Sign in to follow this  
sparks50

Men of War

Thanks, I've been waiting for the right patch for Steam... I somehow ended up with 1.17.3 and haven't been able to play MP lately. Off to fix now. :)

Yeah, um. Anyone have any idea if they're going to try to fix the SP portion, or am I shafted when it comes to that? Since 1.17.5 completely breaks SP, unfortunately (and I had updated in the first place since a SP mission was broken. Double d'oh!). Also, I must say, this unofficial-official-third-party-MP-only-SP-only-language-only patching thing is fricken unbelievable, it's like they WANT their game to be inaccessible and unfriendly.

That said, I picked it up off D2D's spring sale for 2€, and it's been worth every cent so far :) Once you get past the atrocious voice acting and the somewhat clunky controls, the game itself is actually a little gem!

Regards,

Wolfrug

actually it seems it's DRM protection (Securom) what breaks both SP and MP

remember 1.17.5 beta is not MP compatible with 1.17.5 final

try apply this over 1.17.5 full(any version)/partial(from 1.11.3) final patch

http://files.bestway.com.ua/men_of_war/patch/outfront-v1.17.5C-editor+mp-international.exe

there is rumour about 1.17.5.1 hotfix

but 1C site overshoot traffic and went down before anyone got it ...

@Dwarden

Nope, sorry, didn't help :( Bargle, do I really have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing now? Sigh.

Regards,

Wolfrug

What do these new patches do please?

Since mine works nicely is there any point in updating?

New maps or functions etc?

@Dwarden

Nope, sorry, didn't help :( Bargle, do I really have to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing now? Sigh.

Regards,

Wolfrug

you need to use outfront_mp.exe to be able play ...

or get hotfix

MD5 hash : daa7443289712cce3318ab255dd57644 http://www.1cfiles.com/menofwar/update_setup1.17.5.1-en-fr-is-sp-1c-hotfix.exe

http://www.filefactory.com/file/b19h5a5/n/update_setup1_17_5_1-en-fr-is-sp-1c-hotfix_exe

http://rs176.rapidshare.com/files/386570198/update_setup1.17.5.1-en-fr-is-sp-1c-hotfix.exe

Yeah, the 1.17.5.1 hotfix seems to have fixed SP, thank god. :) Works now!

And as to using the MP-exe: that's only good for playing MP, you know, which I don't really do :)

Regards,

Wolfrug

but MP is where all the fun is ...

especially coop and frontlines gameplay (sort of coop pvp) then a lot of people enjoy tank battles pvp ...

and then there are tons of great mods and maps for MP :)

Been playing this weekly over a LAN with some friends the past year or so. Have to say, it's great fun multiplayer, and the direct control feature which allows you to aim and shoot with any unit, combined with being able to zoom right down in amongst the action, makes it pretty absorbing. There's a lot of micromanagement in the game- if you want to utilise it, you can still win without it though if your positioning and tactics are strong enough. That's the great thing about men of war, its flexible enough to accomodate players with differing skill levels, but allows more advanced players to do more advanced things, if they so wish.

The single player campaign is tough, if you have the patience though it is very rewarding, and again, good fun.

My main criticism would be as has been mentioned, the voice acting. Its so bad to the point of being amusing. For me though it's not a major gripe as I simply don't listen to it.

I´ve been playing this game serie since first part "Soldiers: Heroes of WW2". Both SP and MP are amazing. The scenarios are really greatly made and its amazing how much details you can find in these games. I´ve been testing upcoming "Assault Squad"-expansion pack for Men Of War which will have a new skirhmish mode for both SP and MP where you need to capture fortified flags around the map which unlocks more vehicles, mounted guns and different infantry squads to buy. Even in SP mode its a very challenging to beat the AI which plays really well. The full expansion pack will definitely be a one of the best games in year again.

Edited by SaOk

I've been playing MoW off and on with friends since it was $2.50 on direct 2 drive a few weeks back.

Only issue right now is that there's a lot of different patches people seem to be playing. A majority of players are still on 1.17.5 (beta) and they refuse to patch up to 1.17.5.1 for some reason.

Looking forward to AS

Its funny how with the mis-spoken words of 'hero units' so many trolls started appearing in the Men of War forums. All they are (and has been confirmed by testers) are 'special' units, such as Goliath remote controlled bombs for example.

Also, if your from the US its best to wait a bit before you buy testing access, as the euro is plummeting currently... Just hope the 30% sale doesn't end though :/

Hi guys how do i import a mission from the editor?

I've got MoW Vietnam, i wanna make a mission to learn the game, very very stupid having no tutorial, awesome game kinda reminds me of ArmA.

:)

Bumpin

We do not allow thread bumping here, no matter how long you wait for an answer.

MoW is great but today the bells and whistles are with MOW: Assault Squad

I´m currently playing the old MoW and its great, I really like to take control of a tank and to play mice and cat with the enemy (I´m the cat).

Note to BIS: Armor penetration system-> I would love it to be so realistic in Arma!

Assault squad is cool but as someone who prefers single player... not so much. I own and play all of them though except Vietnam.

How is nam?

Very bad IMO.

Artwork is good, music is good, sound is good as well, as I remember.

But the game's difficulty level is so damn high; You usually go on a fight with few guys against something like... company? And there's almost no bigger battles. Also, you can't choose if either you want to play the US or Russian-Vietnam missions. And what annoyed me the most was the "tunnel-map" thing. In few missions I tried you could only go through the designed path - no way to flank or anything, restricted in a stupid way.

Plus, there are only like... 10 missions? and nothing else.