Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA

It is not intended to be an addon, but 100% flexible script suite so the editor might have a missile behaving like an ICBM or a torpedo. Popularity? What is that? tounge2.gif

Anyway, as you probably know, it is beta actually. With 2.2 final there will be added documentation to make it more "popular". But the popularity of anything is directly related to the need of using its functioanlity by the mission editors.

Quote[/b] ]Popularity? What is that?

ok.let's say usability smile_o.gif

anyway if you don't won't to make an addon how about path variable specified for your scripts ? thus it can be used anywhere - in addons too

for ex. script is executed as

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[harrier1, 300, 0, 10, true]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missileecm.sqf"

i want

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[harrier1, 300, 0, 10, true] execVM mando_scripts_path+"units\mando_missileecm.sqf"

where mando_scripts_path can be any dir i specify in some init file

Hi, smile_o.gif

any knowns this video:

torpedo engined with Mando Missile 2.2 ?

Hey Mando- no questions just a bit of fun....

When it comes to scripting and such I'm pretty much TimmaAYY but I figured out how to put a laser designator in the gunner seat of the Cobra and use remote mode to lase my own targets- man is that sweet--- thanks for this again!

Quote[/b] ]I figured out how to put a laser designator in the gunner seat of the Cobra and use remote mode to lase my own targets

how you made it ?

Quote[/b] ]I figured out how to put a laser designator in the gunner seat of the Cobra and use remote mode to lase my own targets

how you made it ?

Yes, definitely post it please.

I think we need tutorials. I could do basic missions but basic won't do...

I have some little suggestions (modes that exist IRL but are still missing):

- I think missiles should decrease altitude if they are on cruise mode and above the cruise altitude, this would allow to simmulate VLS systems in which misile might have to decrease altitude after launch. Right now it will just stay at whatever it will reach at the peak of its turn.

- I would add an additional fianal attack mode - for Harpoon missiles. The older ones had a nice finish when they would pop-up and strike target from above, now it's selectable afaik and you can pick if you want the pop-up or strike from side (BTW, same goes for Javelin and probably Hellfire).

- Semi-automatic guidance... The mode in which launcher is camera-equipped and it automatically makes wire-guided missile turn to keep it in the middle of the cross. It might be a bit complicated but it looks totally different than laser guidance.

- VLS launched and parachute dropped anti-sub torpedo maybe?

- You are absolutely right, that flight profile was present in MMA 2.0 but for some reason (dont remember why) I deactivated it with 2.1 and it is still deactivated in 2.2 betas.

- That final attack mode is somewhat "present". You may fire the missile in mode 0 or 1 with a quite short active seeker range (200m), inertial updates every second and a cruise alt of no more than 30-40m. The missile will fly just above cruise alt till 200m from the taraget and then it will dive for the final strike (is not that the missile will climb abruptly and then dive).

- It is actualy done using as guidance system a laser designator. The missile will follow your lasertarget mark while you keep it ON.

- Yes, no problem with that. The warhead of a mando missile may create another one. Just an example, you set a flight profile to make the missile to ascend and aproach the target all the time in inertial modes 0 and 1, you set the detonation range as large as the active range itself. So, when the missile would go to switch to final active seeker mode, it is already in detonation range and it will activate the provided detonation script before diving for the target. In that script you may add anything you want, for example, the spawn of another mando missile with an ignition delay of 10 seconds (Planck's torpedo, for example). The torpedo will fall to the water and 10 secs after the intitial "detonation", the torpedo will switch on its engine and pursue the assigned target.

how you made it ?

yes please post how you did this I love all this mando stuff but i cant find the time to work it out.

Has anybody made a good mission with mando missles that is similar to say a falcon 4 style mission where you have to evade SAMS take at AA etc whilst a ground war is ongoing I would love to play it if they have.

- It is actualy done using as guidance system a laser designator. The missile will follow your lasertarget mark while you keep it ON.

Have to disagree there. The profile is nothing alike.

Unless you keep the crosshair static and you don't move.

With laser the missile is aimed straight at the target and it can strike at allmost any angle.

With TOWs the missile is getting electric impulses that force it to stay on line between you and target.

With laser-guided if you move to your left side the missile will not change course, with TOW the missile will sway to the left to stabilise on it's new course... When firing from a moving helicopter, or even when tracking a moving target the difference is visible.

There is also this "wobbing" of missile around the crosshairs that looks very nice.

But Cobras use Hellfires nowadays anyway, so I guess I have to figure out the laser trick anyway.

@ Oct. 10 2007,18:48)]With TOWs the missile is getting electric impulses that force it to stay on line between you and target.

And this is the "effect" you have when firing a mando missile against the Laser Mark of a laser designator. You may guide the missile by moving the laser mark.

I'm more than happy to post this, I hate the arcade lock and click action so maybe one day after it's perfected it'll become standard in missions with the Cobra...... So here is my explanation....

As you can see, it's not yet a perfect system, but it works....

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68937

(I assume you know basically how to use Mando's scripts)

1)Create a mission with Mando's Missiles.

