sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment Public Release!

what the hell!!  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif   am i dreaming or what?  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Yes. Go back to sleep smile_o.gif

Can't wait to try it. I can't get onto the ACE Wiki, still as it says "Error" and that I should "log in" :/

Also, should I uninstall all the mods I've got enabled, such as lowplants? The Wiki might say that certain mods are included but I can't see that, of course.

Is it inended that, we cant read the Wiki, as unregisterd user?

I can't even see the featurelist, without loging in.

It's fixed now.

If by fixed you mean we can view the feature list details, it's not.

Quote[/b] ]

Working...BUT

How the heck do i change guns on keyboard...

Flying chopper

Unfortunately, if the program is the same as when I last used it, you can't. The way the FCS works precludes the use of the normal weapon switching.

Downloaded. Its awesome. Kudos to anybody who worked on ACE. It was well worth the wait.

Congratulations A.C.E. team, well done.

notworthy.gif

Xeno

Is it inended that, we cant read the Wiki, as unregisterd user?

I can't even see the featurelist, without loging in.

It's fixed now.

If by fixed you mean we can view the feature list details, it's not.

Quote[/b] ]

Working...BUT

How the heck do i change guns on keyboard...

Flying chopper

Unfortunately, if the program is the same as when I last used it, you can't.  The way the FCS works precludes the use of the normal weapon switching.

I just registered and I still can't access much in the Wiki. Now it says I need permission.

Fk Andersson,

That's been mentioned in the ReadMe or in this forum, I can't remember. Use the action menu as stated.

ACE Team,

Thanks for included class names, I was just about to do it myself but the shear number of units makes it a daunting task. Not like that's a bad thing though. wink_o.gif

But I can't seem to find the class names for the Vehicles. Am I just missing them or are they not included.

This page and almost all links pages should work:

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/Category:ACE_features

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">* ACE:Feature:3rd Person

* ACE:Feature:AI Changes

* ACE:Feature:Ah1Z FCS

* ACE:Feature:Autorotation

* ACE:Feature:Backblast

* ACE:Feature:CQB

* ACE:Feature:Crew Damage

* ACE:Feature:Crew Protection

* ACE:Feature:Crew Served Weapons

* ACE:Feature:Destruction Effects

* ACE:Feature:Digital Compass

* ACE:Feature:Dogtags

* ACE:Feature:Eject

* ACE:Feature:Engine Start

* ACE:Feature:Environment FX

* ACE:Feature:Explosion Effects

* ACE:Feature:Fast Switching

* ACE:Feature:Fixed-Wing Reverse

* ACE:Feature:Flashbangs

* ACE:Feature:Grenade Simulation

* ACE:Feature:HuntIR

* ACE:Feature:IRStrobes

* ACE:Feature:Jump

* ACE:Feature:LVOSS

* ACE:Feature:Magazines System

* ACE:Feature:Map (Inventory Object)

* ACE:Feature:Missiles

* ACE:Feature:NVG

* ACE:Feature:Overheating

* ACE:Feature:Overpressure

* ACE:Feature:Parachutes

* ACE:Feature:Penetration

* ACE:Feature:Radio Silence

* ACE:Feature:Range Finder

* ACE:Feature:Recoil Dust

* ACE:Feature:Respawn

* ACE:Feature:Rocket Ballistics

* ACE:Feature:RoundCount

* ACE:Feature:Ruck Sys

* ACE:Feature:SightAdjustment

* ACE:Feature:Smokegrenades

* ACE:Feature:Stamina

* ACE:Feature:Steady Aim

* ACE:Feature:Suppression

* ACE:Feature:Tailrotor

* ACE:Feature:Throwmodes

* ACE:Feature:Tracking

* ACE:Feature:Voices Russian

* ACE:Feature:Weapon jamming

* ACE:Feature:Wind Effect on Helicopters

* ACE:Feature:Wounds

First report after small testing:

place on editor a group of long range special forces, then shoot to your teammates, i take about 7-8 hits till they fall down.

Try to hit to another guy from another team and the same, 7-8 hits till they die.

And, if you try with an standar unit (101st division for example) with an m16, it takes only 3-4 hits. Seems to be that their magazines are too weak biggrin_o.gif

(If someone already replied, I missed it).

Do you have any other mods or addons running besides ACE? It sounds like something is conflicting with the wounding system, maybe you have an older version of XEH somewhere.

Run ACE again with no other addons/mods. When you shoot them they should at least pass out in 1 or 2 shots.

Good stuff biggrin_o.gif

This is what I lose so far (in return of a much greater gain)

- AI's ability to enter and search buildings

- RH addons (Russian VDV and Marines), T-64 (the other version does not show up in the editor)

Are you planning on adding "proper" uniforms for the Eastern block units. They now seem to have SLA camo.

After cleaning the addon folders I had a huge increase in frame rate.

Some of the addons that I converted also appear in new clothes. Excellent work smile_o.gif

Woohoo!

Thanks for free X-Mas present in sucky economy biggrin_o.gif

Can't get the 'jump' feature to work as it really only seemed to work one time. I've cleaned out addons folder and am using no other mods  confused_o.gif

wow this is nice. Good work love it wink_o.gif But some issues with aircraft on the AH-64s and Cobra when i chose all weapon load out the ones with all the weapons loaded on the heli i cant switch weapons like the main cannon gun or others just the rockets i can use. Also how would change the NVG Sensitivity to an diffrent button like the pluse key and minuse key its that i use page up and down for my prone positions.

To all those of you who intend to complain about the weapon damage, keep this in mind:

Since we have a complex injury system, bullets don't need to kill instantly anymore. In fact like in reality bloodpressure is the most likely cause of death.

So if you have hit an enemy, wait and watch him bleed to death.

But be aware the damage you do depends on size and speed of your projectile (Supersonic, Subsonic) and the armor of your enemy.

All in all the damage system is way more advanced, and realistic, so just because a person doesn't drop dead instantly it doesn't mean that it is not deadly wounded.

Also why does all the units have back packs? Could just some units have back packs like moutain units in that class? Its just that all the units in this mod have back packs.

wow this is nice. Good work love it wink_o.gif But some issues with aircraft on the AH-64s and Cobra when i chose all weapon load out the ones with all the weapons loaded on the heli i cant switch weapons like the main cannon gun or others just the rockets i can use. Also how would change the NVG Sensitivity to an diffrent button like the pluse key and minuse key its that i use page up and down for my prone positions.

This is not a bug, but on purpose, the pilot can now use the unguided rockets, while the gunner can use the rest of th weapons at the same time.

So the unguided missiles are actually usefull now, since noo coop is needed anymore to shoot them and aim wink_o.gif

1. Like with the real thing, the pilot has control over the rockets while the gunner has the missiles and cannon.

2. Look in your "\ArmA\Dta\ACE" folder. There is a file called "ace_keys.hpp". Edit it with a text editor to change keys. Make sure to keep a backup of it just in case you mess it up.