BushWars Mod

wel great job guys, but really looking FW for ur Migs

keep up the goodwork

First off

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I am notworthy...

The allouettes are REALLY great work!

Really good addition to the game, they fly great,

they look the part, and the engine sound is spot on!

Ive heard them flying arround very often, its very good that you guys added the proper sound for the engine. It makes flying it so much cooler.

Best addon yet! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

Love the addons...looking forward to more from this mod. thumbs-up.gif

I saw the same bugs and nothing else seemed to be wrong. smile_o.gif

so the south african FNMAG has a higher ROF then the one we use here in sweden... didnt know that..

the ones we use only have a 650-800 rounds per minute... (though i have fired one wich had about 1200 but that was due to some malfunction, and it was pretty painfull to fire)

let me ask, is the south african FNMAG´s built by FN in belgium or license built in SA?

the one we use are original belgian ones...

The FNMAG used by the SADF is Belgian made. You are correct about the rate of fire under controlled fire. This has a purpose due to the heating problems faced when using long bursts of continued fire. When we talk about rate of fire I am talking about bursts of 5-10 rounds at a RPM of 950-1100. The FNMAG used on the Alouettes was specialy addapted for this purpose and where known as the LMG ( Ligter Masjien Geweer). The South Africans also developed a combo of 4 X FNMAGs servo mounted on the Alouette III "Rattler"  but they where experimental and never used in combat.

alo22.jpg

Oh yes! Would that not be possible for you to reliz a stand-alone addon of the Fn-Mag? You have a cool model!

And the textures!!

That FNMAG model has a low poly count as I made it specificaly for the vehicles and helis, The pack model has much higher detail.We will be releasing the FNMAG as well as the R1 (SA version of the FN-FAL), R3 (SA version FN-FAL Para) R4, R5 (SA version of the Galil) as well as others specific to the mod in November 2007. Will also include an Eastern Pack AK-47, AK-47s, AKM, AKMS, SKS, SKS-d, Tokarev TT, and Dragunov.

Ebud has been hard at work with the "ANGOLA" island and sent us some WIP screens of the Cuito Cuanavale area including the Lomba Valley region. This area is where some of the largest battles between South African forces and Cuban-FAPLA-SWAPO Brigades took place.

cuitomap.jpg

Ebud also let us know that Berghoff is making an African Savanha nature pack for us to use in the map. I will keep us updated with WIP screens and INFO regarding the map on this thread.

AWESOME! wink_o.gif

Though should put an <span style='color:red'>ATTENTION</span> Note:

EX Militarys who suffer from P.T.S.D. is advisable NOT to try this mod, we take no responsibilities what so ever on any aggravation problem.

PS- My Full and deep Respect for those who suffer from P.T.S.D. due to War experiences.

So this could be as big as the BAS Tonal pack? Great smile_o.gif

Hope you guys can include good missions too. ArmA lacks those, mainly in SP.

i've downloaded Alouette II beta today.

i have to admit that you made the most professional arma addon at the moment IMHO;)

nice textures, working cockpit, normal/light maps and proper flight model. binarized and signed. too bad there's no armed version biggrin_o.gif

But i still have some remarks.

1. random numbers script is a bit obsolete and buggy with save-load. i offer you to replace it with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_plane = _this select 0

_num1 = floor (random(9))

_num2 = floor (random(9))

_patch1 = format ["\BWC_AlouII\nums\y%1.paa",_num1]

_patch2 = format ["\BWC_AlouII\nums\y%1.paa",_num2]

#set

_plane setObjectTexture [0, _patch1]

_plane setObjectTexture [1, _patch2]

;save-load

@time>1

@time<1

goto "set"

much simplier, isn't it ? wink_o.gif

2. damage txtures need to be asigned with materials not just textures. you can check [APS]Gnat plane as an example. it will lessen addon size too.

3. afaik ofp/arma sound engine (fading, 3d etc) is only works well with *.wss format.

Can you upload not binarized model (or only Geometry LOD) of you chopper ? There's a big discussion about helicopter flight model at this forums. This can be a good example

...Will also include an Eastern Pack AK-47, AK-47s, AKM, AKMS, SKS, SKS-d, Tokarev TT, and Dragunov.

Wow! That Eastern pack is already WIP?

Any chance that you could show us a pic or two of the SKS?

I'd appreciate that very much!

BTW, don't you think we already have plenty of AKMs in the RHS weapon pack v2?..

Oops, never mind adout those pics - I had opened ur site.

(unless u have an apdated model)

@ bdfy

Thanks for the code sample, works like a dream. I am busy with the destruct textures via the Damage .rvmat file swop. Just got it to work the other day. The Updated AlouetteII and III will be available for downloading middle of the month. Fixed up most bugs reported, only one or 2 to go then the release version 1.7 will be ready.

