Sign in to follow this  
kridian

Freelook Stuck!  ALT-Tapping Doesn't Work

This only happens when someone tries to enter a vehicle before you but your Freelook sticks to ON. Double-tapping ALT(default) does not break it so what's the solution?

Very annoying! I usually have to exit the game and return for it to work again. Is there an in-game fix?

you mean you keep looking around without moving your weapon? If that's the case press *

It also happens when U respawn after U were killed inside a vehicle.

In this case its possible to fix the problem just by entering a vehicle and leaving it,alltho this is not that easy as its hard to reach the vehicle,due to the screwed control(the mouse controls your head instead of your weapon)

And sometimes there is no other option then to disco and JIP...

Quote[/b] ]

This only happens when someone tries to enter a vehicle before you

It has also happened to me many times when entering a vehicle on my own. I've noticed that when you hit the 'enter vehicle' option, there is usually a variable delay between pressing the button and actually getting in. Sometimes the delay is very short, but sometimes it seems to take so long that you get stuck in vehicle view mode without actually getting in. The only way I've found to be able to get back into normal view mode is to disconnect and reconnect to the game.

Yup.. its probably caused by lag... and some information relayed to the server might be missed and thus, you're stuck outside the vehicle with a dead head. Discon and Recon is the only way to solve it... OR... cross your fingers and hope you teleport into the vehicle some 20 seconds later.

Gotta admit it's hilarious when someone gets it after getting off a boat for an invasion and he's spinning his head round and round and round and you're listening to him on TS all frantic.

/OT

For me the cause is always lag playing MP. If it does happen after trying to mount a vehicle then sit it out. Don't press any action keys and wait until u actually board the vehicle. I find it a good indication that the server is lagging sad_o.gif

It also happens when you are refused entry to the 'Rescue-mission' wings on the MapFact_Air 1.05 AH64A Apache.

Perhaps this can give some pointers as to where the bug is occurring.

ah yes it also happens when two or more people are dashing to get into a vehicle. THey get through the same door, press the action key at almost the same time and only one guy gets in and the others are left with loose heads.

For the record, pushing the * (asterisk) on both the numpad and top of keyboard did not free me of the freelook conundrum.

So... I'm still upset.

Yep confirmed, it happened to me last night after 4 hours of playing. Weird thing was I thought maybe my * key disabled in the options/controls section. So I went to delete and reinput the keymap and it responded??? So it wasnt that my keys were unresponsive. And it did happen when I was entering a chopper. I got in, it took off and I was under the chopper with freelook stuck.

Had this happen to me and another on the server we play on today. Quite annoying

This only happens when someone tries to enter a vehicle before you but your Freelook sticks to ON. Double-tapping ALT(default) does not break it so what's the solution?

Very annoying! I usually have to exit the game and return for it to work again. Is there an in-game fix?

Same thing happens to me... I have to exit the game. The issue was present in prevision version and the version before that too. banghead.gif

I had this Yesterday, I was driving a hmmw and using freelook, i got out of the car without turning freelook off ( I use * ).

So I walked backwards biggrin_o.gif to the hmmw and got in as passenger and switched to driver, pressing * again meant I could steer with the mouse, when i got out all was ok again.

If you get bugged try to find a vehicle , it might just work.

I had this Yesterday, I was driving a hmmw and using freelook, i got out of the car without turning freelook off ( I use * ).

So I walked backwards biggrin_o.gif to the hmmw and got in as passenger and switched to driver, pressing * again meant I could steer with the mouse, when i got out all was ok again.

If you get bugged try to find a vehicle , it might just work.

Ye just tried this method. By entering a passenger seat and pressing * to turn the freelook once, then re-enter driver seat and the problem should be fixed, but still this is an annoying bug. Arma 3 actually have much more bugs compared to battlefield series. When I parachute down to an edge of a roof I would get completely stuck there, while my character is doing stupid things, switching between standing up/crawling behavior again and again constantly, I'd get shot by enemies.