Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod Reloaded, Public Beta Release

Well GL3 make's your Mission as much dynamic as possible.

If you have some East Soldiers placed in a Town and some trucks boarded with East Soldiers just driving around somewhere and now you attacking the East Soldiers in the Town they will call the nearest truck to support them this also works with Choppers!

just board a Chopper with East Soldiers and the Chopper can also called for Reinforcement by the East Soldiers in the Town.

Enemys also call Artilliry they move, shoot, react much better and faster.

Well what did KeyCat say about the GroupLink Script:

Quote[/b] ]Give the AI some more Brain.

And that's damn true thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

Works automatically if the 6th sense add-on is installed or needs to be activated for each for unit separately with a script or something???

The readme refers to some script which needs to be executed for units, but there is no such script to be found... well the readme also talks about FlashPoint... so far I have only located the related pbo-file. Nothing more. No example mission, no sqs-file to modify.

So how do I activate GroupLink for a unit in editor?

this exec "something"... to init. An example please.

Here you go:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Installation:

Extract the @SLX mod folder into your ArmA directory or just put SLX_GL3.pbo in your ArmA addons folder. If you want to modify the GL3 addon script settings then you need the mod folder with the settings .sqf file. If the addon is in the mod folder addons then you need to run ArmA with "-mod=@SLX" in the command line.

Using GL3:

GL3 is a script addon, the scripts can be used directly from the addon, but they can also be used in missions. To use GL3 the init script has to be run on each unit that is to have effects or at least one unit from each squad that is to be added to the SLX_Groups array. When the init script is executed by a unit GL3 will be initialized if it is not started, the unit will be initialized into GL3, and the unit's group will be added to the SLX_Groups array.

To initialize a unit into GL3 using the scripts in the addon, put this in the unit's init line: " [this] exec "\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs" " without the quotes.

GL3 addon scripts can be configured by the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX mod folder, but if that is not available, it will use the default settings in the addon.

Using GL3 scripts in a mission:

If you are using GL3 in a mission and you want the scripts to work differently than they do in the addon you can customize them in your mission. To customize GL3 for use in missions copy the scripts into a folder in your mission directory. Then in the mission init.sqs copy and set up the settings from SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf, set SLX_GL3_Path to your mission's GL3 folder. Then when you exec the init script on units in your mission simply change the line " "\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs" " to point to where your GL3 scripts are. For example, your GL3 scripts are in your mission folder in a folder called "GL3". Copy the contents from SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf into your init.sqs and set " SLX_GL3_Path = "GL3\" ". Then in each unit's init put " [this] exec "GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs" ".

To initialize many already placed units into GL3 place a trigger in the mission and set the radius to cover all of the units you want to initialize, such as 50000 by 50000 for the whole island, and set "Trigger by:" to "Anybody" and "Type:" to "Present" and in the "On Activiation" line put " {[_x] exec "\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"} ForEach thislist " without the quotes. Make sure you change the exec if you are using scripts from a different folder.

Check the Readme of SLX GL3 for more informations about GL3. wink_o.gif

I do this -> "-mod=@SLX" in the command line.

With this in init line I get only various errors: " [this] exec "\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs" " without the quotes. (For what I have used, is this even valid in ArmA?)

Where the heck are these .sqf and .sqs that the readme is talking about? -->

GL3 addon scripts can be configured by the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf in the @SLX mod folder, but if that is not available, it will use the default settings in the addon.

Nope well Original this Script was for OFP not for ArmA.

okay you installed 6thSense.eu Mod right?

Okay now go to your ArmA directory there's a folder called "@6thSenseMod" in this Mod Folder, there is a folder called addons in this folder you can find:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">SLX_Cloud.pbo

SLX_GL3.pbo

SLX_Wounds.pbo

Okay now go to your ArmA root directory and create a Folder called "@SLX" in this Folder create a folder called "addOns" in this folder you put the 3 .pbo's explained where to find above.

I don't know if the SLX_Wounds.pbo and SLX_Cloud.pbo is really needed if you wanna to use the GL3 Script but i think it's better to use them too till someone with a better knowledge can tell more about it.

