless that there be some faster download

method or until that passes some time and the already existing servers have less work so the

thing goes faster; i don't want to spend seven hours or more downloading something. Let's C ya

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from my first playthrough of Steal the Car, it seems like M16 burst mode is playing the 3 round burst sound effect for each of the 3 shots. Eg: it plays 9 bullet sounds for the burst. Perhaps a holdover from before the arma patch changed burst mode behavior? Luckily an easy fix...

Loving the mod so far. Stealing this car brings back so many memories... (and damn, ofp is/was hard!)

Edited by The_Captain2

I started to play the CWC-Campaign, could not resist.

It`s hard to survive some of the missions, but that was the same back in OFP.

Love those OFP-Stuff in the ArmA engine.:soldier:

What are the chances of you guys letting CWR be put on a CD for a South African Magazine Cover disc? Cause due to the gargantuan size(to my internet), It will be my only way.

I simply have to have this. Its a NEED of great proporshins. :o

Actually I have the same problem with RACS units instead of Resistance units. In "After Montignac" there are RACS...and next mission doesnt load. Also in editor when I choose some Resistance unit there is guy with RACS uniform.:confused:

william1

It's fine if you report them here, we check the thread every here and then. Otherwise PM will do, too. :)

Mr_Tea

If the missions are too hard, you can lower the skill level of enemy units in your difficulty options ;)

Sabre Tooth Sniper

If then these people need to approach us and then we could discuss it and make a decision.

Fanatic72

Are you using any other Mods besides CWR? If so then please remove them to make sure everything runs as supposed.

I checked both the Mission and all Resistance units ingame and there are no RACS soldiers nowhere (and yes, I have the same version as everyone else).

Playing the CWC Campaign and just reached the fourth or fith mission. Some of them really are a tad hard, on teh contrary to the first mission where enemy´s seemed not to find the trigger on their AK´s ... or maybe im just too well trained :p

Overall it´s great fun! CWR Team finally delivered what everyone was expecting! Thumbs up :thumbs-up:

I took the second ArmedAssault.de mirror yesterday and it worked really well :)

Edit

Here you go:

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/cwr-cold-war-rearmed-public-beta.html#download

Checked two hours ago and it wasn´t as fast as yesterday when i downloaded it first. Normally it goes up to 2.5 mb/s, but today it only gave me about 200 kb/s for the CWR download. Checked back with anders^on to verify theres no intended bandwithd-brake involved .. so actually the servers are getting hammered quite good :D

Sabre Tooth Sniper

If then these people need to approach us and then we could discuss it and make a decision.

Thanks for quick reply. I'm on it ;) .

Thank you for bringing me back to some of the best years of my life.

I'm amazed how you guys managed to reproduce all this with ArmA engine.

Regards,

TB

A small thing - AK47-74 family of rifles doesn't have 3-round burst option.

Second: This question may have eben asked, but did U.S. Army Soldiers in the 1980's wear flags on their camoflauge uniforms?

I never did. My unit patch was a subdued (black) Star of David which was red when it was on my dress uniform. I was never in combat, so I had no combat patch on the other shoulder. I was in an overseas assignment (Alaska), but not deployed overseas.

I think that in a situation where you were deployed overseas (mostly on the streets?) and wanted the locals to know that you were American, you might have been required to wear the colorful U.S. flag patch.

It's been so long, though, that I can't even remember the FM # of the manual that would have the answer. *sigh*

So, the dude in intro of mission "Night patrol" should be white and looking like the squad leader in begining and vice versa. Maybe you guys just mixed it up.

In mission "Tank training" you see tank major for first time. He was an older white guy in OFP, now he is african-american. These are all small things, just though I let you know.

Edited by 11aTony