Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Mega-overclock!

I cant remember who the company was, but when thier company started dying, as a last ditch attempt to save thier asses, they tried to release a service pack that would let people upgrade thier x86 computers up to a 400-600mhz (celeron) standard, only by overclocking and inserting additional fans. Needless to say, they had many a melted black cpu and mboard before they gave up.

Looks more like a nuclear power plant to me biggrin.gif

I want it, but running to the store every week to get a can of cryo confused.gif

But at least you can disconnect your fridge, if you buy a maxi xxl super tower, you have a fridge tounge.gif

Heheh, cool. Where i work i can lots of liquid nitrogen at a temperature of -196 degrees Celcius. I also read somewhere that a watercooler was used. They had all sort of tubes running through their computer where icecold water was running through. They didn't get the result in this article. COOL (and i do mean cool,......brrrrr)

Well nice overclock but the P4 will be dead soon since overclocking reduces the live of the CPU. In addition u can't have the CPU running for a long time at that speeds, too. Anyway nice OC. For anyone who is interested try http://www.madonion.com

They overclock all the time.

Been running a watercooled P3 500 at 800 for over a year now with no problems. I don't know, maybe it'll shorten the CPU lifetime from 50 yrs down to 30. Oh well...

I bet soon there are going to be computer-tuning shops as there are car-tuning stores. (I want to improve the sound of my computer-cooler, I want more base in it)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DodgeME @ Feb. 27 2002,19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well nice overclock but the P4 will be dead soon since overclocking reduces the live of the CPU. In addition u can't have the CPU running for a long time at that speeds, too. Anyway nice OC. For anyone who is interested try http://www.madonion.com

They overclock all the time.<span id='postcolor'>

They are just breaking the records. They don't care if the cpu dies or not.

actually temperature is more or less the deciding factor of a CPU.. if you can run your 1ghz CPU overclocked to 1.1ghz and keep it just as cool as it was at 1ghz.. it will last just as long.. of course this doesent pertain to EXTREME liquid nitrogen cooling or anything. but for yer average 100-200mhz OC, temp is the only real limiting factor..

Well my Athlon 1Ghz runs at 1.1Ghz all stable but the temp gets high. My mobo isn't a good overclocker. Anyway l should overclock a PC in the outer space. That would make a good overclock biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 06 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am I a chicken for being afraid of overclocking my pc?<span id='postcolor'>

nah... but you can easily pump up 10% w/out any problems.

Turn off the spread of clock spectrum in Bios, up the Vcore by .1 (IE : 1.7 goes to 1.8) then up the CPU host clock by 10~12 %. Evrything should run fine. No additional colling required. I run a PIII 866 @ 975Mhz. No problems as of yet, and i've been running this config ever since i got my CPU, 2 days after it got on the canadian market...

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Am I a chicken for being afraid of overclocking my pc?<span id='postcolor'>

Definitely not, cyberspace is full of computer cowboys with cooked silicon because they didn't know what they were doing. I never OC my main machine, only my backup, actually the 500 is one of 6 different machines I've got, it was the slowest so I pushed it as hard as I could. If I beat on it and it fries than so what, It's only a 500 anyway.

This beats the Norwegians.. Overclocking.no took a Duron 600 up to 1Ghz.

Anyways.. Liquid nitrogen?? what if they spilled it on their hands then??

Have an 350 AMD k6 i know it's overclocked but not what the original was at.

Still i have a overheating problem caused by my graphics board.

This is really a Mach 11 for a pc.

My first pc was a p200 Cyrix model. Original: p166.

But it's last years was a living hell.