Sign in to follow this  
Flats76

Can i play Arma on Dual monitors?

i was wondering if i could play it on dual monitors, just to see what its like really

On what videocard do you run ArmA?

Most probably you can do this via driver settings. huh.gif

Moving, this question has nothing to do with troubleshooting.

Look inside the Nview-section of you`re driver, there you will find what you need. wink_o.gif

thanks, ill look Mr_Tea

and goodbye w0lle, you've been helpful

Ah... sweet sarcasm.

Well, after which generation of Nvidia graphic cards you can use two monitors?

Ah... sweet sarcasm.

Well, after which generation of Nvidia graphic cards you can use two monitors?

Hmm, i think the 6000 series, if not before that. biggrin_o.gif

I have a 19'' flat monitor and a LCD 19'', it's a shame that it would look weird and i don't have the space, but i will give it a try just to check.

A: dual monitor isn't usefull for FPS (maybe has value for flying..except shooting). It is triple or bite my niple tounge2.gif .

B: 19" LCD and 19" monitor aren't the same dimensions afaik, so this will be an even bigger ugly outcome.

I prefer to use my 32" LCD in 16:9, no need for two screens.

If you want an multi-monitor setup, find enough space to place 3 identical flatscreen-monitors. Triplehead is supported by ArmA, but what hardware is required?

With 3 monitors, you would have the center of you´re fov on one monitor. Imho the only way to use more than one monitor.

Anyone actually tried, or have videos of triple-screen ArmA?

Already got 2x 22" LG monitors, wouldn't mind buying another if it could be done... And yes, what hardware would you need? Only got a single 8800GT GFX currently.

If you want an multi-monitor setup, find enough space to place 3 identical flatscreen-monitors. Triplehead is supported by ArmA, but what hardware is required?

Beyond the monitors, none actually. smile_o.gifThis fantastic innovation by Kegetys.

Been using it with ArmA the past 3 weeks (and all my car games). 24inch primary + 19inch x 2. Plays bugfree and smoothly on a single 8800GTX.

A: dual monitor isn't usefull for FPS (maybe has value for flying..except shooting). It is triple or bite my niple tounge2.gif .

B: 19" LCD and 19" monitor aren't the same dimensions afaik, so this will be an even bigger ugly outcome.

I want to test to see how if it works, of course that would be a hideous combination

i have tried the dual monitor combination on a FPS (halflife 2) and it worked surprisingly well (i have 2x22inch (2880x900res)tft and the crosshair is on the left hand monitor about 1.5inchs from the right of the screen). I feel ArmA would maybe work better, im not sure, could someon please show me where in the nview setting it is where i set it up? thankyou for any help.

I expect that with TrackIR it becomes much easier to use dual or triple monitors without the screen gap becoming a nuisance.

I had issues with my dell 24" monitor last year and had a replacement one sent out ( so for a week I had 2 x24" )

I tried arma on them running at 3840 x 1200 ( it was on a 8800GTX)

It ran great ( using arma version 1.05 I think - before they totally screwed up the game performance wise )

I was using my trackir which made things a lot easier , but I gotta say it was totally amazing , if you have 2 x same screens

I suggest you try it - tho it will probably look terrible on the newer versions of the game due to the massive performance drop that the later patches added.

i apologise for my stupidity, but i really cant work out how to do it in my nview setting (play ArmA dual monitor)

btw both monitors are identical

if things work out well this week i will be purchasing my 2nd and 3rd monitors (SAMSUNG 940 BW widescreen 19" )with the MATROX "triplehead2go" box. (if office depot has all 3 items in stock at time of my arrival :P)

i cant see it comfortably working with only 2 screens, but i have seen it with 3. looks really good. amd not too much of a performance drop. but that was on "simple " games like FEAR, and other quicj action shooters with tiny maps.

i'll let ya know as soon as i get em, post review/pics.

Hi All

ArmA like OFP before it works on multiple screens. The question is are your CPU, memory, motherboard and most importantly Graphic card(s) up to it.

ArmA OFP FOV functions mean ArmA can actualy be used in a 360 degree dome or even sphere.

VBS, which is identical in this respect, has been set up with Triple wide projector screens; as well as three LCD screens for the drivers.

Kind Regards walker

i actually gave it a try with dual displays on my trusty ATI X1950pro and it works really well running at a resolution of 2560x1024 while spanning 2 monitors...

i think many people are not aware of this, but there's actually the possiblity to span multiple monitors in the Catalyst Control Center (it's a little bit hidden): Just right-click on the monitor symbol in the displays manager section and select "Stretch main horizontally..." and you're set: 1 huge virtual display that works also in 3d fullscreen.

the usual problem with the annoying bezels in the center remains though. i wonder if there's the possiblity to configure an alternate view/aim centre, e.g. slightly to the left or right? that would be awesome...

erm... this thread is about dual display setup isn't it? there are enough other treads out there talking about triple head setups...

I use triple head from the beginning and cannot live without it.

Problem with two monitor would be that your cursor is in the middel of the screen and so you have it everytime in the middle of two screens ;-)

PS: Often i have breathtaking Panoramas and i sometime think to post them in the picture thread.

But it would be not so fair against the other People there ...

And thre is no good chance to get them into this GREAT 100kb Rule crazy_o.gif