Sign in to follow this  
GodHammer

Bunker Killers

God these look so fine it will be a pity to see them perish while exploding biggrin_o.gif

GodHammer, is the latest image a KAB-500L?

The question that then comes to mind is, can you implement a Side East (Side OPFOR) laser designator of some sort?

Stunning detailwork as always! There is definitely a nice weaponpack forming, whcih should be used as community standard.

@AKM: You can use the ArmAs stock LaserDesignator on all sides. Having a russian design handheld model would be nice but ther is no urgent need for it. Maybe you can make your point clearer, if its not what you mean.

Aushilfe: This is true. I've taken a few hours to try and source good images of any Russian/Soviet handheld LDs, and it certainly isn't easy to find good references. However, my logic was that there is no pressing need for a KAB-1500S-E either, so I thought I'd ask. wink_o.gif

This, of course, is by no means an attempt to denigrate the outstanding work that GodHammer's done on the KABs and FABs thus far. And, answering my own earlier question, that is a KAB-500L.

Hey no problems, guys smile_o.gif

Yes it's definitely a Kab500L, and I was thinking to put on hold the modeling of the S versions and make other stuff that may be more useful. A East side proper laser designator would be a nice addon for Spec Ops, if I remember well I should have a pic of one of those in my archivie, but a big thing, mounted on a tripod. I'd prefer to model missiles, that's my field actually, I am thinking about solutions for cluster dispensers-bombs and Fuel Air explosives as well. But never say never, I modeled a LD for P'85 already smile_o.gif

I seriously need an hand with visual FX-scripts for my incoming FAEs, I have good references-blueprints of those and I'd like to introduce them ingame soon smile_o.gif

Thanks for comments and advices, I am glad you guys apreciate and find my work useful smile_o.gif

And I'd like to thank also some people that are alwasy there to help: Aimpoint, DaSquade, Eddie from Racs Mod, Aushilfe, Soul Assassin, Southy... and many more who help me with advices, tips, tutorials. Thank you all guys notworthy.gif

I'll see what I can do about that. GodHammer, check your PMs please.

Finally I can say I'm happy with the model, I complitely reworked this one, to match the higher standard quality I'd like to release.

The seeking head has been redone from scratch complitely, I reworked also the glass dome covering the TV device.

Fins and textures updated.

I would have done better with text definition but with a mere 512*512 texture, considering the missile's dimensions, it is the best I can do.

Some datas for this newborn model:

KH-29T ( NATO reporting name: AS-14 Kedge )

A short range, supersonic, Fire and Forget air-to-surface missile, intended to destroy hardened targets.

It features a TV-based guidance system.

Maximum effective distance of launch is 8-10km.

It has been integrated on the Mig-27, Su-17, Su-22, Su-24 and Su-25 soviet attack aircraft, as well as the newest models.

Enjoy wink_o.gif

KH-29TV2.jpg

I didn't see it posted and apologize if I missed it, but is this project for the whole community or just for one Mod team?

Whatever the case, these bombs and missiles look incredible!

Good work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hey Miles, my work is for everybody who is interested in.

Any ideas, requests, advices and tips are welcome smile_o.gif

My aim is to add some variety to weapon loadouts, to increase realism and freedom of choice smile_o.gif

I was just wondering as I'd love to use these beautiful bombs on my mod's Syrian and Egyptian Migs and Sukhoi's.

As far as ideas, cluster munitions would be good but I know those require alot of scripting. The same goes for cluster munitions that lay mindfields.

However if you can make some fuel air bombs that make those nice mini-mushroom clouds, that would be super awesome!

Your bombs certainly deserve some nice custom explosions and sound FX.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I would love some nice custom FX, to be sincere, the 1500 KG class bombs deserve a bigger explosion, as well as the incendiary devices would need proper FXs...

I would LOVE some help with scripts and FXs, if anybody is willing to help that would be more than apreciated.

A fuel air for the Opfor team ( ODAB 500PM ) is already on my desktop, I have hi res pics and blueprints, that killer " air-bubble-then-explode" graphic FX would add a lot to the game...

Clusters and submunitions dispensers need scripts, unfortunately I cannot help with those. About models, no problems at all smile_o.gif I will release a complete package of ammo later, but if you are in need, check the first page of the topic, what says COMPLETE can be delivered wink_o.gif

Cheers, GH.

The MK-82, MK-83 and MK-84 would be very nice to have, as well as their JDAM equivalents. biggrin_o.gif

Though it looks like you're pretty busy. There are a lot of planes being converted to Arma from OFP would be good to have something pretty from them to drop.

The MK-82, MK-83 and MK-84 would be very nice to have, as well as their JDAM equivalents.  biggrin_o.gif

Though it looks like you're pretty busy. There are a lot of planes being converted to Arma from OFP would be good to have something pretty from them to drop.

We at project RACS have a very nice JDAm, and JSOW id anyone needs it just PM me. BIS gave us the Mk82 in the sample models.

Thanks Soviet, much apreciated smile_o.gif

Finished the improved UB32A-57, 57mm rocket pod for use with aircraft. Added some small things to the model, made it a little lighter, changed the texture to match the real one, added a bluish-look to the aluminium color, added material maps. Now making other LODS.

Enjoy smile_o.gif

UB32A-57.jpg

Also B-8M1 80mm rocket pod updated with new texture, materials and few touches here and there. Displayed with the 57mm pod for dimensions comparison.

Rockets.jpg

GodHammer, your work is truly inspiring and amazing.

Never saw that much detailed (model and texture wise) weapons in any other game. I will show some of them soon in some pics of the upcoming PRACS SU-24 Fencer.

Hopefully you plan to continue and use your work also for ArmA2!

just out of interest the stand BIS weapons include this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">};

class FuelExplosion: Default // secondary explosion

{ // never used as weapon

hit=100;indirectHit=80;indirectHitRange=8;

model=;

simulation=;

cost=1;

soundHit[]={\ca\weapons\Data\Sound\explosion_small_11,db16,1};

soundFly[]={,1,1};

soundEngine[]={,1,4};

};

Hey, 2 good news in one hit, well done guys smile_o.gif

Thanks for comments and thank you for the advice, Eble, I did not know that, we could definitely use that !!! notworthy.gif

Really pretty! yay.gif

I am not sure if that code can be used for fuel air explosion bombs. It appears to me, that it is used as explosion for gasstations and trucks ie. There is no simulation given. Will have to check that.

A scripted solution will be a way to go. Shouldnt be the problem to work on them. Lets see what can be done. biggrin_o.gif

Very nice to hear so wink_o.gif

Thanks for tips and hope to see you back on forums soon smile_o.gif

Hi,

Again: that's amazing! smile_o.gif

I hope to see these things under the wings of P85 planes! wink_o.gif

No more chopper PODS for their Su-25! biggrin_o.gif

Good work!

-Soviet-