I will be posting some pics and some tips and tricks regarding the helis GEO LODS on the mentioned thread. Most of it I learned the hard way by trial and error.

Thanks for the comment as well. We aim to deliver as a mod some of the best add-ons as well as missions to the community.

Sounds good Obmar! I tried the choppers and when the bug-free version are released its a keeper. But I think the handling are a bit to easy, they are very slow in the respons. It makes it easy to fly but a bit boring. I would prefer they were closer to BIS standards regarding that, flying a chopper should be more sensitive imho.

Excellent choppers I must say biggrin_o.gif

Really loved how they handled too.

Any chance of seeing any RACS versions in the future? They would be perfect for RACS...

That SKS and SKS-D u alredy have... is that the very-very final version, or there will be some improvements?..

The SKS and SKS-D are going to be updated and animated. The renders you see on our site I made before ArmA was released and are not up to ArmA standards.

So with the pack you will get completely updated and reworked models.

i just tried out your add-ons. i really like the choppers, especially the Alouette III. it's just so well done. smile_o.gif

one tiny issue: in the demo mission with the Alouette II, i can't enter the chopper. i can enter the nearby ambulance M113, but not the chopper. it works fine in the editor, though.

keep up the great work! this might just be the greatest ArmA mod.

some more feedback/observations after playing a bit more:

- the tracer issue with the FN MAG in the Alouette III

- the muzzle flash of the Star 9mm looks a bit weak

now what i'd love to see is the Alouette III re-skinned for the south sahranis as well as the mercenaries of Queen's Gambit. that would rock. any chance of you guys doing that or letting someone else do it?

I have updated the Alouette IIIs and will release the completed version with the release of the Aerospatial Pumas I am bussy with. If some other member of the community wants to re skin the Alouette IIIs I have no problem with that. Just please do the next release version v1.7 wich is the updated version.

I unfortunately do not have sufficient time due to the work I am doing with the team to complete our mod.

Ok guys a little update. The Pumas are taking a bit longer than I thought. I will release 2 versions.

1. The AS330 PUMA version in Fire Force/COIN configuration with an FNMAG mounted on port side and capacity for 12 soldiers and 3 crew.

2. The South African uprated version of the PUMA named the ORYX in a CASAVAC/Search and Rescue configuration. Capacity 6 soldiers, 4 wounded, 2 crew. (Injured can heal at heli as well as arm and rearm). I am looking for a winch script to use with the ORYX. If anyone knows of such a script please inform us.

Here is a screen of the PUMA before I start applying normal maps and fresnel glass. Will also add proper damage extures and wear and tear.

This one is in the colours of the SAAF no 19 Squadron (1984)

puma_3.jpg

I am including a hi res internal texture for the PILOT VIEW and will include animated cargo doors and wheels. The FNMAG version will include 2000 rounds of 7.62mm and an FNMAG I specialy made for the PUMA.

Cockpit is nearly done. I have started painting the panel as I was waiting for a South African pilot who sent me detailed photos of the Panel, here is a screen...

puma_4.jpg

The Puma will have all working instrumentation. The following screen is a cut away showing actual panel detail..

puma_5.jpg

Will anounce a release date within the next 2 weeks after we've beta tested and fixed all bugs. Will also release the final version of the Alouette IIIs

My God... it looks even better than the Mi-24!

Thank you very much for the update!

(do they not use Pumas armed with FFARs in the SAR Air Forces? I though it was a common option...)

BTW, if u will start working on that FN MAG for regular infantry some time, would that be possible to make the rate of fire a bit lower?.. When it's mounted on a helicopter, it's one thing, but soldiers shouldn't have THAT much firepower, I think. Well, it's just a thought.

Obmar: That is a gorgeous piece of work and I am looking forward to jumping out the side of that in "Nutrias" with an R4.

Zadoff: The FN-MAG/58 General Purpose Machinegun is notable because the gas regulator is adjustable. The more gas allowed into the tube, the more impacts the piston and the faster it completes the loading cycle. In other words, the RoF is adjustable. It's so easily adjustable that individual gunners tend to have their own preferences; for longer ranged engagements they often "dial down" (so I've read and been told) to a lower setting, and when advancing onto an objective they tend to "dial up."

What would be really spectacular is the ability to adjust the gas setting on the FN-MAG/58, but I don't think there's any way to do that beyond having a number of different fire modes a'la the LLW FN-MAG/58 [Probably the best known implementation of this, apologies to whomever developed it first] with "Gas Setting:1" etc.

I knew that! wink_o.gif

I suppose it could be done with different types of mags...

But for the sake of balanced gameplay, I think the RoF should be more similar to BIS M240G or RHS Pecheneg. Just my 2cents.

bah, just stick it to around 800rpm wink_o.gif

and make a really beefy sound with lots of THUMP biggrin_o.gif

damnit, i just LOVE that gun smile_o.gif

*THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP*

inlove.gif