Sign in to follow this  
senchi

Valhalla Mod - WIP

hey Senchi , if you are planning to add some villages to the island i think the russian architecture pack by SMERSH & Studio SARMAT would be a good choice and their buildings could fit perfectly in it, for example the church and some others

william1 no , no , no :)

Rus.archit do not fit in style.

And wooden buildings can not stand more than 100 years:)

The story in Valhalla Mod happens in 2163 years, over 133 years after nuclear war :)

Edited by SenChi

It's a shame they wont be implemented. I agree with william1 They would indeed fit perfectly with the terrain. Perhaps in time someone else will do something similar.

Any ATI users fix the crash issue? Maybe when the map stops referring to .png's it will get fixed...

Damned. In the version on the Arma-2 i fix this bug.

Sorry.

I found solution of this problem.

Some buildings (eg: Prison Klurs) have some texture to the non-standard resolution (example: 1536)

Edited by SenChi

Hmm, but that is not happening to everyone. You mean my resolution is too weak?

Nope. What he means is that some of the buildings have textures that are not of the size 2^n by 2^n (the example he posts is 1536, accepted sizes would be 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc etc ad infinitum).

ATi users have problems when they run into textures in ArmA that are not 2^n by 2^n - usually causing a crash. Your resolution has nothing to do with it.

Fun island and lots of goodies hidden all over it. Great fun with zombies all over it.

Nope. What he means is that some of the buildings have textures that are not of the size 2^n by 2^n (the example he posts is 1536, accepted sizes would be 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096 etc etc ad infinitum).

ATi users have problems when they run into textures in ArmA that are not 2^n by 2^n - usually causing a crash. Your resolution has nothing to do with it.

Ah, now I understand. That's sad.

Fun island and lots of goodies hidden all over it. Great fun with zombies all over it.

I agree with you fully, When we (ISE) play on it all we use is Nems Zombies :cool:

• The structure population on the island is perfect. Any more than what is there and it would change the mood that is intentionally created there. I like the music but I agree with wolfrug that it should not be hardcoded into the island. Use them on your mod or Island anims but allow editors freewill in creativity.
  • I noticed that some of the footfall sounds did not match the surface type, the wetlands had a lot of splashing on rock, while snow crunch was evident on grass near the hermits place.
  • The bridge of sadness did not rest completely on the ground on the north slope. It also had some gliche to it that caused me to have to move side to side to exit it from the north (could be from not setting on the ground)
  • Noticed the butt ends of the cross bracing on the fence textures were a bit too white. The ends of the logs looked good like that but not the 2x4's for some reason
  • The open structure with the cross beam that divides it's center, disallows passing.
  • The clouds are not moving for me (not sure if there is something I have to do)
  • There is no readme on the fog addon and so I don't know how to implement it
  • I am running no other mod but none of the objects with the exception of the wooden tower is showing up for me to use in the editor.
  • The wind sound from atop the mountains seems as though it has no surround capability
  • I concur with the others about the road being slower than the offroad areas
  • Civilian number 1 has exposed white texture beneath his collar
  • The downed bird texture looks like a white sandstone rather than a rusting metal there is also a glitch on the southern wing..I passed beneath it and ended up on top where I was lodged into the fuselage of the plane
  • The northern most open structure that rest on the upper plateau just before descending toward the bay in the larger village...there are objects close to it's door which prevent entry

Now that I sound like unappreciative critic let me join the others and praise you for this tremendous effort. I think you did good by releasing it early for arma and giving us a sneak peek as we can help you locate the bugs. I'm glad you have decided to save the campaign for arma2 as there will surely be more animations, objects and other improvements to compliment your work.

Why people are stuck on zombies...I don't know. Because the imagination is far greater than visible objects. This island is setup perfectly for a horror type mission that dances on the players thought rather than his eyes. Already I have 2 stories that I can tell on this map but I am reluctant to do it in arma because of the afore mentioned shortcomings.

Splendid work so far and please don't add anymore villages. Let those lazy editors add them if they want.

I am getting that texture error as well. I might be able to resize the textures and give ATI users a working version, with his permission of course.

Hay SenChi any updates for us? Thing’s have been to quiet on this thread :bounce3:

sounds led zeppelin to me, nice work...you should add some fellows with sword and armor too...

halo3beta-valhalla.jpg

I like this island, but yeah it would be nice to be able to remove the unrealistic stuff (specifically the music) to make actual missions in it.

Hi, @Andrews that screenshot and issue belongs to the ArmA2 forum section, this is only for the ArmA and ArmA related issues; you will get a faster reply if you ask about on the ArmA2 forum section. Let's C ya

@ holo538049

Nice job digging up a 3 year old inactive wip thread.

You just registered I see, during signup the rules were layed out for you but I think somehow you managed to overlook them. So, here is a link: http://forums.bistudio.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

And let me hightlight this rule for you:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.