Sign in to follow this  
plasman

British Royal Marines  By Plasman

Quote[/b] ]

British Royal Marines. By Plasman

Version 2 - UKF weapon pack compatible

---------------------------------

1/ Description :

British Royal Marine in DPM uniforms (reskin of BIS original US Sniper and RACS officer models)

2/ Installation:

Unzip the Royal_Marines_V2.pbo file into the Addons folder of ArmA (or into you custom addons folder).

3/ Required addon:

This addon requires the UKF Weapon Pack

Available here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2030

or here:

http://armed-assault.de/downloads/ukf-weapon-packs-v01.html

4/ The Royal Marines can be found in the editor under: BLUEFOR - Royal_Marines

5/ Available soldiers:

- Marine: Armed with L85A2 SUSAT

- Marine: Armed with L85A2 SUSAT + HK G36 grenade launcher

- Marine Officer (with beret) : Armed with L85A2 SUSAT

- Marine Autorifleman: Armed with L110A1 LMG (Minimi)

- Marine Medic: Armed with L85A2

- Marine Squad Leader: Armed with L85A2 SUSAT

- Marine Sniper: Armed with camouflaged L96A1

- Marine Machine GUnner: Armed with L7A2 GPMG

- Marine AT: Armed with LAW80 and L85A2

- Marine Marksman: Armed with LSW SUSAT

Thanks to the folks at BIS forum who helped me with their precious feedbacks, and thanks of course to UKF + BSF Studious for their UKF weapon pack.

6/ Disclaimer:

This addon is not and official BIS addon and is distributed without any warranty, so use it (in whole or in part) entirely at your own risK.

This addon is a freeware and shall not be used (in whole or in part) for any commercial purpose.

This addon may only be redistributed in its entirety, unaltered, unmodified, complete with this "Readme" document.

7/ the British Royal Marine are available here:

http://files.filefront.com/British....fo.html

Armaholic mirror (thanks Foxhound smile_o.gif):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1912

Combat-Prison.net (thanks Stavanger smile_o.gif)

http://prison.tibet225.server4you.de/ww2pn...._id=260

Also available on Armed Assault Info:

http://www.armedassault.info/

Screeenshots:

ukf03an4.th.jpg

ukf00ej5.th.jpg

ukf01hg1.th.jpg

ukf02tg5.th.jpg

The old version using standard BIS (US) weapons is also available herebelow:

Quote[/b] ]

British Royal Marines. By Plasman

Beta Version 0.1

-----------------------------

1/ Description : British Royal Marines in DPM uniforms (reskin of BIS original US sniper and RACS officer models).

2/ Installation :

Just unzip the Royal_Marines.pbo into the Addons folder of ArmA (or your custom addons folder).

3/ The Royal Marines can be found in the editor under:

BLUEFOR - Royal_Marines

4/ Available Soldiers :

- Marine: Armed with M4 wearing full dpm fatigues

- Marine Grenadier: Armed with M4+GL wearing full dpm fatigues

- Marine Officer: Armed with M4 wearing full dpm fatigues and beret

- Marine Autorifleman: Armed with Minimi wearing Desert DPM fatigues and DPM flack vest.

- Marine Medic: Armed with M4 wearing Desert DPM fatigues and DPM flack vest and smock.

- Marine Squad leader: In DPM fatigues with flack vest including rank slide armed with M4AIM

Marine Sniper: In DPM fatigues with flack vest including rank slide armed with M24

5/ Release notes:

This is a beta release only.

There are still some annoying (to my opinion) glitches:

Troops are equipped with M4 and M24 not SA80 and L96

The officer doesn't wear his beret the British way.

I’m not entirely satisfied with the flack vest.

And with the release of O2 these guys might eventually end up with helmets, proper berets and Osprey vests (once I have mastered the tools). So watch for future updates. Thanks your patience.

Thanks to the people who helped me with their precious advices and thanks of course for your past and future feedbacks/comments.

6/ Disclaimer:

This addon is not an official BIS addon and is distributed without any warranty, so use it (in whole or in part) entirely at your own risk.

This addon is a freeware and shall not be distributed/used (in whole or in part) for any commercial purpose.

This addon may only be re-distributed in its entirety, unaltered, unmodified, complete with its ReadMe document.

Enjoy,

Plasman

Available here:

http://files.filefront.com//;8381987;;/

Armaholic mirror (thanks Foxhound smile_o.gif):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1912

BIS-4P mirror (thanks to Imutep fm BIS.4Players smile_o.gif)

BIS-4P mirror

Combat-Prison.net mirror (Thanks Stavanger smile_o.gif)

http://prison.tibet225.server4you.de/ww2pn...._id=106

Thanks Plasman, I love them! notworthy.gif Nice job!

