Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 3

Yeah i know this ( Bug ) if i use E.E.H. then i get this font problem too.

That's why i do not use them.

But E.E.H. are a good solution to slove problems, if more AddOns which are using EH are combinated.

I only use HiFi, GL3, CWR and A.C.E. Island Pack so i do not need to use the E.E.H.

To bad... i added the sounds few days bevore i released GL3 now it looks like i have forgotten to also add them to the E.E.H. config...

I already fixed the E.E.H. Config

<span style='color:red'>GL3 v.1.1 E.E.H. Config Fix</span>

Quote[/b] ]

- the player doesn't "Reloading" when reloading

What exactly do you mean by that? I didn't changed something in the configs.

May another AddOn/Mod that you are using do make this effect.

Yeah the Error message is already known and also should be fixed in the next version.

Thank you very much for reporting all thouse things and for the pic's you uploaded. thumbs-up.gif

Im not using any addons at all just the plain old ArmA, all patched up. I tried with beta and without. Do I have to do something with the sqf?

No you do not need to do anything.

Put the folder "@GL3" in your ArmA directory add the launch line in your ArmA shortcut and you are ready to start.

In the editor for example place a West Soldier ( You/Player ) and 2 or how many you want Enemy ( EAST ) units/groups.

And that's it.

It's that simple. I really don't know what you are doing wrong...

Have you already tryed the new update?

<span style='color:red'>Mirrows:</span>

GL3 v.1.1

GL3 v.1.1

this is a lovely release. cheers.

one question - the first aid and grenade and other efect s- do they interfere with ohter mods? I am specifically thinking of ace as that has its own similar functions i think and i'd love to be able to mix your great mod with that mod (which has become a must have for me when playing arma now).

really enjoyed GL way back then and even more now./ thanks!

Thanks. Glad to here you enjoy GL3. smile_o.gif

Well so far there should not be any problems using GL3 toghetter with other AddOns/Mod's, becouse they all use their own variables.

I use: GL3_VariableName

A.C.E. use: ACE_VariableName

If there should be stuff which is avalible twice through combinating stuff with GL3 then you can disable features of Group Link 3 in the GL3_Settings.sqf

Just make sure!! As far as i know A.C.E. use E.E.H. ( Extended Eventhandlers ) so this means you have to pick the GL3 E.E.H. config, which can be found in the "Config" folder of "@GL3".

Hiho,

what exactly will happen if I don't use the E.E.H. GL3 config?

I'm using several addons that need the E.E.H. for example Sentinel's AH-1Z pack and Maddmatts ArmA effects.

Regarding the reloading sound ... maybe there's a conflict with the gl2plus.pbo ... I'll have a look into it again und start the game without it.

Hiho, what exactly will happen if I don't use the E.E.H. GL3 config?

Well i choosed to use 2 config's.

1 who supports E.E.H. and another onw which use the defaule E.H.

Like i told already i personally do not need the E.E.H. becouse i use no AddOns which require them.

But if you use AddOns which require the E.E.H. and you use GL3 without the E.E.H. config, then the E.E.H. will overwrite the default GL3 EH.

My E.E.H. config is nothing else then the E.E.H. config Maddmatt is using for his ArmA Effect's.

Regarding the reloading sound ... maybe there's a conflict with the gl2plus.pbo ... I'll have a look into it again und start the game without it.

Yes i'm sure it come's from another AddOn/Mod, becouse GL3 do not change anything in this way to make this happend. biggrin_o.gif

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks for a great addon, which is that easy to use even I can use it.... tounge2.gif

P.s

If you require any sound work doing, just pm me mate...always been a fan of your work biggrin_o.gif

Regards

Mark XIII

I had a funny idea for static GL3 groups who guard an area. What if the soldiers randomly sit down, yawn or do something else? Of course there must be some requirements ... 6.00 pm or later + no enemy contact for 20 minutes + randomized count of troops who do this + player is around 200 metres or so.

I know some good animations who can provide this behaviour, but the main problem is that they're from queens gambit so you would have to make it an optional feature anyway. How do like this feature? It would make the AI look more human in behaviour.