Now start ArmA with "-mod=@SLX" like you did it bevore and everything should work fine.

i think the best way so far is this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">To initialize many already placed units into GL3 place a trigger in the mission and set the radius to cover all of the units you want to initialize, such as 50000 by 50000 for the whole island, and set "Trigger by:" to "Anybody" and "Type:" to "Present" and in the "On Activiation" line put " {[_x] exec "\SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"} ForEach thislist " without the quotes. Make sure you change the exec if you are using scripts from a different folder.

B.t.w. if you are looking for "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" just unPbo the SLX_GL3.pbo everything is inside this file. wink_o.gif

OK. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Since I started mission editing with ArmA, my knowledge of Flashpoint is non-existent.

This kind of group awaraness sounds so good on a tactical point of view that it simply cannot be missed.

v0.57 Update is out!

- Fixed Group Tracker problems when inside vehicles or when on resistance side

- Changed Chat Font Size to smaller one, enabling more rows to display for chat. You can change these settings in SIX_config.hpp

- Displaying 6thSenseMod Version Info in left down corner of ArmA Main Menu.

- Incorporated Zeus Mod Dispersion, AICoef, Engagement Ranges, with own tweaks

- Simulated body armor for Soldiers (body: ~2x5.56, 1x762)

You can now update directly from v0.55 OR v0.56 smile_o.gif

Added ScreenShots Section: http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma....enshots

Will get into the GL3 sometime soon thumbs-up.gif

Sick I love you, just want to make sure you knew that.

Just to make it sound less "gay" I Will Love You even more if you get GL3 work perfect inlove.gif

so far no problem which playing on 6S servers yet i noticedo ne issue (but this apply to AI at ArmA in general)

when AI is moving (run, prone/lay, run etc) it does that way too fast and result is way too jerky movement (it feels weird while watching from distance) ...

yet i must agree that sometimes AI flanking logic is way too great lol (got owned multiple times ) smile_o.gif

for this reason i got one small yet important request ...

please add SPR modification with silencer wink_o.gif

notworthy.gif

GL3 Testing:

OK I tested GroupLink3 with a scenario multiple times.

- Some guys are now running around with radiosets

- Infantry units actually perform a fighting withrawal

- Nearby units actually come as reinforcements by themselves

- Some random results though (some odd stuff spotted)

- Helos are some times almost suicidical in troop drops (land within 200 meters of enemy tank etc.)

- Troops can use buildings

Errors Spotted (not found):

_SLX_wounds\SLX.Wounds.sqs

_six_cloud/cloudysmoke.p3D

bin.\cfgVoice\wordsmedic2

Some questions:

- Are the original squad leaders only ones who can call for help

- Sometimes reserve units will not join the fight some times they do

- Vehicle wrecks burn forever, but maybe this is a feature???

I'll keep on testing during the next week, but so far really promising!

Quote[/b] ]its simply in so I can start testing with it on the servers and experiment in missions.

Can it be, that SLX GL3 did not work on a Dedicated Server so far? confused_o.gif

EDIT:

Damb okay it works but only if i use the full 6thSenseMod...

PLZ what do i need to do to use only the SLX Stuff without the whole 6thSenseMod?

You can use the GL3 stuff standalone, just follow the instructions on this thread earlier on. You just have to create a new folder. Not sure about multiplayer though...

Next test. I run the GroupLink as part of 6thSense mod - and guess what - NO ERRORS OF ANY KIND!!!

What I'm now witnessing is simply amazing. Finally we have a real tactical wargame biggrin_o.gif

No more messing around with triggers and waypoints. I can just send one recon squad on it's way and watch the fight erupt as AI calls in available reinforcements for both sides.

Next test. I run the GroupLink as part of 6thSense mod - and guess what - NO ERRORS OF ANY KIND!!!

What I'm now witnessing is simply amazing. Finally we have a real tactical wargame biggrin_o.gif

No more messing around with triggers and waypoints. I can just send one recon squad on it's way and watch the fight erupt as AI calls in available reinforcements for both sides.

Nice to Read. I will be investing most of my time in the upcoming weeks for the AI Projects like GroupLink, DAC etc. etc.