Lennard. biggrin_o.gif

Looking good mate. Are all the rank slides Corporals, or do they vary between the units?

Looking good mate. Are all the rank slides Corporals, or do they vary between the units?

Actually only the sniper (a corporal) and sergeant have rank slides (was a bit lazy icon_rolleyes.gif )

No demo missions at the moment. But volunteers willing to create some are welcome smile_o.gif

looks good finally some UK units are released smile_o.gif

hopefully youll release them with the right weapons soon

Oh, bloody sweet! I must say that I'm with snipe on this one (Seeing that I have played with snipe in the same clan and if work wasn't so full on ATM, would be now. Hey Snipe!wink_o.gif, not the "at least part", the "nice work part". You do us proud, son!! People with the knowhow who provide to the community, well, are, IMO, good people who I wish I could buy a beer to say thank you ( And a REALLY belated THANK YOU to BAS for their OFP ranger addon! ). Keep it up man! Now that you have the tools, what else are you coming up with?

Best of luck!

Alext223

P.S. If you ain't a kiwi. Which part of the world are you from!?!

Congrats plasman i love them big up on the british troops

& yes they look briliant in game,hopefully ill release mine by the end of the week, fingers crossed hehe.

But anyways they do look sweet bud very nice work notworthy.gif

To alext223

Well I guess it will take (quite) some time before I master O2, will try with Colonel Klink's tutorial for OFP's O2 (*).

Would have a (virtual) beer with pleasure thanks biere%5B1%5D.gif

oh, btw I'm from France Drapeau38.gif

and lots of other different places smile_o.gif

(*) Link: http://www.dc3d.co.nz/Tutorials/cheyenne.htm

Bugger me.. A frenchmen modding Kiwis!? Not knocking it, but, damm.... (Frm SYD, AUS). Good luck with the O2, and having that beer for ya biggrin_o.gif

Later!

P.S.

How many of us live from where we are really from?

Not alot...

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Later!

nice units, but for some reason, my game lags when playing with them. i set 3-5 of your units on the map, and the game becomes choppy, low fps.... never seen this before.

i have a high end rig, run just about everything on high/very high with great performance.... its baffling.

Thanks for your congrats folks much appreciated smile_o.gif

To G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS : Did you open a thread for your troops in the Addons discussion section yet ?

To stingfish74 : Strange. Doesn't happen on mine (Intel Dual Core, 2.3 Ghz, with 2046 MB RAM and ATI Radeon X 1600, running under Windows XP). Does anybody else have this kind of problem? Did you try my other addons (New Zealand troops for example) to check if you have the same kind of trouble?

not yet as still waiting for permision from the ukf ,but sure it want be long now i hope, just finished reformating pc & well needed lol.

plus also waiting for zerg63 to email me for permision to use his woodland pattern for my usmc but get no reply,although the guy thats doing them with me said he asked the guy & that the guy was ok with it.

But keeping it safe would like confirmation first myself hopefully he will contact me soon.

Also about the lag it might have something conflicting with them,but dont know how as i have a tone of stuff going on with the arma luncher & they are ok & sweet, but only had three on at a time ,so will now put more on at once & ill get back & let you know of the outcome.

Also have just emailed soulcatcher to get hopefully permision from the ukf to show my troops with there weapons, waiting on reply now then if ok will make thread on them,as no point if i have to show the back side of my troops all the time just so to hide ukf weapons from being seen.

nice units, but for some reason, my game lags when playing with them. i set 3-5 of your units on the map, and the game becomes choppy, low fps.... never seen this before.

i have a high end rig, run just about everything on high/very high with great performance.... its baffling.

I got the same slowdown when running one of each unit together (i.e. all 6). I didn't load any other third-party addons when starting ArmA either

To : G_H_Play_AKA_BOSS

Looks really cool, congrats smile_o.gif

To: stingfish74 & Lt_Phoenix

For the performance slowdown, sorry guys but I don't understand what is happening. sad_o.gif

Nice work

A unit replacement pbo would be cool right about now.

Big cheers buddy for your encouragement, as it was all down to you that inspired me in the first place,& what a badass idea you rule dude.

Do you have screenshots of your work already?

To Money:

A replacement pack you mean ? it would only replace the US sniper and RACS officer. These guys is DPM fatigues would look strange surrounded by troops wearing ACU or "Chocolate chips".

No m8 not yet still got sort out the p3d plus config,hopefully soulcatcher can do that, as most of the team are away or doing a tour in afghanistan so am short of hands at the mo & cant script to save my life lol, but am good with cs3.

Anyway here is a link to my progress so far,i still have to make the desert vets, thats another two days lol.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums....q18.png

This pic is lighter in this image, just to show you the details more , its acually darker in effect.

Tell me what you think.

By the way have been playing with yours they are truly badass wicked work notworthy.gif