@Mark XIII

Thanks, nice to hear. smile_o.gif

I do like your work very much too. biggrin_o.gif

HiFi is my standard sound Mod since a loong time.

To me it's simply the best Sound Mod out there.

Hmm... Currently i'm working on some Effect scripts, which do need sound too.

Explosions and so on.

Thanks for your offer. I will come back to it soon. biggrin_o.gif

I had a funny idea for static GL3 groups who guard an area. What if the soldiers randomly sit down, yawn or do something else? Of course there must be some requirements ... 6.00 pm or later + no enemy contact for 20 minutes + randomized count of troops who do this + player is around 200 metres or so.

LoL Legislator and his all time Group Link ideas. biggrin_o.gif

Of course i like this idea. Sounds pretty good. wink_o.gif

I will see what i can do with this till the next version comes out.

B.t.w.: I found a fix for your "@" Linux server problem. tounge2.gif

Thanx SNKMAN, but i wont need the code now since I got hit into an other problem with GL3. It seems that GL3 and RKSL Cargo System addon are not compatible with each other. If Im running both addons, the game will freeze if i put a RLSL Cargo Vehicle on the map, and try to play. I will only see a freezed black screen i must restart my PC. Im quite sure of this since, with same setup, but removing GL3, the RKSL vehicles worked fine. I dont what could possibly cause this or if anybody else have had the same problem.

So for my current mission i swiched back to DAC, eventhoug i like some parts of GL3 much more.

I will look int GL3 again at next release.

PS. I like the idea of Legislator alot. Atmosphere is what makes the game. Why have nobody thoght of this before?..

It seems that GL3 and RKSL Cargo System addon are not compatible with each other.

Bad news...

Well can you plz give me a link to the RKSL stuff you are using?

I will dl and check what's going on there.

PS. I like the idea of Legislator alot. Atmosphere is what makes the game. Why have nobody thoght of this before?..

Yeah biggrin_o.gif Legislator alway's comes up with such crazy ( Very Nice! ) ideas. wink_o.gif

Thanx SNKMAN, but i wont need the code now since I got hit into an other problem with GL3. It seems that GL3 and RKSL Cargo System addon are not compatible with each other. If Im running both addons, the game will freeze if i put a RLSL Cargo Vehicle on the map, and try to play. I will only see a freezed black screen i must restart my PC. Im quite sure of this since, with same setup, but removing GL3, the RKSL vehicles worked fine. I dont what could possibly cause this or if anybody else have had the same problem.

So for my current mission i swiched back to DAC, eventhoug i like some parts of GL3 much more.

I will look int GL3 again at next release.

Yup I have the same problem. I just couldn't figure out the conflict. I'm using RKSL Cargo System in the mission I'm working on and adding GL3 causes the game to freeze. I don't have to restart the computer though, just control+alt+delete and close it with the task manager.

Here's a link to the RKSL DL page:

http://www.rkslstudios.info/downloads/downloads.html

Well .. it's been a while but I still have some ideas for ArmA that never had been made before.

For example ... if an enemy unit surrenders you should get the option to "interrogate" biggrin_o.gif After multiple "interrogations" the unit will lose some health, maybe cries and plays a good animation and if you'll succeed the prisoner reveals some information about the enemy, displayed via marker on the map ... maybe for X minutes?

Something like that - but in form of talking to civilians - will be included in ArmA 2 by the way!

From what I've seen in the past the enemy doesn't surreder that often so it would be cool feature that rounds everything up.

Snkman, did you change the infantery movement behaviour for long distances? Sometimes it's very annoying if infantery groups try to walk from A to B across the country when they're alerted. It would be really cool if they choose to mount an empty vehicle of their side if possible and if they spot one.

That reminds me to a very funny vehicle-remount-situation tounge2.gif We damaged a 5t truck a little bit which came along the street. Somehow we got distracted and the enemy infantry onboard escaped. Some minutes later we saw a schoolbus having the enemy infantry group onboard biggrin_o.gif I really like this feature! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the link.

I already dl and tested it.

Well ArmA freez after the RKSL Game Logics are placed.

The RKSL Cargo System is a very complex script... This may need some time to fix.

But i think it has something to do with the Config.

I will hold you up to date.

