Sign in to follow this  
i0n0s

RealTimeEditor 5

Ive spent about 3 hours making a great woodland base.. >< Exported all the addons into the RTE Capture Once that was done i clicked Create Template XML Added the Cords.. then Clicked Create Script and got an Error >< !!! and it only showed like 2 Objects...

Is there anyway to get back what i had.. as i spent hours making this outpost...

Anyways i was gona release a load of scripts of bases i had made using this but im going to hold off for the update and rebuild my woodland outpost sad_o.gif

This is what i managed to save.. but its nothing compaired to what i had  sad_o.gif

wbb1.jpg

wbb2.jpg

wbb3.jpg

sad_o.gif

You haven't saved before or later?

If yes, just open the file in a texteditor. Maybe there a more items in there. But even if there would be an exception in the Capture, it shouldn't destroy items mad_o.gif

I'm currently at reworking the gui which is pain in the ass. But I think I will stop here and will try to bring export back. Expect a pm with an alpha in the next days. If there won't be a pm, push me until you have the pm wink_o.gif

(Oh, and the export is really nicer because you can export more than one item at time inlove.gif )

Ah thanks for the fast reply. I really look forward, this tool is great for mission makers but not many people seem to use it.

Can this work with ECS? I think the button this uses clashes with it.

Sorry for the late reply:

I don't know why it shouldn't work with ECS but I haven't tested.

I'm proud to pronounce the release of

ArmA RealTimeEditor v4 Revision 2

r75tvnst.jpg hbyekkv8.jpg

Changes to previous version:<ul>

[*]Re added ability to place units.

[*]Added ability to place groups

[*]Objects can get selected by single click

[*]Reworked GUI

[*]Reworked export

[*]Added debug console

Doesn't sound that much, but I think it was a real gain against the previous version. So give it a try!

7woa2dxg.jpg ek2jv2tm.jpg

That reworked export means that you can export objects by a single click!

And creating areas like the factory is a much easier work.

(If someone wants to take a look using the script: The scenario can be found on pita airfield)

rkwx5hkh.jpg 4dch2rdi.jpg

A manual can be found inside the archive. Hope that it contains everything you need to work with RTE!

Downloads

Download

Mirrors:

Armaholic.com

ePrison.de

Armed Assault Info

Armed-Assault.de

Assault Mission Studio

May the source be with you!

You should make a default mission thats made for the editing and can export to mission.sqms, so then we can just copy paste out of the editor... yay.gif

Is there any report by BIS how much placing custom objects lags the MP? I've heard that if you place a lot of concrete walls (for example to create 2-3 FOBs) the MP code gets lagged by it?

Real Time editor looks certainly impressive will have to check it out smile_o.gif

@Sniper_Pilot:

RTEditorV4_Rev2_ECS_fix.rar

This fix just moves the RTE button downwards so that it don't conflict with the ECS button. For some reasons the background doesn't fit any more, but this is a minor flaw.

To move the button to it's old position, just uncomment #define ION_RTE_ECS in ION_RTE.h

This fix is only required for ECS users!

@Rommel:

What exactly do you mean with that 'default mission'?

@IceBreakr:

I don't know a report by BIS but walls are static and therefore only two messages should get send over net: The creation, and the destruction.

This should only be for static objects, not for men and cars.

Have fun playing with it!

Hey Ionos,

First of all very good job on the the RTE. It's really a lot more fun to place things directly in game rather that play trials and errors on the editor's map.

Did you see Kegety's Armalib addon ? apparently he implemented ways to import and export data to and from Arma to SQL database or the clipboard. This may be helpful to export missions more easily.

bye

Hi,

I've seen the ArmALib after your reply. It is really impressive because he was able to hook the scripting system to add his own command.

But it comes too late.

ArmA Extended and ArmA Storage System (I hope this is the name of that project) can do mostly the same as ArmALib. The new things are the HTTP support, mouse and ingame information like the FOV and the 'ScriptLink' feature.

The FOV would be real nice, but would force other user to use that lib if they dislike to see an error message showing up each time they run RTE. The 'ScriptLink' has already implemented to RTE Capture (not using the windows named pipe but WM_COPYDATA instead). So I have a easy way to get data out of ArmA with just one mouse click.

Nevertheless:

If you're interested in using ArmALib instead of my way, take a look at 'functions\fSendArray.sqf'. It shouldn't be hard to modify it to work with ArmALib. I there should be a problem, feel free to write me a pm.

When done, please send me that code, so that I can add it to the next release.

A short summary:

I have no problem seeing ArmALib in RTE, I even would like to see it. But I already have a work solution and I better spend time adding new features than implementing a working feature another time.

how to i use the RTE_Export.sqf thats what gets me most how do i run the RTE_Export.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (isServer) then {

if (isNil "ION_fGetPos") then {

private ["_skript"];

_skript = [] execVM "RTE_Export.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone _skript};

};

//normal export:

[] execVM "Script1.sqf";

[] execVM "Script2.sqf";

//templates:

"Marker1" execVM "Template1.sqf";

"Marker2" execVM "Template2.sqf";

}

The 'isNil' checks if RTE is not installed, the waitUntil makes sure that all functions are defined.

Script1.sqf to ScriptN.sqf are scripts created by RTE Capture with normal export and Template1.sqf to TemplateN.sqf are scripts created by RTE Capture with templates.

Marker1 to MarkerN are marker on the map. Best use the arrow because the arrow will give the direction of the template.

Each template requires its own marker because the marker will get deleted when creating the template.

(The templates will get created at markers pos, but I hope thats clear wink_o.gif )

Edit: if isServer forgotten.

I copy everything to Arma main folder and it doesnt work. Can someone tell me step by step how make it work?

Armaholic-FAQ:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Use the modfolder method. The modfolder should already be created, so you don't have to create it. The rest goes along with that FAQ, you only have to replace @FDF_Sounds with @RTEditor.

How to start the editor ingame should be explained enough in the manual.

I copy everything to Arma main folder and it doesnt work. Can someone tell me step by step how make it work?

Must be in SP.

Hey man, great job on making a new one, I loved Version 3, and now 4! Can't wait

But as I went to start it, I encountered a problem...

As I start ArmA it says this

"Include file Dta\ION_RTE\ION_RTE.h not found"

Please help me! help.gif

Hmm the editor is really impressive and i started to place a load of objects like roads and stuff from the editor-upgrade.... I had made a real cool new Landscape with roads and stuff and it was really easy with this RTE.....

But what brings me this if it wont be added to the mission.sqm and therefor not viewable/reworkable in the standard editor? I was so disappointed afterwards as i realized that its only add-able by script.

Can't you make a function so that it exports it in the actual opened misssions "mission.sqm"?

Best Regards, Christian