2) Add a Cobra and give it this in its init:

this addweapon "laserdesignator"; this addmagazine "laserbatteries"; this addAction ["Transmit laser target", "mando_missiles\units\mando_getlaser.sqf"];

3) Give the Cobra gunner the Mando System llike the pilot. You do this by copying and pasting the AH1W profile in the mission init, and changing the "0" to a "1"

The easiest way to test this, (and this is how it works in MP too....)

1) Hop in the pilot seat, in the action menu switch to weapon laser marker.

2)When it is your weapon, switch to manual fire, trigger it on, and turn of manual fire. Now it stays on (assuming it did..., it's hit and miss)

3) You can now hop in the gunner seat or have your gunner hop in, when he switches to M197, everywhere he aims has a laser.

4)Transmit the laser target in the action menu, switch to Mando's remote mode, and hit ctrl to lock it up. Windows to shoot and have fun...

Activating the laser is still cumbersome and I'm trying to make it easier.

P.S. Remote mode will NOT work unless you add this to the mission init as well, almost forgot...

//Any player with a laser designator may transmit remote target info for missile armed units REMOTE-target capable

script_mando_haveialaser = []execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

sleep 1;

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, and if anyone can figure out how to make the laser easier to access, like the Kiowa was in OFP, PLEASE let me know.

You are right and your explanation was quite good also, but you also may add targets to the remote buffer using \mando_missiles\unitsmando_addremotetarget.sqf, so using a laser to have remote targets is not the only way wink_o.gif

BTW, in your video it is quite noticeable how you guide the missile itself by moving your gunner's camera smile_o.gif

Not my video and not your missile system. That's someone else's mod, I showed to to ask how they got the laser designator in the gunner's weapon selection. Still can't figure that out....

If I can figure out that much then I believe this system is better, since in the video he has having to repeatedly turn the laser on/off for some reason....

And this is the "effect" you have when firing a mando missile against the Laser Mark of a laser designator. You may guide the missile by moving the laser mark.

I should have made a diagramm in the first place.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/749/missilery4.gif

A typical situation - missile is launched not straight at the target.

First diagram is semi-automatic guidance, second is laser guided.

In first case computer attempts to keep the target in center of crosshairs, which results in pattern simmilar to diagrams from contol theory (there is overshoot etc).

Missile has no sensor at all, sensor is only at gunner's position (camera that tracks the flame of missile). The gunner keeps his crosshairs at the target and leads the missile as if it was on an invisible string between the gunner and target.

Missile is visible at all times, loosing sight of it would mean loss of controll over it.

In second case the missile just turns into the target. Missile does the tracking, smooth and nice flightpath, the gunner will usually not see the missile in its flight, unless he is static.

On the Cobra thing - cannot there be a normal designator like in OFP Kiowa? Maybe a scripted one (invisible vehicle with laser designator aiming using your nose cannon direction)? Having to switch seats sucks.

Probably these three already cover all the anti-ship missiles general flight profiles.

Probably these three already cover all the anti-ship missiles general flight profiles.

Well, there is also a mode when you launch a harpoon with bearing-only setting - it will fly straight with seaker active and search for a target. You can set several waypoints so that your position is not revealed.

You would use this if you only have a general idea of where the enemy is and cannot close in to veriffy. Something like an automated Predator drone... Don't know if it's usefull at all. In theory you could launch harpoons at passive-detected contact and not reveal your own position (delayed seeker activation and several waypoints).

Yes, I don't think it is a necessity.

There is also the pop-up of harpoon, but you can skipp on it, it's only optional and I think most people would rather hit the enemy in his sides.

I have a suggestion trougth - if you could introduce an option to set cruise altitude in relation to distance to target. Hellfires are fun but I cannot get the missile to fly on parabola when hitting far targets without having it miss the closer targets.

I am starting to get an idea of what's going on in those scripts.

How can I make a missile lock on to laser targets only?

If I can figure out that much then I believe this system is better, since in the video he has having to repeatedly turn the laser on/off for some reason....

Do not expect any spectacular flying as I'm a lousy chopper pilot:

init.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

Sleep 2;

// Wait until there is a player

while {isNull player} do

{

Sleep 2;

};

[]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";

// AH6 will have 10 flares and and 4 AG missiles for the pilot, able to lock on vehicles/ships, buildings and remote targets

[["AH6"], 0, "", [0,4], [0,4], 10, 10, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", true, false, true, true, [4,0,-2], "mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_ah6_keys2.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0, false, 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

Init field of the AH6:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeAllWeapons this;this addMagazine "Laserbatteries";this addWeapon "Laserdesignator"

When the AH6 pilot transmits the LD target, it may be locke-on by him or by any other friendly unit remote-targeting capable. In the example, the AH6 pilot selects REMOTE mode and locks-on its own designator which keeps on all the time, so he may guide its launched missiles just moving the nose of the chopper.

What intrigues me is that this is possible in MMA v2.2 final, which is not public yet whistle.gif

Panda[PL], when you fire these from an MCC equiped unit, you may set the cruise altitude for every launch. If you want to see the Laser Designator already in action, download the beta 3 version and play mando_remote_v2.intro, there you will be able to use the laser and transmit it so another unit will fire missiles in parabolic trajectory agaisnt your laser point.

