Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

BushWars Mod

I'm with what the_shadow said. Wholeheartedly. 800rpms and a meaty THUDTHUDTHUD sound goddamn good.

800rpms is a happy medium between the FN-MAG's possible 1200rpms on high and 600rpms on low. Most GPMGs and LMGs will fire that - it achieves a kind of balance (Quasi-balance?) but remains realistic.

My two cents on this being that I'm well against "balanced gameplay" when it interferes with realism. Realism being (for the most part. We did have that LEGO mod, for example) what kept OFP going for 6+ years.

Yep +1 for the suggestion for 800rpm and a good thump!

Why not be able to set it on different setting like AKM said? Maybe three settings for 600, 800 and 1200? Other guns have this possibility in the game so why not the FN-MAG? This could also replicate the behavior of a low setting on long angagements and hing on close ones etc.

Why not be able to set it on different setting like AKM said? Maybe three settings for 600, 800 and 1200? Other guns have this possibility in the game so why not the FN-MAG? This could also replicate the behavior of a low setting on long angagements and hing on close ones etc.

No other guns have that actually, due to a bug in the game. For example the only difference between 2000RPM and 4000RPM on the miniguns in ArmA is the sound effect.

All firemodes of a weapon have the same ROF, they use the setting of the mode with the slowest ROF sad_o.gif

well thats one sexy heli, loving ur addons..

especially ur Alouette IIIs , but is there a way u can make another V. with more than 2 missiles, like any other kinds of missiles.. its lovely though and that puma is great

keep up the goodwork pistols.gif

No other guns have that actually, due to a bug in the game. For example the only difference between 2000RPM and 4000RPM on the miniguns in ArmA is the sound effect.

All firemodes of a weapon have the same ROF, they use the setting of the mode with the slowest ROF

Oh for the love of Christ. I'm surprised we can do something like this in OFP but not ArmA.

We announce the second bad chapter in our mod history.

We have decide as a team to break ties with our "ex-Member" Zippo and have nothing to do with this individual.

The Reason is that Zippo isn't that unknown in the ArmA community.

In the last week it seems that someone hacked our forums and prentend to be a part of the BHD Mod.

After several conversations with team leaders and other people in the community some interesting facts and info came to light about this member. I detected the fact that this person who pretend to be someone else and who has been spamming and flamming the community is the same person nicknamed Zippo.

In the past he terrorized several Forums and community pages, the last action was @ hx3 forums and armedassault.info forums mostly under the nickname, Stryker.

He used multiple Accounts to confuse the admins and people.

He acted very offensively by flaming and trolling the people, site staff and admins there.

We unfortunately have also been taken by surprise by this person.

We therefore anounce that this person is no longer a member of Bush Wars Mod and asked you be aware of this individual on your forums and sites to be on the safe side for your own community.

This person terrorized several ArmA communities, spam, flame and troll their.

used nicknames: Zippo, Stryker

IP: 87.185.***.***

Mod: BOA Mod.

"If you find a person using these first two parts, then please keep an eye on him, as we believe this range to be in private of BOA mod."

We also want to apologise us to the BHD Mod team for the trouble.

Kind Regards

Bush Wars Mod

My God... it looks even better than the Mi-24!

Thank you very much for the update!

(do they not use Pumas armed with FFARs in the SAR Air Forces? I though it was a common option...)

BTW, if u will start working on that FN MAG for regular infantry some time, would that be possible to make the rate of fire a bit lower?.. When it's mounted on a helicopter, it's one thing, but soldiers shouldn't have THAT much firepower, I think. Well, it's just a thought.

I will lower the rate of fire distance entry and am making a much higher detailed lod for the Pilot View

Guys you are gettin very technical and I just want to keep it close to realism. Trust me if an Alouette III gunner saw you in the bush he would open fire on you with the FNMAG and everything else he had. He also had the advantage of elevation over the target. Not easy hiting a target from a moving helicopter so they fired on full auto and it rained lead on the target. In real life you would be dead.

that puma looked a wee bit like sikorsky s-61... then again im no expert... but my first impression was s-61...

good job on the model

Ok guys I am finally reaching the completion stages of our PUMAs. Here are a couple of screens prior to finalising and binarizing the add-on and sending them to the team for beta testing.

puma_6.jpg

PUMA AS330L with side mounted FNMAG in the Fire Force/COIN configuration. With the tube filters. 2 crew, 1 gunner and 12 passangers

puma_7.jpg

Detail screen of FNMAG and gunner position

puma_8.jpg

PUMA AS330C general utility CASAVAC/REARM configuration. This one I made with the special dust filters developed by South Africa and fitted on most PUMAs operating in SWA (Namibia) after 1982

puma_9.jpg

ORYX this one is in the Search and Rescue/General Utility Configuration. The ORYX is a South African Uprate of the PUMA AS330L with some minor alterations more powerfull turbines and a doppler radar dome in the nose section.

cont/...

puma_10.jpg

I have included a winch and am hoping that someone can develope a script for us. Maybe we will become the first mod with something new and inovative like a proper working winch.

puma_11.jpg

So far I can get the winch to extend down to about 30 meters ingame. It is a model animation and am hoping that a proper script will make the simulation apear more realistic

puma_12.jpg

Panoramic view of the cockpit, need to complete a few things but all instruments are working

puma_13.jpg

Cargo view screen just to give a general feeling of what it will feel like ingame.

NOTE: the ingame resolution is much higher and more detailed than in the O2 tool. The Pumas look almost real in the game.

Hopefully by the weekend I will have it ready for the team to test so I can fix all the bugs. Note the lovely shadows, I finally found out what the trick was. Once testing starts I will complete the pilots properly as FALCON 1 sent me all the info I needed. So we will have proper pilot models with the Star Pistol and the R4 rifle. Will be releasing it to the public first week of December

i can't wait for this.

does your announcement mean there will be a new pilot model instead of the current retextured one?

Simply awesome.

Maybe you should add some dust, dirt and little paint scratches, but that's just my 2 cents.

does your announcement mean there will be a new pilot model instead of the current retextured one?

Yes completely remodeled pilot representative of the SAAF Helicopter Operational pilots with pat82 type survival jackets and French Gueneau / Elno 316 type helmet .

Maybe you should add some dust, dirt and little paint scratches, but that's just my 2 cents.

I am busy adding the rivets and a few scratches and ageing effects. However you will see from hundreds of photos of South African Airforce planes and helis that the equipment was kept in top condition even in operational enviroments. At the time there was an arms embargo imposed against South Africa and the military could hardly aford to loose any equipment so the answer was top maintenace and upgrading of existing equipment nationaly by the local arms industry (DENEL and ATLAS Aircraft Corporation being the largest).

This looks really good!!

I think this chopper would suit RACS quite good, can you make one version with RACS symbols/roundels?

Yeah, top notch work on that Puma.

Obmar:

The earlier technical discussion on the FN-MAG/58 was with regards to an Infantry variation with variable RPMs. It's not exactly easy to reach out of a manouevring helicopter to adjust the gas regulator, so in the interest of realism, it is very much as you said: lead rained down from the skies and obliterated the target and anything near it.

Turns out that variable RPMs are a moot point since ArmA doesn't allow for it apparently, so a lower RoF is something to consider for an Infantry-use "Gimpy" rather than the helicopter or vehicle mounted FN-MAG/58s.

This looks really good!!

I think this chopper would suit RACS quite good, can you make one version with RACS symbols/roundels?

Yea I could make a stand alone RACS PUMA for you if you want, just send me the colour scheme and roundels you want and I will put one together for you. Which will be completely apart from our mod ones.