miles teg

LOST BROTHERS ADDON PACK #3 FINALLY RELEASED

Finally.... Addon Pack #3 is released!  It includes a MASSIVE number of new and updated units including:

New F-16I Sufa

New Panther Naval helicopter

Updated Ch-53

Updated C130

Updated IDF soldiers (new helmets, imbedded injury voices, etc...)

Updated M4 and CAR-15 rifles

New Nagev squad assault weapon

Updated Magach 6

New Magach 7A and 7C tanks

NEW Achzarit Heavy APC (kicks ass!!!wink_o.gif

NEW Puma with CARPET fuel-air anti-mine rocket system.

New Egyptian Police units

New IDF Humvees

New IDF ATV

Updated Aircraft weapons

Totally redone Egyptian infantry (new textures, new helmets, gear, etc...)

New Egyptian Marines and Naval Commandos.

Updated Egyptian TF 777 Commandos

New man-carried AT-3 Sagger that the AI can deploy as well.

Updated Egyptian M60 and BMPs.

New Westland Commando II and Sea Knight helicopters.

A wide range of new Israeli and Egyptian ships.

A bunch of finished missions and template user missions included.

New Hezbollah infantry, vehicles, and crew served weapons.

Updated sound pack with Hebrew and Arabic voices as well as new music.

....and much much more.

So download it here at :

http://files.filefront.com//;7684560;/    (369 Megs)

Mirror:

thanks to http://ofp.gamepark.cz/

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/mods/LoBoAddonPack3.rar

---------------------

Requires BAS JAM3 weapons and ammo pack:

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/JAM3_FIXED6.rar

Also the Sinai and Lebanon maps needed for the mission can be downloaded at:

EDIT- Old link replaced with new link to latest Map versions as of 03/13/08

Download these maps at the below link:

http://ofp.4players.de/sys....ateg=34

__

LoBoAchzarit2.jpg

LoBoEgyptCommandoII_1.jpg

LoBoMerkavaMk4_6.jpg

LoBoPanther2.jpg

LoBoIDFHumvee1.jpg

LoBo_HizBalls12.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team Leader

Just got back from college and that's what I find! Looks like it was worth the wait. Downloading now. Thanks for the huge work.

Looks good and extensive. I've never tried your mod before so downloading ASAP. This overwrites your preivious addon packs 1 and 2?

Did you overwrite the old Addon Pack #2?

If so you may be getting a conflict between different versions of certain addons.  

The reason I say this is because during testing, Addon Pack #3 was kept in its own mod folder with no other versions of anything.  So in other words, what I uploaded was exactly what was in my mod folder that I tested everything in.

Nevertheless I will check those things out as its always possible some little bug snuck in at the last moment.

Edit- ok I just checked the Zeldas...those are all ok on my version unless its an LOD problem. But I looked at the same distance from where you took the pic and no problems.

Ok now on the T-55 and T-54, I see the problem. We fixed a track texture problem on the ZSU-57-2 SP AAA tank and apparently forgot to fix the same problem on the T-55's or we accidentally messed up the textures on the T-55/54's in the process. Sorry about that...we can fix that in an update. Its not a huge issue though as the T-54/55 series of tanks are barely used anymore by Egypt. They are primarily reserve tanks and are rapidly being replaced by M60 tanks going into the reserves as those are replaced by M1A1/A2 tanks in the front line Egyptian Army armored units.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If everything UnRAR'ed ok it should have been fine. Are you using it in a mod folder? If not, then it's most likely a conflict with another addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

cool! downloading now, just to test Magachs, Merkavas and CH-53s...

hell no! i'll test everyting! pistols.gif

Good job guys!

Finaly a good middle east era thumbs-up.gif

Here's my bug report- Done under ECP and dxdll. 1.7 GHZ GeForce 5500, 512 RAM.

-Miles about the apc textures, it's the M113A2 Nagman for me. The sandbags are untextured.

-Also aside from the T-55 series, the Sho't Kal is missing internal textures in the turrets front.

-In the otherwise excellent "Achzarit" the driver's view is too low to see without the zoom button.

-Also the Egyptian M60A3 can't fire it's main gun, and no ammo count is displayed on this weapon.

-Hizzballa is missing sound number 5 (The Allah Akbar shout I guess) when launching an RPG-29.

-In the Naval department, the gunners view (When not aiming) is on the floor in the Dolphin sub.

-Also INS Hanit's Harpoons go astray even if it does win the battle. The Egyptians don't seem to have this problem.

-INS Eilat is launching so much anti-air that it causes lag on my old machine. I would ask you pump-up those missiles, but reduce their fire rate or numbers. Same firepower with less lag.

I've got to say though that this is the first time I saw a real naval battle in OFP, all done by AI. Plug and Play-Very impressive! Also love the new tan Mk4 texture.

However the jewel of this pack is the Yagi. I can drive in it for days! Great pack!

Really awesome packs for the Middle east conflicts! Although have some bugs, still right released it now. Otherwise both you and the fans would lose patience and interest for long waiting and work just like the dead of some Mods, such as Invasion 44,etc.