Very nice, but not the issue. I have already done this with the Cobra....

My issue is giving the laser specifically to the gunner of Cobra.

Right now what I have is working... but i don't like it in that the pilot must activate the laser using manual fire, and then it is acting as a constant overlay to the gunner's M197. He moves the gun, it moves the laser. But no on/off and it requires knowledge of the manual fire trick to get it to work in the first place.

What I am trying to figure out is how to instead put the laser in the GUNNER's seat as scrollable a weapon.

With my current addweapon init, the weapon is going to the pilot's seat (and it is not "f key" scrollable, but an action menu option like when using the LD on the ground) . What i need is to give it to the gunner, and then hope he can move it around like the m197, or like the Kiowa gunner did in OFP, then the system would be perfect because with remote mode you can use your missiles on your own laser.

And of course the other problem I have is respawning the helo with the init's still in, i.e. my addweapons, etc..... but thats just my lack of scripting knowledge....

All you need to do is to switch as pilot, select laser designator and click your mouse button to activate it, then switch to gunner and keep as gunner.

in the init.sqf I did change the AH6 line by:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[["AH1W"], 1, "", [0,4], [0,4], 10, 10, "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilevehicle2.sqf", true, false, true, true, [4,0,-2], "mando_missiles\units\keysets\mando_ah6_keys2.sqf", 5, 5, 2, 0, false, 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";

while {true} do

{

_wdir = heli1 weaponDirection "M197";

driver heli1 doWatch [(getPos heli1 select 0)+(_wdir select 0)*2000,(getPos heli1 select 1)+(_wdir select 1)*2000,(getPos heli1 select 2)+(_wdir select 2)*2000];

Sleep 1;

};

Being heli1 the AH1W with the laser designator. The AI pilot with LD switched ON will watch all the time where you (the gunner) point with the M197. Then you just switch to remote targets, clock LCTRL to lock on your pilot's LD mark and that's all. You may move your M197 and the fired missiles will follow your gunsight.

But surely there is a better way to enslave a LD to guner's sight.

I'm not sure exactly how this is better...?

The way I have it set up right now the laser does move with the gunner. The pilot has to activate it before flight and then it's always on,but with your missiles it works. I have two issues now and I don't think they're an issue for you particularly.

1. Again, the laser designator needs to be a weapon built into the chopper for the gunner to use it.

2. After extensive MP testing, there is a serious BIS issue. The BIS laser is sometimes lost with the current setup, sometimes the client can't see what the host sees, etc. I fear for this to work it'll have to work with an addon that has the LD built in, or for a scripter to figure out how to make it work in MP. Sometimes it works in MP just fine, sometimes the laser can't be found at all, and sometimes it appears to work fine but the Mando missile doesn't seem to track the BIS LD (I suspect the BIS LD is out of range, but the Mando "locked" info in the upper left corner is still current, and therefore the pilots think it's a suitable shot.)

The Mando stuff works fine, so until someone with some insight on the scripting the LD properly and with MP compatability, it won't work fully.

Bis configs are pathetic. The scan range of cobra for laser targets is so short it makes it detect the tanks faster than the laser dot itself.

Anyways, I fail to get the laser mando missile work on Cobra in the game.

So using default missiles and laser won't work.

I tried using it in following manner:

- placed a radio trigger that first setpos the gunner and driver outside of chopper and then I used movein~ commands to switch the seats.

- used laser, switched seats, AI started spinning so I told him to stopp.

- laser is on and visible, I ride as gunner... I can lock a hellfire on the laser, but remote mode doesn't see it!

I see the laser on HUD etc.

I cannot transmitt my laser - there is no option in menu.

- the driver does follow the gun direction (I checked by using 3p view - he does move his head).

I used the AH1W line you posted.

I use the Mando remote demo mission. Te mando_haveialaser.sqf line is there. Maybe it won't work if you are in a vehicle?

How can I make myself capable of transmitting remote target?

You are right, in MMA v2.2b3 mando_haveialaser.sqf checks for player's weapon, not player's vehicle weapons. Edit mando_haveialaser.sqf and change player by (vehicle player).

This will work nicely for the pilot, for example the pilot of an AH6 laser designating targets for himself or for others, but it seems you will have, again, the laser in pilot's hands while the "aimer" should be the gunner. So, the problem again would be to enslave the pilot "sight" to the gunner's weapon sight.

I'm not sure this particular problem can be solved with scripts only and no mods/addons.

You cannot use the AH1 line I posted literally, as the scripts present there as arguments are new and not present in MMA 2.2B3, use the scripts present in mando_remove_v2.intro for the BLUFOR choppers.

You cannot use the AH1 line I posted literally, as the scripts present there as arguments are new and not present in MMA 2.2B3, use the scripts present in mando_remove_v2.intro for the BLUFOR choppers.

That's obvious, I changed them.

I think it will work out just fine without addons, I allready menaged to keep the laser pointing where the gun is. It was just a matter of locking on to it.

I'll try it out later.