• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic
w0lle
w0lle

Lieutenant Colonel

• Members
  • 8235 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 15:12

As the title says, if you're looking to join a squad/clan then this is the right place.

Please use this topic instead of making a new one. Posted Image

Thomas Ryan
Thomas Ryan

Sergeant

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:53

Hello,
Well, I've been looking for a good clan for some time now. Haven't been lucky so far. I'm looking for a clan that is realistic, tactics-based, mature and enjoyable. Plus it would be best if it can accommodate with my time zone (GMT+3).

Thanks. Posted Image

Edit: Also, I have a "curfew" on weekdays of 6PM GMT. (9PM my time).

djackl
djackl

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:14

VOLCBAT fulfils all those requirements, although it primarily plays coop so it depends on what you want to play.

www.volcbat.com
Posted Image

Thomas Ryan
Thomas Ryan

Sergeant

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:26

Yeah I much prefer coop, however, what times do you guys have trainings? As on weekdays I have a "curfew" of 6PM GMT. (Should probably add that to my original post)

KJAM
KJAM

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:29

Yeah I much prefer coop, however, what times do you guys have trainings? As on weekdays I have a "curfew" of 6PM GMT. (Should probably add that to my original post)

Thomas, GOL May be one you wish to look into, we play mostly co-ops and have Regular training sessions on Sundays at 3pm GMT and we regularly play in the afternoon too.

If you're interested, come and find our server sometime and play with us, to get the full experience though you'd need Teamspeak. Also if you do decide to join us on the server, let me know the username you go by so that I know it's you. If you do find that it's for you then you can then post an application on our forums.
Posted Image

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1907 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 16:24

Quote[/b] ]Thomas, GOL May be one you wish to look into, we play mostly co-ops and have Regular training sessions on Sundays at 3pm GMT and we regularly play in the afternoon too.

Check his signature... Don't think Zipper would want to go back to GOL after what he has been saying to me.

But anyway, to keep on topic. I am also looking for a clan to join, with mature members and has a good balance between tactics and game play and playing hours are well most of the time. Posted Image

I'm British but am currently taking my exams so most of my spare time goes into revision but I currently only have 1 week left of exams. So after then I should be able to devote most of my time to the clan.

ck-claw
ck-claw

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2650 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 16:34

As was once sed !

Another shameless Plug Posted Image

Posted Image

How Ppl Treat Me Is Their Path, How I Respond Is Mine...

Yet another white-knight who parachuted himself into the thread without using the search function. :party:

djackl
djackl

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:51

Surprisingly enough Jonny's internet gets screwed up at any time after around 6 so we have to do all our training before then for the moment Posted Image

We'll play pretty much anytime we can get a group of guys on mate. Usually it's 9pm for ops, but like I said if a bunch of guys are on we'll play all the time. A lot of VCB are former or current armed forces and so you can be sure you're getting a decent 'education' as it were.

We've obviously got the forum I've already posted the link to, but you can also check out our public server (just type volcbat in the filter), as we've really started getting into playing 8hr 'Evolution' marathons (At least Mav and Mani have).

Posted Image

-UNA-A1-Terror
-UNA-A1-Terror

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:06

If you want a good balance between gameplay and realism.The 23rd Ground Division mainly focuses itself on Cooperative missions,if you like this the 23rd Ground Division might be something for you, if you want some more information about us visit,
23rd Ground Division

or contact the Company CO
Captain Terror

Terror brought you some Terror

UNA-C-Blade
UNA-C-Blade

Private First Class

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 15:26

Posted Image lol mybe next time when you Recruit terror com Whit your 23 tag and not UNA Posted Image for the clan less PPl take a seat and visit the UNA website www.United-Nations-army.com Posted Image

armatech
armatech

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 15:53

lol now thats funny

Chipper
Chipper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:25

I would like to join a very immature clan none of this "mature" BS this is a game i want to have fun. I've been kicked out of these supposedly "mature" clans many times so I want an immature one now.

Anywayz I have many experiences in pwnin noobs in call of duty and counter strike and others.

Rommel
Rommel

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 20:06

Quote[/b] ]lol now thats funny

I would like to join a very immature clan none of this "mature" BS this is a game i want to have fun. I've been kicked out of these supposedly "mature" clans many times so I want an immature one now.

Anywayz I have many experiences in pwnin noobs in call of duty and counter strike and others.

Thats even better Posted Image

cyclone
cyclone

Private First Class

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 18:56

Hi all, glad I finally got the game working on my new computer.

I used to play in ETA (not sure how many people still remember ETA, it was one of the best U.S. based OFP squads back then), and now ready to roll in ArmA (and where the heck are the old ETA farts now...)

* 31-year old, asian, with full-time job and kids, etc, but I can squeeze out 1-2 hours every night for the fun
* Decent FPS skills
* Good computer setup (new computer E6600 dual-core 3.2Ghz + Geforce 8800GTS video card)
* Reliable internet connection (3Mbps down)

I am looking for a mature team only. Please email me cyclonebob@gmail.com if you are actively seeking more members. Thanks!

imustkill
imustkill

Corporal

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 19:50

Hello cyclone.

If you want to try something a bit different you can try International Conflict. Basically we have two forces that fight over territory during a 10-12 week campaign. We have rank systems, specialized divisions, etc. We do not consider ourselves to be a clan, therefore if you do join such a group, you are still welcome to play with us.

www.ic-arma.com

Good luck on your search!

rekster
rekster

Sergeant

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 19:58

Hi Cyclone,

I am with 1-8th Marines. We are a mature clan, mostly veterans, but we do not make that a requirement to join. We have our own dedicated server, and have been around for a over 5 years. Many of us are OFP veterans as well.

If you have any interest, just stop by our websight. www.1-8th.com.

We use Team Speak while playing, so if you find our Server 1-8th Hells Kitchen, please hop on our TS if you can.

TS Info:
IP: hotel.1-8th.com
PW: 18thgetin (guest login)

You can also e-mail me at rekter86@yahoo.com or PM me here if you have any other questions.
<a href=\"http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.126.130.133:2302/\" target=\"_blank\">
Posted Image
</a>

Kamarov
Kamarov

Private First Class

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 20:17

I'm not a member, yet, but the BDA is always looking for members. The only real pre-requisite is that you have Teamspeak and use it regularly.

The BDA servers are always pretty full and members of the BDA are a great help if you want to improve your skills at the game.  They aren't a competitive clan, if that's what you're looking for; their main goal is just to enjoy Armed Assault as tactically and as realistically as possible.

You should take a look:
http://www.thebeerdr...ngassassins.com

Frantic
Frantic

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 22:23

Yeah ETA was really one of the best clans back in the good old OFP days...i just remember the nice wars we had vs ETA in the CZL Champions league.

Sad to hear that there is no ETA in ArmA... Posted Image
Posted Image

Kamarov
Kamarov

Private First Class

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 14:41

Yeah ETA was really one of the best clans back in the good old OFP days...i just remember the nice wars we had vs ETA in the CZL Champions league.

Sad to hear that there is no ETA in ArmA...  Posted Image

Not to run with speculation, but:

While on the BDA server two nights ago there was at least one person on the game with the clan tag ETA...

djackl
djackl

Private First Class

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 16:21

Hello cyclone.

If you want to try something a bit different you can try International Conflict.  Basically we have two forces that fight over territory during a 10-12 week campaign.  We have rank systems, specialized divisions, etc.  We do not consider ourselves to be a clan, therefore if you do join such a group, you are still welcome to play with us.

www.ic-arma.com

Good luck on your search!

How does the whole sponsoring system work?

Posted Image