Hey Guy's,

well after some more heavy tests of GroupLink 3 i noticed some more thing's:

1. The call Reinforcement option of the Enemy groups is very weak. I mean they will not call Reinforcement very often and if they call it, the Called Group moves very slowly or stops moving just few min. bevore they reached the attacked group.

2. Sometimes it happend's that if you attack a Enemy Group, the Group who was called for Reinforcement is fleeing. crazy_o.gif

Well thouse two thing's i noticed very often till testing the Script.

Another thing:

I don't know but maybee it's possible, to make the Enemy Group's more aggresive and they call Reinforcement and keep on hunting the Enemy's much faster and much longer, if i change something in the Setting's of the Script.

Now please could someone explain me the optin's cuz i don't understand them really well... confused_o.gif

I think somewhere here.

SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

Quote[/b] ]/*****

Group Link 3 Tactical Settings

*****/

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to become alerted to them. 4 is maximum known value. Default is 0.25.

//SLX_Alert = 0.25;

SLX_Alert = .5;

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to lay down suppressive fire and reveal the enemy position to friendlies.

SLX_Reveal = 2.5;

/*****

Enemy strength is 0.5 when equally matched.

Enemy strength is at 1 when enemies are twice as strong as allies.

Enemy strength is at 0.25 when enemies are half as strong as allies.

Groups in stealth mode do not perform maneuvers.

*****/

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should attack at.

SLX_AttackRatio = 0.33;

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should withdraw at.

SLX_RetreatRatio = 1.3;

// Modifier of enemy strength to chance of fleeing. Skill of group leader decreases fleeing probability. Fleeing groups surrender to enemies when surrounded. 1 is 100% chance of fleeing/surrendering when enemies are twice as strong. 0.5 is 50% chance of fleeing when enemies are twice as strong and 75% chance of fleeing when enemies are three times as strong. Comment out to disable setting fleeing probability.

//SLX_Fleeing = 0.7;

What do i have to change, to make Enemy's using Reinforcement and all other thing's much more and much faster?

B.t.w. Is Artillery now working now? Becouse it's disabled by "//"

SLX groupLink3 vs KeyCat GroupLink 2 v.1.91

Okay in OFP time's i always played with the GroupLink 2 Script made by KeyCat and so far i think it's still the God of all GroupLink Script's.

Sickboy why did you choose the SLX GL3 Script instead of converting the KeyCat GroupLink 2 v.1.91 Script?

Don't get me wrong!!! biggrin_o.gif Im really happy to have a groupLink Script finally and for a Beta it work's pretty well but KeyCat's GroupLink was much more effective and it did not have all this mod stuff with it ( Wound's, Cloud's and so on )

It was just an damn amazing and GREATE working GroupLink Script.

I think you could save a lot of time, becouse KeyCat's Script is way smaller, becouse he did not use something else beside the pure GroupLink Script.

Another point are the setting's:

In KeyCat's Script you could config the Script very very easy

Just put this in your init.sqs:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; Init Group Link II script

[[ge1,ge2,ge3,ge4,ge5,ge6,ge7,ge8],[ge1],[ge1,ge7],gw1,2,0.10] exec "ai\grouplink2.sqs"

The greate thing is: There are 3 Arrey's:

Quote[/b] ]

1. Arrey: array of enemy groups: Groups listed in this Arrey will hunt you over the whole island, after they spottet you. biggrin_o.gif

So they will never stopp follow you till you killed them.

2.Array: array of static enemy groups: Thouse groups will not hunt you and after the alert is canceled they returne to their waypoint's.

3.Array: array of enemy groups that shouldn't remount vehicles: Sorry can't remember... whistle.gif

okay so plz don#t get me wrong like i told bevore im really really happy, to have a GroupLink Script finally. yay.gif

I'm sure Sickboy has a very good reason why picking SLX GL3 instead of KeyCat's GL2 and the SLX Script would be much better, if it would be a fixed Version and of course i noticed, that many thing's in the SLX Script was disabled, maybee to get it first time work in ArmA.

So just wanted let you know this.

