Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Omg guys stop complaining...

Those all micro elements doesnt matter... if you want micro elements, then go play Americas Army and get at least 3 Critical Take Downs per hour playing Coop with MEGA laggy AI or get pwned by a hacker.

In my opinion, Arma2 is a first BI game that's going to beat a good old ofp.

The only thing I can complain about is that I haven't seen A10 in arma2 so far... hopefully it will be included.

[Edit] Looks like BI included fov 1.08 in Arma2 wink_o.gif

acturally i give up on telling them stop complaining

think it as modern day passenger aircraft, all seats have its own PDEC, and if the passenger find the seat TV is broken, they will complain about it without knowing the replacement of the seat it self might mean a delay on flight, which they will complain even more.

In return in most case the aircraft operator would choose not to sell the ticket of that seat, then someone would complain that A/C operator "for some reason" intentionally dont sell them ticket even if the aircraft is not full.

. . . and I give up trying to understand some of you "hardcore ArmA" fans that only thing you want from the series is just more *simple* vehicles, weapons and better graphics. NOTHING on the simulation/immersion part.

I hope OFP2 devs weren't really serious when they're talking about realism and weapon usage modelling. If so, future of the ArmA series doesn't look really bright to me.

Pulverizer, I don't know why you've taken my post to yourself.

Because I'm a "guy" and you directed your post to "Guys" right after my post.

. . . and I give up trying to understand some of you "hardcore ArmA" fans that only thing you want from the series is just more *simple* vehicles, weapons and better graphics. NOTHING on the simulation/immersion part.

Exactly. If all of us were like that they'd just release the same god damn game every year and live happily ever after.

every developer that develops a game for some time feel like they are helping their baby grow and help it learn new stuff, I think Bis feels the same about the arma 2 game. Comparing to advertisement flash games that are done in a week or 2 and where gameplay is less important than the product placement part.

In Arma 1 lots of things where a first time for Bis like Hdr graphics and stuff, as I see it Arma 2 will be a much improved game where new stuff has been added and old techniques has been perfected. inlove.gif

I have a question for the developers. Is the soon-to-come video advertised on Arma2.com the same one IGN posted? I'm confused because at least two, or maybe three, of the teaser screenshots match a scene from trailer.

This is a hopeless muddling of the actual situation.  Of course everyone wants everything.  No one is denying that a penetration based damage system or a more complicated tank FCS would be great out of the box.  The argument is that it's pointless and irritating to hear 'wah wahwahwity wah wah' about the same features that will not be implemented... as in will not... as in period.  There is a point where your hopes have to be dashed and you need to take a look at the situation with a level head.  All of this semi-accusatory and backhanded complaining about feature xyz is not going grow BIS a new branch of their development team to meet everyone's pet desire.  ArmA 2 will be not unlike what you have seen in the previews.

And I'm not talking about the people who want to talk about a feature they have thought up or suggest something whatever... it's the broken record whining that needs to stop.  "Zomgz0rz, ArmA is supposed to be a simulation where is the broken glass simulation" is way over the top.  Also, shaking your fist or your finger constantly at BIS for features that have been confirmed to NOT be in the design won't get you anywhere either.  A petition might be cool, but who is not going to sign a petition for free stuff?  Like please.  I'm sure BIS is aware of what we want and will either implement our suggestions or not based on what their situation is, and leafing off vitriolic, repetitive, derivative posts like airdropped war propaganda after every new preview video is not going to make any difference.

Although I signed the petition I pretty much have to agree with plaintiff1 on this one. For one thing, so many of us have asked for, well, just about everything from realistic flight models to proper grips on the M1... that after a while it probably just becomes chatter to the Developers.

I think for many of the programming illiterate out there (myself), have the mistaken belief that these 'features' can just be added to the engine similar to a sound mod, so we just can't grasp that perhaps these things are outside this engines capabilities.

One thing we have to remember is that no one has pulled off the game we are all asking for-thats No One,  with their giant budgets that can afford the best physics, modeling, scripting AI engines that exist- have pulled it off. I'm eagerly awaiting what CM has to offer, seeing as they seem to be throwing the biggest bankroll+resources ever at a game of this genre. If they fail, that will really highlight what little BIS has achieved with their more modest but nevertheless, distinguished group has done.

I will be buying Arma2.

