The goal is to provide a basic dialog framework to allow other users to include standard dialogs and to create new dialogs (utilising the template) in their missions, to provide a more user friendly interface.
- A base dialog template (which you can modify to create a new one fairly easily)
- A popup menu system (for dialogs and MapClicks). You can avoid dialog code totally by using this.
- A basic Yes/No dialog
(Planning a few more base dialogs in future)
- Base control classes separated into separate files - (hopefully) no need to edit it, in general
- Uses full inheritence, minimising the code you work with significantly
- A color scheme (which you can alter - saves fussing with colors for all controls & dialogs)
- Hundreds of color constants
- Dialog specific functions script (only a few functions so far).
Remember, the focus of this is the dialogs themselves. The functionality and scripting required behind all this may still be missing.
(Eg: The popup menu may have a "Request pickup" menu item, but clicking it may not necessarily do anything functional yet.)
- Stavanger´s Militaria
- UploadPower (temp)
- Base Dialog with sample controls
- YesNo Dialog
- PopupMenu MapClick
- Debug Dialog
- Hints examples
- PopupMenu TerrainDetail example
- PopupMenu ViewDistance example
- PopupMenu HQ example
- PopupMenu Support example
- PopupMenu Voting example
- Additional standard dialogs.
Eg: debug output dialog, Text/Ok dialog, Image/Ok dialog
- More controls in the base dialog
- Need a better system for tracking IDD's & IDC's.
- Menu definition strucuture is currently array based, but could easily be converted to use class definitions instead.
- Missing command to GetMousePosition (to match setMousePosition). There might be a work around for it, using dialog events.
Mission Developer Usage - Creating a new dialog or popup menu for a mission.
See the second post (just below) in this thread.
Edited by Dr_Eyeball, 17 April 2009 - 04:12.