• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic
AVIBIRD 1
AVIBIRD 1

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1278 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 16:49 #1

Hello this is AVIBIRD 1 A few old friends and some new players are playing almost every night again. We want to build back the community.

OFP is still better than any 360 GAME on the market hands down. for 15$for a copy of the game and 50$ for an old xbox you could still be playing the best game ever made.

We play around 7pm to 1am EST (USA) for anyone. all welcome to join and play. Lets start rebuilding the community and let the passed be the passed. All welcome to play well maybe NOT all I can think of a few LOL.

AVIBIRD 1 When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!
If you make the game, They will play!
The truth is out there, if you look a liitle! Posted Image
AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game, Keep Chuck Norris home!
If they make this game, They will play!
The truth is out there, If you look!

Infam0us
Infam0us

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1299 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 00:08 #2

GL Posted Image
Posted Image

jonesy250f_101
jonesy250f_101

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 08:16 #3

I would LOVE to start playing this game again (just found it in a box and didn't think I still had it!Posted Image but I have a modded Xbox don't have Xbox live, Is that what you guys are playing on or are you on that Xlink Kai or whatever?

HeAvY TrAnCe
HeAvY TrAnCe

Sergeant

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 19:46 #4

i use to play on live all the time... I would have to consider myself a die-hard ofp fan... Arma is good too... that is what im playing now... cant wait for flashpoint 2 and arma 2.... and i would deff. play flashpoint on my old box but its at home at my parents house and unfortunately wot be able to get it anytime soon...
| Custom MSI GT70 ONE-276US | Intel Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3940XM (3.2-3.9 GHz Turbo) | nVidia GTX 680M 4GB DDR5 | 16 GB DDR3-1600MHz | 128GB SSD x 2 (Super RAID) | 750GB HDD 7200RPM | IC Diamond Themal Compound Repaste CPU + GPU | Bigfoot Networks Killer™ E2200 High Performance LAN Killer | Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1202 + Bluetooth 4.0 (Dual Band) | Custom Copper Cooling Heatsink System |

If I see you on DayZ, I will Kill you. I'm not going to waste my time trying to find out if you are friendly.

mr reality
mr reality

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1170 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 20:02 #5

It's a shame they never adapted elite for the 360 as that would of made me join live.
The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts
  • LocationVisby, Gotland, Sweden

Posted 17 February 2009 - 13:24 #6

It's a shame they never adapted elite for the 360 as that would of made me join live.

Yeah it was a big shame. For me personally playing Flashpoint Elite was the best experiences of playing any version of Flashpoint and IMO it was the best version of Flashpoint that we made.

Testing 30 player MP at BIS shooting the crap out of CM producers was just wonderful fun Posted Image

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

mr.g-c
mr.g-c

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2381 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 15:34 #7

MP at BIS shooting the crap out of CM producers was just wonderful fun Posted Image

Sounds awesome! Posted Image
Can you tell maybe more?
Marek Spanel: [...] Every single element is well taught so that it fits together. So this is a significant change, because with ArmA 1 it was just random, really.
We made some units because we had to. There wasn't much passion from our side with the first ArmA, to be honest. This time it's different. (Videogamer.com Interview:)

Please BIS: Arma2 must become a TRUE MASTERPIECE - Not a middle-heavy catastrophe!

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 18:48 #8

I believe we were testing the 50 player limit on the Xbox beta build (max we had in at one time was either 34 or 36 as I recall, ran very smoothly though), most of the BIS office stayed behind and in the UK a large amount of Codemasters community guys and producers (at least one or two Darlings as I recall), we played various modes including TDM, BIS v CM, we slaughtered them, and then some Posted Image

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

Andymc4610
Andymc4610

Private First Class

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 22:25 #9

I still have two old Xbox's and Elite is in one of the trays. the mission editor though not as advanced as the PC was fast to produce quick missions. Was this one ported to ARMA as the mission wizard? the PC OFP one is there too...still have not figured why the two but it works.