Overall, the Mod is very promising and I like those IDF soldiers. If it's possible, whether those IDF soldiers could also use custom faces. That would look better...

Ok...yeah I saw all the bugs except for the Nagman bug and the sound bug...  here's what I think is happening.

I believe the sandbags were tied to some object textures for our maps.  Likewise our LoBo_sound.pbo I accidentally stuck in our map pack instead of with Addon Pack #3.  I just sent the latest Sinai/Lebanon map pack over to ofp.info so hopefully it will be hosted soon.   It also is a very large pack, but it has the fixed bridge in Lebanon (as good as bridges can be fixed in OFP) and of coarse the LoBo_Sound.pbo file.

The Egyptian M60A3 bug is a wierd one... fortunately the M60A1 still works.  Aside from the IR search light they are the same externally and internally.  Only in real life are they significantly different.

As for the other problems we'll see about fixing those in the next update.  

Those naval battles are pretty wicked eh? Personally I like the look of the Osa II the most as it just looks really cool looking stuffed with all those weapons. Still its hopelessly outclassed by the Sa'ar-5 ships.

OFPCAT:   As far as a facepack, if someone wants to make a Jewish face pack they are welcome to, but honestly they don't look much different then the faces that BIS made in real life, aside from a few more Middle Eastern looking faces perhaps.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Dude why don't you just download via browser? The speed is excellent for me and we've recently changed the server so there shouldn't be any speed problems

i heared that today is anniversary of the Six Days War in 1967, 40 years have passed...

am I right?

i heared that today is anniversary of the Six Days War in 1967, 40 years have passed...

am I right?

I'm Sure if its today, But definitly some time in this week.

Anyway, Great Release. Love The Work.

Have played the pack for whole day, and really like it very much. And the most powerful supporting APC of IDF army is M113 with grenade launcher. A nightmare to Arabian troops...

But found a bug of Galil assault rifle. When fire, there is no sound... Anybody got the same problem??

Hmm... its possible there could be a bug in the Galil...  we haven't tested that one out in a long time since its more for our later historic pack and is rarely used today aside from the occasional Galat'z designated marskman version of the rifle that a few police and SF units still use. Occasionally, some police units will still use the old Galil AR rifles, which is why we have one police officer unit armed with a Galil.  If you put the Galil on a solider manually, you might try different 5.56mm ammo types to see if it has problems with both normal and JAM HD ammo. (Ammo is listed on the weapons pdf or xml file included in the mod).

At any rate, yeah the Mk-19 automatic grenade launcher is a devestating weapon.  I used to be a trainer on the Mk-19 so I'm very familiar with the weapon system.   It's like having a mortar section at your finger tips.  The only downside is that in real life, the grenades have a minimum arming range which makes them ineffective at close range.  That is unless you use beehive cannister rounds which in this mod we don't have on the Mk19.  In Iraq the US Army took out Mk19's from most Humvees because they cause a lot of civilian casualties and because if an IED or RPG penetrates an armored humvee carrying a bunch of 40mm ammo, it all cooks off in a very nasty way (exploding).

Edit- I just tested the Galils on the police officers and they are working fine so I'm not sure why they're not working for you. Do you have JAM3 installed?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Finally got some time to sit down and give this a decent try. Loving the mod so far, the main reason being that I've never seen or tried the forces represented in any way shape or form, so thanks for that. Been trying the demo missions included, loving the Beirut airport strike one in particular. Anyway the other missions are extremely laggy for me. I've lowered textures in OFP preferences from 2046 to 1024. Turned off AA, AF and VSYNC in my graphics card options and it still lags. I don't think my systems that bad: NVIDIA 7600GS 512MB, 1GB RAM, 2.66Ghz Intel Pentium 4. Do they lag on your computer? Any other way they will be able to play smoothly?

Yeah frame rates aren't too hot on my computer either.  Whats wierd about OFP is that it likes some computers more then others.  I have slower computers that run my missions better then my faster computers.  At any rate, lowering the graphics settings should help a bit...but what helps the most is simply killing bad guys.  I'm going to try and redo some of the missions using more "deletevehicle" scripts and more spawn scripting to help to lower frame rates.  But as I like huge battles usually, its tough to keep decent frame rates.

However you might try the HALO mission.  That one has a much lower number of units so frame rates shouldn't be too bad.  However others like "Edge Crusher" have a ton of units as it simulates a large scale frontal assault.  I'll probably update that mission however.   There are also some other unfinished user missions that you might want to play around with in the mission editor.  Make sure to check out the intros on some of those as some are pretty good as are the missions.

Anyhoo...glad you like it so far oh and I'm glad you liked the Beruit Airport strike.  I figured I would do that one because hardly anybody ever does fighter bomber missions for OFP.  Plus our F-16I Sufa fighter bomber is just too cool to not make a mission for it.  It is currently the most advanced active version of the F-16 in the world.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Maybe just the problem for me on Galil rifle. And just thought they were still used in IDF troops. So I added to your Golan troops by manually. Personally, I like such IDF rilfe design based on AK gun.

As the second release, the Mod should be very successful and interesting. The maps also very nice. Also the new helmet model of IDF troops, much more realistic than previous version. If the texture could be improved a little, would be better...