Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

Russian Federation Units V.2.00

We will add that feature in the next update along with soem other suggested stuff i think ( a before v.3.00 update ).

After going through it all...superb work guys, really good job!

I'm hooked on using the Pecheneg and my personal fav the AKMS folded. smile_o.gif

why i dont have access to all weapons in editor ?

And i even posted the whole readme on page 1:

"The Ammo Box (with lots of extra weapons not equiped on the soldiers)

can be found on the regular Empty/Ammo section inside the Editor with the

name of RHS Weapons&Ammo Box."

Btw, atm im bit unsure if there really is a demand for a V.3.00 so my enthusiasm is kinda low.

Oh and we found a solution to the spetsnaz issue so they may be released witha fix for V.2.00

I played with the addon extensive last night and all i have to say it´s amazing smile_o.gif

I can only imagine how much work this was and you all can be sure that the work is really appreciated by the community.

So please keep up the work, you have to think that there´s a lot more people who use the addon but don´t post here in the forum.

The number of answers to this thread don´t count as a mirror of how much people use the addon.

Youre right but atm it feels kinda like ArmA is already in the phase OFP was when ArmA came out... sad_o.gif

Youre right but atm it feels kinda like ArmA is already in the phase OFP was when ArmA came out... sad_o.gif

Did you see the download numbers on some sites?

Only Armaholic has ~ 4000 downloads for this addon.

I think this is pretty impressive. Also the addon is just out for a few days.

I was sceptic about the community too especially the last months but with BI back on course with the tools release etc. i see the community rising again smile_o.gif

Maybe you will agree with me?!

Did you see the download numbers on some sites?

Only Armaholic has ~ 4000 downloads for this addon.

I think this is pretty impressive. Also the addon is just out for a few days.

I was sceptic about the community too especially the last months but with BI back on course with the tools release etc. i see the community rising again smile_o.gif

Maybe you will agree with me?!

4000?

Indeed i havent seen this, impressive number wow_o.gif

However the forums seemed to indicate ArmA current shape to me and they were pretty dead lately, sometimes you can wait a whole day and a topic hasnt moved at all even in a normally very busy section.

Ok another question, what you guys think about the balance vs BIS weapon?

Had a discussion with some german modder who nagged our values and how we break the games balance just because we aimed for realism.

So are our units too superior weapon wise?

I dont think so but let me hear the opinions.

Had a discussion with some german modder who nagged our values and how we break the games balance just because we aimed for realism.

Since you use NonWonderDog's ballistics, I think it is pretty balanced when his realistic ballistics and scopes mod is also used. Then the BIS units have matching values. Without his mod I guess it isn't so balanced, but it's not that bad. Any decent ArmA player should be using the good mods anyway tounge2.gif

I wouldn't say the realistic ballistics make these units too superior to the BIS units (without mods). Slightly maybe, but it doesn't seem to cause any real gameplay issues that I've noticed.

The values seem ok to me, and btw the weapons look impressive, after unpboing then I saw that you guys were the first ones to introduce the .rvmat system, congratulations impressive work.

Quote[/b] ]Youre right but atm it feels kinda like ArmA is already in the phase OFP was when ArmA came out...

True, I've only recentely registered in this forum but i've been visiting it ever since OFP and indeed today the community is a lot smaller.

I think the problem is that ARMA is as we all know an OFP improoved, and ARMA 2 seems to repeat the same problem, US army vs all the rest, with some features in between.

The AI is has dumb as ever, the game was released with lots of bugs and the worst, it demands for a top notch computer, the cost of upgarding a computer allows yo to buy like 20 games so people probably moved to games they could play which is understandable.

Today making addons isn't as easy as it was before so most people have better things to do than to waste hours of their private life making addons for a game and as we know addons keep ARMA alive as it did with ofp so if they die ARMA dies or at least a big part of it vanishes.

But, thank god there are still mods like yours that make this game less boring.

ty, RHS.