Uziyahu--IDF
Uziyahu--IDF

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1504 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 20:42 #10

Yeah, as simplified as the mission editor was, lots of geniuses came up with work-around solutions to produce missions that were just as satisfying.

Those were the days. Those who gave it half a chance absolutely loved it, but many were drawn away by the release of the 360.

You could hear the fear and tension in the voices of the players on some of the missions. Sometimes it took self-appointed squad leaders to keep things together against the formidable A.I.

Elite seemed to me to be a highly polished release. There were only a handful of bugs I ever discovered. For such an ambitious game, that was staggering.

I'd love to get those days back.
One of the OFP "Veterans"

Raptor
Raptor

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1586 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 20:50 #11

@Paul
is it possibve to play elite on x360 or do I need the old Xbox ?
Maybe did someone other know if i can play it on Xbox360 and how?

I know its not converted and so on, but maybe there is a mode or a trick to play it on the xbox360?

Andymc4610
Andymc4610

Private First Class

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 23:21 #12

There was no BC for Elite....never heard of anyone getting it to work on the 360. gamestop has the xbox for $50.

Andymc4610
Andymc4610

Private First Class

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 23:23 #13

uzi if i remember right didn't you have three copies? LOL....

Uziyahu--IDF
Uziyahu--IDF

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1504 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:14 #14

I bought a whole bunch of copies, giving them away to friends and those I thought might appreciate the game.

Gave a copy to each of the UbiSoft Frag Dolls UK. No sign that any of them ever played it. Two of those Frag Dolls later participated in the closest live-action approximation to Flashpoint, known as Warfighters (though it was the official live-action version of Ghost Recon). I was at one of the day's events. Those Frag Dolls kicked arse.

You can search YouTube for warfighters and see some of the action.

Either the owner told them to go easy on me (I had 2 hours sleep the night before), or my Army training + time in FPS's like OFP kept me from getting killed. Bored with our team winning so much, I started going more Rambo near the end, which got me killed, as expected.

Would have loved to play the game with the Dolls. I think they would have had an absolute blast with it, if they gave it a chance.
One of the OFP "Veterans"

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 20:04 #15

@Paul
is it possibve to play elite on x360 or do I need the old Xbox ?
Maybe did someone other know if i can play it on Xbox360 and how?

I know its not converted and so on, but maybe there is a mode or a trick to play it on the xbox360?

Sadly no Posted Image It was a huge shame MS never made it compatible with the 360, but I guess the complexities were just too much for them, shame as it would still be the best milsim on 360 to date.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 13:10 #16

Very unfortunate really

I played Elite almost every night well into 2006 and 'only' bought a 360 april 2006 (all my friends allready bought the thing in nov/dec 2005)

It is to date the ONLY game of which i have 2 copies. I remember being in gameshops etc and reshuffling the games and put Elite in front hahaha LOL. I bought my 2nd copy just for the heck of it:)

Saluting you all

Posted Image
New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

dentist guba
dentist guba

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 18:46 #17

I look forward to seeing some of you guys on ARMA 2 when it (fingers crossed) comes out on 360 ;D
1--\"
>3 move to 1 1 2
>4 move to 1 1 7
>5 move to that BUSH at 12 O'CLOCK\"

All-- \"err, what does that stuff actually mean\"

1--\"Just DO IT\"!!!

Raptor
Raptor

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1586 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 17:25 #18

Thanks for the replys. Posted Image
Yes shame but as guba wrote, looking forward to ArmA2 X360. Posted Image

jonesy250f_101
jonesy250f_101

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:29 #19

I REALLY hope it makes it to the 360! I'll be so upset if it doesnt! haha I'm hoping it will be out by the time I get out of basic training in late June! lol High hopes, but hey I can dream. lol Posted Image

Kies
Kies

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 21:06 #20

Ditto that,I was just about to buy elite when I noticed it wasn't compatible. Which is just plain annoying,because I don't have an original xbox anymore.
\"If hair elastics were people,you would be a nazi!\"