Sign in to follow this  
Recta DP

G36 dual sights and correct optical sight reticle pattern

72;1286273']When looking in a scope' date=' couldnt it be made so that when holding right mouse button instead of animated zoom it changes to the higher zoom instantly? ...[/quote']

I would like that too. It feels kind of unrealistic as it is now.

What do you mean by scope? Do you call iron sights a scope? Do you call an M68 AIMPOINT a scope? Do you call a Leopold 10X sight a scope?

Right now all optically magnified sights for rifles are instant FOV changes with 2D crosshair overlays.

Yes, it is important to distinguish between iron sights, laser sights, reflex sights, and telescopic sights ("scopes").

In regard to magnifying scopes: It would be immersive and realistic if the zoom would occur - without any change of FOV - only in the area viewed through the magnifying scope:

Examples:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sniperscope.jpg

What do you mean by scope? Do you call iron sights a scope? Do you call an M68 AIMPOINT a scope? Do you call a Leopold 10X sight a scope?

Right now all optically magnified sights for rifles are instant FOV changes with 2D crosshair overlays.

Why would having the "zoom in" effect be instant instead of gradual be a "real zoom change"? Isn't the zoom change just as real no matter how fast it happens? Having the zoom change for iron sights be instant would be awful.

I call a scope a scope. Chill dude.

So BIS fixed the magnified sights? Havent played stock ArmA since a long time. Sounds good. One step closer.

i use zoom.out keysetting on all my movement keys (basically setting zoomout on each movement key)...

I use rightmouse button to zoom into it, actually this way it makes it much more immersive for me. It replicates peripheral vision while running/moving about and the concentrated 'tunnel vision' when i zoom in, if i need ... its a bit tedious to get used to, since you might get seasick with all that movement back and forth going on in an engagement, but i really get the feel of shouldering and aiming my weapon this way.

I hope i explained correctly...

BTT: :cool:

Didnt have the G36K have the same HKV? ie scope+reddot ? also i remember that you could remove that thing ie glass broken or water inside to have get to those emergency spare notch&bead ?

Anyway many H&K products are quite modular, so i wouldnt wonder if some other variant with even another triggergroup and aiming solution would surface.. You could order your own variant if you buy enough of them ;)

72;1286565']I call a scope a scope. Chill dude.

So BIS fixed the magnified sights? Havent played stock ArmA since a long time. Sounds good. One step closer.

You need to understand that your English is not very good. "Scope" is a very nebulous term that could cover a wide range of aiming devices that are handled differently by ArmA.

If you call the M68 Aimpoint a scope and you want instant FOV change then umm... no, that's a stupid idea. Instantaneous FOV changes in the common eyepoint mode are completely jarring and inappropriate. I can only imagine that you are talking about the iron sight / aimpoint class of sight since all the maginified sights are exactly like you are suggesting they be.

Do you know me? My english is good enough. You started acting like a moron not understanding what i was talking about even though it was clear. Maybe your understanding is a bit chipped and you need everything spelled out for you?

"No not a good idea" to make the mag. sights more realistic in the way they work? Ok thats your choice to think so. Too retarded to have conversations here many times with people like you acting like some word police. You know what i meant with crosshairs in scopes that move when you change magnify. They move/d upwards. Is that an aimpoint im talking about? again, chill man.

Alex

Crosshairs in scopes resizing with zoom depends on which 'side' of the scope they are located on.

Didnt have the G36K have the same HKV? ie scope+reddot ? also i remember that you could remove that thing ie glass broken or water inside to have get to those emergency spare notch&bead ?

failed :P

The red dot isn't removable, this is a old myth.

It is fixed with 2 screws and addititional sticky.

The standart G36K haven't a reddot.

But as you already say, H&K weapons are mostly modular.

PS.: You have a pm ;)

Edited by Aoshy

Has anybody tried out the G36 dual sights?

Pictures would be great!

yeah! it looks awesome. But the red dot is linked to the firing mode:

single shot = 3x scope

burst / full auto = red dot

but one thing is anoying (for all weapons): the zoom changes when you enter iron sight mode :( why????