Shadow, to my opinion your mod is (together with the Swiss Army Mod) simply the best mod released so far for ArmA. Your mastery of texturing and normal mapping is simply awesome, so don’t get discouraged by the “small†(well not so small btw) number of feedbacks/comments you get, I guess people are simply too busy downloading and playing your mod to have time to write on the forum. Keep up the good work guys. notworthy.gif

yeah i think some things are missing from the rhs archives like the great tank packs from t-55 to t-80 and hind's with aa sound alarms and fast roping would be kick ass smile_o.gif also the truck that came along with the rhs troops for ofp. But thats alot of work, probably gonna take years.... crazy_o.gif

- Hind = in ArmA

- GAZ-66 trucks = as good as in ArmA

- T-55 = no plans on that, but seems Törni makes some

- T-64 = beta with 2 versions sson

- TZ-80 = under construction, models already done

About Fastroping from a Hind, dunno that may be a bit over the edge, dont even know that they have anything winch like on it that you could fix a rope to.

However we play with the idea to put two gunners in the cargo area at least on the SLA variant.

Before anyone moans, ive seen this in a video about contractors that use a Hind in Sierra Leone.

Since you use NonWonderDog's ballistics, I think it is pretty balanced when his realistic ballistics and scopes mod is also used. Then the BIS units have matching values. Without his mod I guess it isn't so balanced, but it's not that bad. Any decent ArmA player should be using the good mods anyway tounge2.gif

I wouldn't say the realistic ballistics make these units too superior to the BIS units (without mods). Slightly maybe, but it doesn't seem to cause any real gameplay issues that I've noticed.

Fully agree with Matt here biggrin_o.gif  My sweet dream is that one day every server will be using (and will require from the clients) realistic ballistics mod biggrin_o.gif

Here a current ( not very sorted list ) of things to do:

- Add fixed replacement files - done

- Add MP compatible replacement - done

- Fix mixup in naming in the Vehicle .pbo ( Repair / Rearm ) - done

- AWM error "No Entry: 'bin\config.bin/CfgRecoils.Ska_RiffleRecoil'" - done

- Make weapon compatible to 6th sense tracers - done

- Check V-94 recoil and ballistics - not done

- Check AS Val and VSS sounds ( More loud mechanism than firing sound ) - not done, waiting on NSXs word

- Add readme line about disposeable launchers on other units - not done

- Ammo for Ak-103 and AKS-74(p) are mixed in the readme - done

- Add weight effect to weapons - not done

Anything else needs to be added?

FULLY ANIMATED WEAPONS!!!!!! OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!

LOVE THE AVP WITH ANIMATED BOLT!!! inlove.gifinlove.gif

Would be now cool to have russian cargo plane, and drop VDV with it biggrin_o.gif ... there is one, it was be-25 or someting, its nice but doesnt look too good from inside, not too detailed for mee tounge2.gif

Man, I have been lurking on this forum for months, and my first post has to be this.

DAMN NICE JOB!

Been playing arma for over 6 months now, and this is by far the most awesome single mod that I have come across.

Thanks for the flowers and welcome to the forums mate smile_o.gif

I read that someone had hoovering UAZs in MP games, can anyone confirm this?

I read that someone had hoovering UAZs in MP games, can anyone confirm this?

Most likely caused by low terrain detail setting (set server side in MP of course) and viewing the UAZs from a distance. It's the way ArmA simplifies terrain at a distance at low settings that can cause minor glitches. I doubt its got anything to do with this addon.

Very nice addon.

I love the VDV, in OFP and ArmA smile_o.gif One request though : would you be able to remove the soldiers' shovel and bedroll from their back ? They look pretty silly in my opinion (BIS model, I know).

Looking forward to other addons : tanks, APC, jets, transport planes etc.. Anything that would fit russian troops.

Malick

I dunno but at least the Shovel is something that no russian soldier should be missing i think.

Read Victor Suvorovs book "Spetsnaz" for a funny explanation on the issue... a soldier always digs tounge2.gif

Even if i would i couldnt as its the same issue we discussed before, there are no BIS sample models from the SLA units and the DX ripped units wont work correct ingame.