I've done some tests. GL3 doesn't work with the gl3config.pbo that doesn't support E.E.H. if you'll use other addons that use E.E.H.

So the only way it's running right now is accepting the huge letters and taking the gl3config.pbo with E.E.H. support  sad_o.gif I hope these letters can be fixed somehow.

Removing the gl2plus.pbo did not remove my no-reloading-sound problem. Still the player doesn't shout while reloading. Only the AI shouts "reloading" from time to time.

I've got another suggestion. Can you please insert the markers introduced with patch 1.14 into your marker script? I think they would fit very well into GL3.

I've done some tests. GL3 doesn't work with the gl3config.pbo that doesn't support E.E.H. if you'll use other addons that use E.E.H.

So the only way it's running right now is accepting the huge letters and taking the gl3config.pbo with E.E.H. support  sad_o.gif I hope these letters can be fixed somehow.

That's exactly, what i told you few posts bevore. wink_o.gif

I tested it some more times and it look's like the big letters only appers if the E.E.H. are used with GL3.

So i think its a GL3 config problem and not a E.E.H. problem...  sad_o.gif

I do also think, that RKSL stuff do not work, becouse of something in the config is wrong...

I'm really not good in creating config's.

I do love scripting that's what i'm addicted to. tounge2.gif

If someone of you knows how to handle configs and the E.E.H. stuff please and may would be interested to help then please take a look in the GL3 config's.

May someone with a better config knowledge can fixing this problem.

@Legislator

About the reloading sound:

It only works if your group got more then 1 unit and if enemy units are nearby you and the player/unit which should scream "Reloading" do know something about the nearest enemy unit.

Also the player/unit will not always scream reloading its with random.

It simply was stupid to let players/units always scream reloading even if they wasn't in a combat situation like i made it in GL2 Plus.

You call it stupid, I loved it because it's very funny biggrin_o.gif It didn't alert AI anyway. Maybe I'll change it only for myself I you can tell me where to do the change.

Ahm ... and what building exactly uses the choir as an environment sound? biggrin_o.gif Using Mapfact 3DE I scrolled across the town Masbete and I heard them singing. But there is no church! crazy_o.gif

How to change the Reloading function:

Go to:

"@GL3\GL3_Core\GL3_Core_Database\"

Open the file: "GL3_Global_Database.sqf"

Then look for:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// GL3 Function #0 ( Eventhandler AnimChanged )

// Dynamic Speaking Reloading

// Description: If player is in a Combat situation, then player will

// randomly scream "Reloading" while Reloading

// Script by =\SNKMAN/=

{private ["_a","_b","_c","_d","_e"];

_a = _this select 0;

_b = _this select 1;

if (_a in (GL3_Client select 0)) then

{

if (({_b == _x} count (GL3_Resource select 22)) > 0) then

{

if (floor(random 100) > 30) then

{

_c = _a nearTargets 100;

_d = 0;

while {_d < count _c} do

{

_e = (_c select _d select 4);

// /////////// DEBUG ///////////

// hint format["DEBUG: Reloading: %1", _e];

// /////////////////////////////

_d = _d + 1;

if ((_a countFriendly [_e] == 0) && (count (units group _a) > 1) && (_e knowsAbout _a > 1)) exitWith

{

// hint format["DEBUG: Reloading: %1", _a];

["Reloading",_a] call (GL3_Compile select 15);

};

};

};

};

};

Replace the whole code with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// GL3 Function #0 ( Eventhandler AnimChanged )

// Dynamic Speaking Reloading

// Description: If player is in a Combat situation, then player will

// randomly scream "Reloading" while Reloading

// Script by =\SNKMAN/=

{private ["_a","_b","_c","_d","_e"];

_a = _this select 0;

_b = _this select 1;

if (_a in (GL3_Client select 0)) then

{

if (({_b == _x} count (GL3_Resource select 22)) > 0) then

{

// hint format["DEBUG: Reloading: %1", _a];

["Reloading",_a] call (GL3_Compile select 15);

};

};

Church Chor ONLY is avalible, if the building class is "Church"

I don't know what exactly you heared, but if no Church was nearby your position, then it may was... Hmm... biggrin_o.gif

Nope to be seriouse no Church = No Church Chor.