Ha, if Arma was any indicator, I'll be buying the German version online as soon as it's available for download, and then the US Boxed edition when that's released, and again when the inevitable gold edition with expansion pack is released. You're welcome, BIS. biggrin_o.gif

This is a hopeless muddling of the actual situation.  Of course everyone wants everything.  No one is denying that a penetration based damage system or a more complicated tank FCS would be great out of the box.  The argument is that it's pointless and irritating to hear 'wah wahwahwity wah wah' about the same features that will not be implemented... as in will not... as in period.  There is a point where your hopes have to be dashed and you need to take a look at the situation with a level head.  All of this semi-accusatory and backhanded complaining about feature xyz is not going grow BIS a new branch of their development team to meet everyone's pet desire.  ArmA 2 will be not unlike what you have seen in the previews.

And I'm not talking about the people who want to talk about a feature they have thought up or suggest something whatever... it's the broken record whining that needs to stop.  "Zomgz0rz, ArmA is supposed to be a simulation where is the broken glass simulation" is way over the top.  Also, shaking your fist or your finger constantly at BIS for features that have been confirmed to NOT be in the design won't get you anywhere either.  A petition might be cool, but who is not going to sign a petition for free stuff?  Like please.  I'm sure BIS is aware of what we want and will either implement our suggestions or not based on what their situation is, and leafing off vitriolic, repetitive, derivative posts like airdropped war propaganda after every new preview video is not going to make any difference.

Actually this is exactly the "I'm happy with what I get, I like getting the same thing every year. BIS rulz. You guys are a bunch of whiners LOL" attitude that encourages them to do minimal work on the simulation.

It is obvious that they will not implement these things . . . but they also should know that there are people out there who are disappointed with the unchanged sim details coming from "ancient" OFP. And forums are the place to voice your opinion, your criticism for that.

Actually this is exactly the "I'm happy with what I get, I like getting the same thing every year. BIS rulz. You guys are a bunch of whiners LOL" attitude that encourages them to do minimal work on the simulation.

It is obvious that they will not implement these things . . . but they also should know that there are people out there who are disappointed with the unchanged sim details coming from "ancient" OFP. And forums are the place to voice your opinion, your criticism for that.

That is not what I'm saying at all.  Two straw man fallacies in two posts.  I'm sure that's no record, but it is at least notable.  Perhaps you should actually read what I have written instead of knee jerking some pathetic canned answer you have prepared for anyone who's asking you to quit publicly raging against the brick wall.  

BIS has not shown at any time that moaning at them constantly will inspire them to make any changes.  They don't respond to hostile criticism, to repetitive begging, to threats, to petitions or anything negative.  They do respond sometimes to suggestions, and they respond very well to demonstrations.  For instance, someone getting a flight on a small aircraft and demonstrating a rudder turn got them to tweak the rudder sim.  Dslyecxi's 'Tactical Gaming Done Right' article and some internal meeting or something got them to change the static iron sights to free floating ones.

And lastly, because I'm criticizing constant whining in general does not mean I think ArmA is perfect, ArmA 2 will be perfect, or that everything is 'all good'.  I prefer to mention my criticisms in the appropriate threads once... like suggestions in the suggestions forum... and not roll the same point over and over in some kind of strange attempt to get BIS angry or apathetic enough so that they'll do whatever you say to shut you up.  It's not going to work.

Ya gotta laugh really!  biggrin_o.gif

From my point of view 50 quid spent on 2 games(Arma Twice) that have lasted me 7 yrs and still going!

I dont think is a bad return no?

Realistic glass shattering/not the proper reload anims etc etc

Hmm - i can live with that!  smile_o.gif

The point is about making the criticisms being consturctive instead of constant bitching moaning or whining, thats means knowing that "enought is enought", accept the fact that they wont make it into the game, and hope some day some talent scripter can make it possible

It is clear that BI isnt covering their ears and pretended not hear any voices, there is many suggestion that BI have taken and make them into the game, but they for sure have their own limit, time, money, etc., and in most case: Things that work on SP dont mean they work in MP.

Therefore all we can do is to keep the developers feed with ideas, hope that they got all of the core part of the game right and think any ideas that come true as a gift from developers.

BIS posted some new PDF's on Arma2.com. I skimmed through them all, and most of them seemed to be the same from the presskit we saw a few months ago except for one: "ARMA 2 - Features PDF"

You can see it here: http://www.arma2.com/index.p....emid=53

You guys should check out the Facts and Figures pdf file at the above link there are some interesting things there.

Ex.) 8 Boats included; which is equal to OFP and ArmA put together if I remember correctly: LST, Mark II, Russian Boat, CRRC, CRRC (RACS), RHIB, RHIB (2x), PBX (I wouldn't techniaclly count CRRC and CRRC RACs as different though.

