Sign in to follow this  
Fred DM

A-10 Mission from US release

Flaps can be activated in the action menu. Use flaps on take off and landing to increase drag & lift.

When I'm on CAS with the A10 I use one notch of flaps so it balances out. If you are flying with a joystick make sure you have it properly calibrated etc etc. and are comfortable flying. Once you expend your AGM Mavericks form the A10 and are forced to go down to the GAU Avenger, pick your target, find an AOA go high. Once you near the target slow down and come in on it, then let a burst out, if possible "walk" the burst so you can get multiple vehicles & infantry with one.

Other than that, just practice. It helps

ok, thanks!

About the flaps, when im taking off should the flaps be up or down, and what about after take off? and when landing. i dont know when they should be up and when down?

When I take off I usually have one notch of flaps. On landing, I wait until I'm on final, then I slowly drop flaps to full.

When I take off I usually have one notch of flaps. On landing, I wait until I'm on final, then I slowly drop flaps to full.

Thanks again! Will try and practice.

A little late to the party, I know, but I just finished this little gem and wow, it really brought back that old OFP feeling.

I had no idea you could land and rearm! Did it all with the one weapon loadout. Needless to say, I was just about dry on ammo and armor by the end of it. Got pretty good with the gun, tho.

Definitely one of the best ArmA missions. The 'blow-up-the-building' secondary objective was my favorite part. Target marked with smoke. Atmospheric chatter when the building goes down. Too cool.

If the ArmA campaign had more missions like this, I think it could have rivaled CWC and maybe even Resistance.

Devil Cross just love this mission did you use it with ecs it just looks ten times better

Flaps can be activated in the action menu. Use flaps on take off and landing to increase drag & lift.

When I'm on CAS with the A10 I use one notch of flaps so it balances out. If you are flying with a joystick make sure you have it properly calibrated etc etc. and are comfortable flying. Once you expend your AGM Mavericks form the A10 and are forced to go down to the GAU Avenger, pick your target, find an AOA go high. Once you near the target slow down and come in on it, then let a burst out, if possible "walk" the burst so you can get multiple vehicles & infantry with one.

Other than that, just practice. It helps

This is just my personal opinion, but i prefer to use my GAU-8 as a multipurpose "anti-everything" gun, and keep my AGMs for high priority targets and nasty shilkas. as for FFARs i don't really use them unless i'm completely dry and a soft skinned vehicle absolutely HAS to die.