Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

Very nice addition Mandoble. Is there anyway to increase the range for SADARM activation when fired from artillery battery? I can engage fine upto about 1.4k anything beyond that the SADARM doesn't activate. As most of the time the SADARM is deployed from a 155 howitzer we're talking at least 10k, an effctive range of say 5k would suffice for in game purposes.

If i'm mistaken in the range activation IRL then i do apologise.

Again great work, most appreciated.

Edit: Sorry to keep asking stuff smile_o.gif would it be possible to only have the Air Support Console, made available to a certain unit. You see where im going with this, i.e an FAC / JTAC(for our american friends)?

Shadow, is not that artillery fired SADARM will not activate further than 1400m, is that artillery range calculator will provide you data only up to 1500m from the firing gun. SADARM will activate as soon as the shell goes higher than 150m above ground, doesnt matter the range. The point is that height-to-range "prediction" for the shells up to 1500m is more or less accurate, further than that is less and less accurate and the response time between range/height calculations will be slower. Anyway, if you want to increase it, open mando_arty_sadarm.sqf, look for for [{_i=0},{_i<1500},{_i=_i+10}] and increase 1500 at will.

About your second question, of course you can. As you are the one who attaches this action to any unit or object. You may add the action to activate the air support console, for example, to a computer over a table, or to the player only if he is the gunner of a Stryker, etc.

i tried to use the f18 released the other day and it tumbled down to earth like if the engines didnt turn on

any ideas in fixing this ?

i tried to use the f18 released the other day and it tumbled down to earth like if the engines didnt turn on

any ideas in fixing this ?

I have same problems not sure why although if you put in loadout dosnt recognise it does correct path but dosnt drop bomb.

Dont know what F18 are you talking about, anyway, it might happen that the spawned bombs hit the plane. Check for [2, 0, -2] into mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and change it for other model coordinates that doesnt collide with your addon.

Dont know what F18 are you talking about, anyway, it might happen that the spawned bombs hit the plane. Check for [2, 0, -2] into mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and change it for other model coordinates that doesnt collide with your addon.

men o men o men you are seriously scripting way to much

not knowing about the F18 its the best plane around for us. bomb drops in arma (together with the F16 offcourse)

tounge2.gif

Did you do what I told you to do?

"Check for [2, 0, -2] into mando_airsupportdlg.sqf and change it for other model coordinates that doesnt collide with your addon."

Looking at the plane size, [-4, 0, -3] might be safer model coords for bombs spawn.

nope not yet i am not at home so that will have to wait but when i get back ill check at once

i just refered to the fact you didn't know wich f18 we were talking about so that means you have been playing a little bit to less and script to much tounge2.gif

althoug the much scripting resulted in this inmense perfectly airstrikes biggrin_o.gif

i wonder if it would be possible to extend the airsupport console with gunship attacks

about the same way but only spawning a cobra and let that attack the chosen area (no bomb run but only CAS capable)

and maybe after that include a spawning blackhawk for extraction at the designated area on the console (probably will have to set a fixed LZ location as a base area to return to)

with these two things implented we can have a full air support pack with only one console easy to use and full extended missions

just some idea's nothing more nothing less offcourse mando can have full say in these things (the cobra idea is something i whould love to see the most, as we got several extraction scripts (airlift 1.7.3) )

i wonder if it would be possible to extend the airsupport console with gunship attacks

Of course, it would be possible tounge2.gif

If you mean if I'm going to implement it, not in the very near future.

ill let you borrow my wife for about a week if you build in those gunships and in a nearby future tounge2.gif

yeah this is such a good console it would be really good to have have full air support medvac etc from it :-)

So you guys have the deadliest air support console but still want to see little and fragile choppers being called to be obliterated by the new MMA 2.3? tounge2.gif

Ok, once MMA 2.3 is out (this week), I'll add gunships there, (and probably SAMs too).

What I was planning to add to that console is cruise missile support from an existing firing unit. Having a big ship available might add more realism to the scene (Gnat you there? tounge2.gif ). That might be an interesting scenario, the support console operator hammering the enemy and the enemy looking for the firing cruiser, and the cruiser waiting for the enemy with its SAMs and point defense guns, but hey, the enemy has also anti-ship SSM missiles and countermeasures. That is what I call war wink_o.gif

Wow that would be awesome with the ship and cruise missiles would love to see that implemented. biggrin_o.gif

Also another thing which would be cool is if you could choose what payload plane going to use for attack. Take Franze F18 if i could choose what bombs it dropped from console would be great because love to use MK84 they rock. notworthy.gif Also will save fixing it in the config all the time not sure if this could be implemented would be superb though.

Ye want the mighty choppers for close air support again would be good if you could select wether the chopper uses missiles only or its cannon.

Anyway keep up great work done fantastic job. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry if I overlooked it, but can the SADRAMs be disabled using the console? I was hoping to use the console for on call bombrun/CAS, but only using GP bombs.

If not, will just rely on the honor system with the players. smile_o.gif

Bingham67, you already can select the type of bombs used. Set mando_airsupport_bomb_type global var to any value you wish, for example:

Quote[/b] ]mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "fz_f18_mk84"

Baron von Beer, of course you can:

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> (_display displayCtrl 23911) lbSetCurSel 0;

And add the following line below:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> (_display displayCtrl 23914) ctrlEnable false;

Bingham67, you already can select the type of bombs used. Set mando_airsupport_bomb_type global var to any value you wish, for example:
Quote[/b] ]mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "fz_f18_mk84"

Baron von Beer, of course you can:

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf, look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> (_display displayCtrl 23911) lbSetCurSel 0;

And add the following line below:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> (_display displayCtrl 23914) ctrlEnable false;

Cheers but thats not from console is it ? i was saying be good if you can choose on air support console which bomb loadout you want for plane etc.

As i say saves going into config all the time and changing it you got options on screen.

mando_airsupport_bomb_type affects directly the bombs used for "Free fall" mode in the console. And no, that's not from console, it is a global setup for the Free Fall bomb mode of the seletect plane type. The console space is currently too "full" of things to add also a weapon selector there.

Too easy. smile_o.gif Thanks!

FYI, the Mk84's from the F-18 pack seem to overshoot by ~80-100 meters. Assume that is due to weight difference (set in the model?) from the default GBU. Mk 82's fall somewhere between the 2. Just make sure to compensate in the aim point. wink_o.gif

the Mk84's from the F-18 pack seem to overshoot by ~80-100 meters.

Weird, did a quick test and always got direct hits, while the F18E tends to execute doMove commands in a quite "loose" way, some times the plane fails completely to aproach the assigned waypoint to reach automatic guidance range by the script. In these cases the bombs will fail always. But I cannot do anything about that (it is not related to drag/weight).

This is the init.sqf I used, changing the bombs spawn points withing the dlg script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

mando_support_left_WEST = 8;

mando_airsupport_type = "fz_f18f_aws_kb";

mando_airsupport_range = 3500;

mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 150;

mando_airsupport_bomb_type = "fz_f18_mk84";

player addAction ["Air Support console", "mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"];

I only tested that fz_f18_mk84 type.

Anyway I'll do some further tests. Which are the class names of the other bomb types in that plane?

i´ve just tried your basic mapclick script,

good work! wink_o.gif

it works fine on sarani, but i cant get the script to work on sakakah...

i only can drop bombs on (some) streets... the harrier flys deadslow over the target....weird

can you tell me how to get that working on sakakah? i really wanne use this script in a mission biggrin_o.gif

thanks, XquZ.

Well, the script doesnt care about the map used, so it should be the very same for any island. Are you using the latest version of the bombs btw? Have you tried the console instead of the map click version there?