And lastly, because I'm criticizing constant whining in general does not mean I think ArmA is perfect, ArmA 2 will be perfect, or that everything is 'all good'.  I prefer to mention my criticisms in the appropriate threads once... like suggestions in the suggestions forum... and not roll the same point over and over in some kind of strange attempt to get BIS angry or apathetic enough so that they'll do whatever you say to shut you up.  It's not going to work.

Thats definitely worth a "quote for truth"

smile_o.gif

I can't belive this is Arma (2) !!

Looks like there is no as good team as BIS all over the world.

Community wanted new animations? Here they are.

Community wanted dragging wounded? Here it is + carrying.

Community wanted hand signals? Here they are.

Community wanted many things! Most of them are here.

Thanks BIS. The only thing I hope is that my PC will be enough good to operate with Shader Model 3.0  biggrin_o.gif

Actually, not to say anything negative about BIS or ArmA2, but thoes are all very minor additions for a NEW game. Nothing in your list there makes BIS any sort of supream developer, or "the best team in all the world". In fact, ArmA2 is likely going to go down as a "been there, done that" game in the eyes of most critics and reviews. Thats not to say its not going to be a great game, or anything... just that its likely not going to be any major leap. COD4 for example, was an amazing game, but there was very little new in it when compared to COD1.

As for the new screens and such, they look good... about the same as the last crop of screenshots/info. Still nothing seriouslly new, or amazing. My opinion remains the same, ArmA2 looks like its going to be decent, perhaps even really good. But its probly not going to hit with the shock and awe that OFP did...

Thats because OFP arrived to a empty table.

Quoted for truth.

OFP was like the first to do such an open environment and battles really well, so that's part of why people love OFP so much. Back then it was kind of a shock to be able to this stuff. Now however it has become a bit more regular, so you lose that part of the 'awesome factor'.

For me what is important is to have that feeling of OFP back again in terms of atmosphere and gameplay, and this ArmA2 seems to deliver. And the focus seems to be on the campaign again, wich i loved in OFP, so this definitely will be a must-buy for me.

ArmA has some flaws, but dudes, seriously. What other game that you can think of offers so much as Armed Assault does? The sea reacting to storms, ability to read the stars, day and night cycle, random weather, NVG's being affected by lightsources, sound taking time to arrive over distance, hell, butterflies with their own damn shadows and reacting to gunfire (at least they seem to do to me), bullet ballistics and ricochets, i could go on for a little while.

Ofcourse the game is gonna be a bit limited in other area's, like the broken carglass. But that is just eyecandy compared to all the other features i just mentioned wich affect gameplay.

BIS posted some new PDF's on Arma2.com. I skimmed through them all, and most of them seemed to be the same from the presskit we saw a few months ago except for one: "ARMA 2 - Features PDF"

You can see it here: http://www.arma2.com/index.p....emid=53

You guys should check out the Facts and Figures pdf file at the above link there are some interesting things there.

Ex.) 8 Boats included; which is equal to OFP and ArmA put together if I remember correctly: LST, Mark II, Russian Boat, CRRC, CRRC (RACS), RHIB, RHIB (2x), PBX (I wouldn't techniaclly count CRRC and CRRC RACs as different though.

Last night, the Features PDF and the Facts and Figures PDF were the same, but now it appears that BIS fixed this by changing the former. If you want to see the information that I was referring to before, look at the Facts and Figures PDF.

Just a heads up in case someone missed it.

14 planes and 13 helicopters??? biggrin_o.gif

I can't wait, that sounds like my favorite parts of Arma are going to be well fleshed out!

I can't wait to see an actual list of available equipment.

Concluding, If you don't like Arma2, don't buy it. If you want to say that OFP2 will be better than Arma2, ok then, but before you do it, leave this forum and join the CM's one.

Comparing ofp to arma2.... well... most of games those years were so linear, ofp was first which brought to player a total freedom of gameplay. You must agree with me, in ofp you could do everything both SP and MP. The second one was a total HIT!!!

Nowadays, nonlinear games are standard.

From the facts and figures:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">support for multiple joysticks/controllers

Seems bis really listens to complaints in here thumbs-up.gif

Very impressive videos,

love bis1!!

Hope for a deep storyline, like COD 4

Just occured to me, but why there is no release date confirmed by the game publishers? If the street date is just a few months away there should be some advertising going on.