Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console

<span style='color:red'>Updated to v1.61</span>

mando_bombs.jpg

A plane will perform real and accurate free fall or SADARM bombs run against indicated object or coordinates.

Use any plane you want with any bomb class available in ArmA, external addons or the scripted SADARM and execute deadly bomb runs against any unit, vehicle, building, object or coordinates.

Read the <span style='color:blue'>Mando Bombs ArmA online help</span> for more info about demo missions and scripts usage.

Included also the Mando Air Support Console, from where you may order bomb runs over map positions or call for close air support where the planes will select targets within 500m from the indicated support center. You may also call for attack choppers support, airborne assaults and if Mando Missile ArmA is initialized in your mission, call for cruise missile attacks. Sakakah bombing problems gone.

Changes in v1.61:

- No more unlimited missiles for armed reconnaissance missions.

- Armed reconnaissance missiles maneouverability increased.

- More friendly camera control, now you dont need to fight the plane movements while aiming with the camera.

- Camera speed increased and also adjusted based on zoom level. Overal speed increased and fine control even with maximum zoom.

- Camera for non reco missions is now steerable, but you cannot zoon in it.

- Mando Missile visual launcher using SADARM bombs included (mando_bombs_airsadarm.Intro demo mission).

Changes in v1.60:

- Now you can use static objects and static weapons for vehicle supply missions in both, console and non console air support.

- New code global vars that are executed when reinforcements and airborne assault groups are created.

- New global to set LAND or JUMP modes, last seleted mode is kept next time you open the console.

- Civilian1 was causing problems, not substituted by Civilian11 for any civilian mission.

- Online help updated.

- Last support position is keep as current support position next time you open the console.

Changes in v1.59:

- Now you can switch between cameras of all missions in-flight (cruise missiles have priority).

- Now you can select LAND or JUMP mode for reinforcements and airborne assaults.

- Now you can set different vehicle types for LAND and JUMP reinforcements or airborne assault missions.

- Setup/Info dialog is now working, you have 5 configurable listboxes and a configurable info text.

- Demo mission mando_bombs_armedrec.Sara updated (

).

- Carpet bombing option added.

- Now you may control comms state with a new global var, if value = 1, no comms so console will not work.

- Added a new read-only global array with all the vehicles of the leaders in current missions.

- Now you can control the side of the console with a new global var.

- Now you can switch the control mode of missiles fired by reco planes to manual (TV) mode with a new global.

- Lateral widescreen bars gone when in camera mode and console hidden.

- If you change the course of a reco plane, it will consider also the current altitude set in the slider.

- More details, examples and explanations added to the help file.

mando_console.jpg

And now you can use also SADARM dropped from planes, ground deployed or fired by artillery or tank units.

<span style='color:blue'>Get Mando Bombs and Air Support console v1.61</span> <span style='color:red'>(Please, do not mirror this version yet)</span>

No addons required unless you want to use Mando Missile ArmA options available (you may use the addon or the script suite)

This is superb. Perfect for some personal mission making, when patrolling Sahrani Sud gets heavy in the towns (with random patrol script squad number) ... call the big boys in .

Works nice with the new satellite Mod too.

Hi mate,

First of all THANKS for this,its excellent,i merged ur example mission into my own mission,removed a few things,just the title text etc.....An also the markers,now i was wondering if the markers need to stay in at all as i hav had unpredictable results as sometimes the planes will bomb and other times they wont,i think i chose the right direction etc...for them to fly in from,I also cant have close air support either,i take it,this is why?

THANKS and all the best

Dan

Dan ick, markers are not needed. They are there to help you to mark objetives in your map for bomb runs. Close air support is available as long as there are enemy vehicles closer than 500m from the point you mark in the map, and, of course, as long as you have planes left for the mission.

I hope a MOD could integrate THIS TOPIC into this here.

Regards, Christian

Negative, because then your posts would appear before Mandobles as you made them some days ago. It would mess up the thread.

You dream it, Mando makes it... Yet another beautiful baby from the Mando workshop! notworthy.gif

I've just combined this with your SAM missiles to provide the targets with decent defence against such fearful attacks, and it works beautifully...

Every time you release something, ArmA is sky-rocketed to another level... Many many thanks for your work,

Igor.

Just watched that clip, that is awesome notworthy.gif

Hi matey,

THANKS for the reply and again THANKS for such an amazin script,i wish i had half ur scripting skills notworthy.gif

All the best

Dan

This is glorious, Mando. Very nice work.

Do you plan on doing any other types of bombs besides the SADARM?

Well, I have a chemical one which makes the crews of vehicles to get out and flee. Same as SADARM, but without explosive, just gas.

A new ground deployed SADARM type device is under works too. Engineers might deploy these near enemy armour potential paths. The devices keep still scanning an area of 100m around them. If vehicles are found, a small rocket ignites and lifts the SADARM above 100m before final activation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_73BfDIEnHY" target="_blank"><span style='color:blue'>

SADARM aerial deployment</span></a>

there seems to be a bug on the one click map method where if you do 0-0-1 first then go to the map u cant click but when you do you fire a round. it works however if you go to the map then call in the support.

Oh im using 1.08 if that helps at all.

Thanks.

remove the forceMap true and forceMap false from mando_airsupport_map.sqf and mando_airsupport.sqf, that command seems to cause that "transparent map" problem.

Anyway, that particular mission is just a basic example of onMapSingleClick implementation, using the air support console might be a far better way.

Nice scripts, especially SADARM. Any chance for super precise laser guaided bombs from spamed aircraft like in "on map click" script biggrin_o.gif ?

Super accurate laser guided bombs are already implemented within Mando Missile ArmA (which is about being updated to v2.3).

Mando Bombs ArmA updated to <span style='color:red'>v1.2</span> incling SADARM devices and more toys. Check first post for more info.