Sorry, can't test at the moment but is it possible to run any form of Group Link 3 alongside the RKSL Cargo System and ACE?

Daniel @ Jan. 13 2009,22:05)]Sorry, can't test at the moment but is it possible to run any form of Group Link 3 alongside the RKSL Cargo System and ACE?

RKSL Cargo System is not compatible so far, but i'm working on a fix.

A.C.E. i don't know... I don't use A.C.E.

Maybee someone else can report if GL3 works with A.C.E.

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>GL3 v.1.1 RKSL Compatibility Config Fix</span></span>

Still not perfect but it works and do it's job. wink_o.gif

Note:

In the folder "@GL3\E.E.H.Config\" you can find the Extended Eventhandlers Config.

In the folder "@GL3\AddOns\" you can find the default none E.E.H. Config.

@Legislator

Snkman, did you change the infantery movement behaviour for long distances? Sometimes it's very annoying if infantery groups try to walk from A to B across the country when they're alerted. It would be really cool if they choose to mount an empty vehicle of their side if possible and if they spot one.

Sometimes i really ask my self why spending hours to write a ReadMe, when no one reads the ReadMe... whistle.gif

Yes the mount feature is in GL3 and works very nice.

But like i told... It's all documented in the ReadMe. tounge2.gif

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>GL3 v.1.1 RKSL Compatibility Config Fix</span></span>

Still not perfect but it works and do it's job. wink_o.gif

Note:

In the folder "@GL3\E.E.H.Config\" you can find the Extended Eventhandlers Config.

In the folder "@GL3\AddOns\" you can find the default none E.E.H. Config.

@Legislator

Sometimes i really ask my self why spending hours to write a ReadMe, when no one reads the ReadMe... whistle.gif

Yes the mount feature is in GL3 and works very nice.

But like i told... It's all documented in the ReadMe. tounge2.gif

Thanks SNKMAN.

I wouldn't be able to choose between RKSL, ACE and GL3 - if they weren't all compatible I might be driven to a nervous breakdown.

@SNKMAN

I've just finished tracking down the cause myself. At least the problem of it locking up during startup. The following code is not reliable when it comes to identifying vehicles:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if !(_a isKindOf "Man")

It won't account for things like game logics, and infantry inheriting from classes above Man. In other words they return themselves as crew. I ended up swapping this line:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if !(_a isKindOf "Man") then {{[_x] call (GL3_Compile select 0)}} forEach (crew _a);

With this code from the Extended Init Event Handler pbo:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if((count (Crew _a)>0)&&{(getText(configFile/"CfgVehicles"/(typeOf _a)/"simulation"))==_x}count["soldier","invisible"]==0) then {{[_x] call (GL3_Compile select 0)}} forEach (crew _a);

You could also do this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if !(_a isKindOf "Man") Then

{

If ((Crew _a)>0) Then

{

If (((Crew _a) Select 0)==(Vehicle ((Crew _a) Select 0)) Then

{

//It's not a vehicle

};

};

};

The other solution is the one you've already implemented. Add your init events directly to class Man instead of AllVehicles.

I wasn't exactly sure how you wanted to handle the Extended Init Event handler classes, did you want a separate pdo for the eventhandeler events. Or did you want to have the Extended Init Event Handler as a required addon for all your pbo's?

Hi UNN, smile_o.gif

thank you very much for taking the time to look into this problem. thumbs-up.gif

I already wanted to send you a P.M. becouse i saw your name in all the RKSL scripts.

To br true i have no big knowledge about configs...

I do always try different things till it works and this may takes very long!

Quote[/b] ]

I wasn't exactly sure how you wanted to handle the Extended Init Event handler classes, did you want a separate pdo for the eventhandeler events. Or did you want to have the Extended Init Event Handler as a required addon for all your pbo's?

I like to use two different configs.

1 which gives E.E.H. support and another one which can be used without the E.E.H.

I do not really get your question. whistle.gif

One config of GL3 should require the E.E.H. the other one should work with the default ArmA EventHandler class.

So users of GL3 can choose which config they like to use.

If you know a better solution or if you would do something else in the config PLEASE let me know.

So thanks again for your help UNN.