Sign in to follow this  
Dingmatt

Animation RTM

Does anyone know how to load a rtm animation created in oxygen 2 into a models config; then how to use in in game?

I'm completely in the dark over this but need to figure it out to continue work.

Cheers

you have to configure it like it was for OFP.

Sorry but I can't go further cause I'm stuck in the config part sad_o.gif

here is a way, of studying how BIS is applying the animations, (i'm not sure if this works i haven't try it, but maybe it works).

1)unpbo characters.pbo, and the unbinarise the config (into seperate class). open the CFGVehicles.hpp file.

search for CAManBase class part of it.

class CAManBase : Man {

moves = "CfgMovesMaleSdr";

note the line moves="CfgMovesMaleSdr" that line means that the men base class uses this specific class animations. (that way you can put your animations into your soldiers without change BIS standard anmations).

2)unpbo the Anims.pbo, there should be a folder named Characters, open it and unbinarise the config.bin (again into seperate root class).

Open CfgMovesBasic.hpp, this config maps the animation rtm file into the appropraite action or the game, you probably notice that there are a lot of classes depending each one of the type of the action like class RifleLowStandActions you can understand what eaach one does from the name.

3)open the CfgMovesMaleSdr.hpp file, now here are the animations. each class name is equilivent to a name for each action in the CfgMovesBasic.hpp, study one class and you'll probably understand what it does.

Example. this class "class AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon" in CfgMovesMalesdr.hpp is used by the "class RifleLowStandActions" in CfgMovesBasic.hpp in some lines.

Ok, these are the very basic, in order to understand how this works. i may be wrong since i haven't try it, but give it a shot.

How do I unpbo characters.pbo, and unbinarise the config (into seperate class)?