Sign in to follow this  
Fred DM

A-10 Mission from US release

This mission is of CWC level, I even had a that looks familair moment.

The cutscene at the start made me tink of the mission where you take of in a A-10 and get shot down over kolgujev.

Now if it wasnt for my crappy pilot skills I would play it more often.

Guest Ti0n3r

Thanks a lot mate! Hope it's good wow_o.gif

Edit: Great mission! Everyone has to try it out. And let's hope the QB missions will be as good as this one and Blood, sweat and tears.

good mission, read the notes section, "Is sam really getting to old for this job?"

reference to sam nichols frm ofp?

good mission, read the notes section, "Is sam really getting to old for this job?"

reference to sam nichols frm ofp?

Yea I thought so too. A little reference to OFP smile_o.gif

Speaking of references to OFP, anyone notice something familiar about the SLA guy's whistling in the intro of the Blood, sweat and Tears mission biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Haha yeah Maddmatt. Didn't think about until today biggrin_o.gif

Ehum... not to spoil anyones fun here, but is it legal to make this official missions available for downloading?

well, if you'd don't own the game, then its a little hard to do much with it.

just generally curious in that subject. I was more thinking of copyright etc. But I´l drop it.

Sorry to surface this thread, but I've searched extensively for a fix to this. I know ArmA has a little bug with rearming choppers and you have to leave one round in it tfor it to work, plus have the correct style ammo truck loaded with helo ammo. Anyway, in devils cross there is only one ammo truck back at the airbase and I cannot for the life of me rearm. Refuel and repair work fine, but you can't get out of the aircraft once your in it, so I can't even move the truck closer or whatever. It just doesn't do anything. In the AH-1Z I usually pull in 50% power until I am skids light and it begins to re-arm. Of course, in the A-10 I cannot do that as you roll forward and I am unsure if a brake exists for the A-10?

Any help would be appreciated.

I believe there is a break (no reverse though) on airplanes. On the default keyboard layout I think it's something like 'Z' -> same key you use to lose altitude in a helicopter.

I've rearmed without trouble in this mission, although due to the sad lack of a reverse and my equally sad lack of plane-taxiing leet skills, I managed to drive the plane into some stuff from which it could no longer extract itself. :P

Landing is dangerous.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Wolfrug

Right, that might be the key as I'm using a joystick with a slider for throttle control, brake deploys automatically as I lower the throttle. I'll post back if the 'Z' key works, thanks.

No, it doesn't work. Z is the same as 0% thrust on the joystick and so I can't rearm next to the truck with a brake on. Any other idea's are greatly welcomed!

Anybody that can put it up for DL as the link on Page 1 does not work.

I would really appreciate it smile_o.gif

wait... you can rearm in that mission!? i did it without rearming at all crazy_o.gif i got to say... it sucked too. but i got a lot better with the a10 because of that mission thumbs-up.gif

i suggest you try it my way tounge2.gif

due to a system crash i lost Devil's Cross sad_o.gif . would anyone kindly upload it again?

A little late to the party, I know, but I just finished this little gem and wow, it really brought back that old OFP feeling.

I had no idea you could land and rearm! Did it all with the one weapon loadout. Needless to say, I was just about dry on ammo and armor by the end of it. Got pretty good with the gun, tho.

Definitely one of the best ArmA missions. The 'blow-up-the-building' secondary objective was my favorite part. Target marked with smoke. Atmospheric chatter when the building goes down. Too cool.

If the ArmA campaign had more missions like this, I think it could have rivaled CWC and maybe even Resistance.

Sorry to open up this thread again but... can someone upload this again?

Are there any instructions/manual how to fly the A-10, and other planes in Arma? I really cant fly well, i struggle balancing the plane and flying steady, and cant keep them in the air long enough, or land properly :)

example, how do i use the flaps, when they should be up and when down?

Any other crucial/basic things i should know.

Are there any instructions/manual how to fly the A-10, and other planes in Arma? I really cant fly well, i struggle balancing the plane and flying steady, and cant keep them in the air long enough, or land properly :)

example, how do i use the flaps, when they should be up and when down?

Any other crucial/basic things i should know.

Flaps can be activated in the action menu. Use flaps on take off and landing to increase drag & lift.

When I'm on CAS with the A10 I use one notch of flaps so it balances out. If you are flying with a joystick make sure you have it properly calibrated etc etc. and are comfortable flying. Once you expend your AGM Mavericks form the A10 and are forced to go down to the GAU Avenger, pick your target, find an AOA go high. Once you near the target slow down and come in on it, then let a burst out, if possible "walk" the burst so you can get multiple vehicles & infantry with one.

Other than that, just practice. It helps