Keep up the GREATE WORK!!!!

thumbs-up.gif

Oh:

Quote[/b] ]Nice to Read. I will be investing most of my time in the upcoming weeks for the AI Projects like GroupLink, DAC etc. etc.

yay.gif Can't wait for your next SLX GroupLink release inlove.gif

And plz Sickboy could you make a Stand alone SLX GroupLink 3 release... whistle.gif

6th SENSE TESTING WITH GL3 CONTINUES:

Here are some notes:

INVOLUNTARY PINNING

Well folks for those who were arguing about how pinning should apply to

human players too - here it is. You'll find yourself beign forced to duck into cover or hug the ground.

DAMAGE EFFECTS

T-72 got hit and was driving around engine section ablaze. After a moment the crew bailed out. They were burning too and started to roll on the ground in order to put the flames out. Another one perished, another one succeeded and started firng with his gun at the enemy. I never seen anyhing like this in ArmA before.

Noticed also that with GL3 AI is some times caught in a loop of mounting/dismounting. Perhaps Ai has an issue with unassigning units???

I also found out that for some reason single vehicles work better than squadrons. In formations the lead vehicle is often very passive.

i noticed (in normal ArmA) that sometimes AI group inside vehicle exists while behind hill (related to enemies)...

then some trigger kick in saying no enemy in sight and whole group re-enters vehicle which move 5-20m and whole situation repeats and often when this vehicle enters "line of fire" from enemy whole AI group sits inside (and most likely all die by vehicle destruction) ...

this already happened to me with GL3 too with just light differences

so wonder if it's possible to tell group to exit vehicle while being out of sight from enemy (close but not way too close) and continue on foot guarding vehicle (if it's APC)

Quote[/b] ]Can't wait for your next SLX GroupLink release  

And plz Sickboy could you make a Stand alone SLX GroupLink 3 release...

SLX GroupLink3 is not made by me, it's made by Solus from the SLX Replacement Mod. (Also used in FFUR)

All I did (until now) was include his work in my Mod, the next steps are to get it to work properly, expand, maybe work together with Solus (but he's not been answering PM's for weeks).

I do not officially support SLX GL3 at all.  What I will do is knit it into the 6thSenseMod and expand/change what I deem nececairy.

This is what I was talking about before smile_o.gif I will be looking into it smile_o.gif

Thanks for the error reports aswell as functionality reports... Please keep this up as it will help me finish the implementation smile_o.gif

There's a nice surprise waiting for people interested in 6thSenseMod though smile_o.gif I can't tell much about it yet, but the plans are great wink_o.gif

Hey Sickboy, smile_o.gif

yes of course i know SLX was made by Solus i used that mod in OFP times but only the grass and Effect's ( Surrender was a damn greate feature too!wink_o.gif without using the GL3 Script becouse i always used KeyCat's wink_o.gif

B.t.w.: You didn't change something to make SLX GroupLink 3 working in ArmA ?

Well again i did some more testing and well after some time more Groups will be called for Reinforcement not only 1 but like i told bevore... it really need's very long till they are called and help the attacked groupe. confused_o.gif

Okay so far everything is fine. thumbs-up.gif

I made a Example mission, where you can exactly watch what a Enemy Group is doing at the moment by give them a Marker.

if you like to see GroupLink 3 in action try it. thumbs-up.gif

GroupLink 3 AI Test groups

Quote[/b] ]

There's a nice surprise waiting for people interested in 6thSenseMod though smile_o.gif I can't tell much about it yet, but the plans are great wink_o.gif

Can't wait!!! Can't wait!!! yay.gifyay.gif

Awesome m8, thank you, saves me the hassle to make a test mission ^^

smile_o.gif Your welcome Sickboy

Well i think i just found out how to get the Script working correctly and also working with the SLX stuff only ( SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Wounds.pbo, SLX_Clouds.pbo) whistle.gif

Okay in your ArmA directory create a folder called "@SLX" in this folder create a folder called "addOns" now put all 3 SLX .pbo from the 6thSenseMod ( SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Wounds.pbo, SLX_Clouds.pbo ) in your new createt @SLX/addOns folder.

So next step unPbo the file "SLX_GL3.pbo" for remember in the directory @SLX\addOns\SLX_GL3.pbo

After the file is extracted you have a new folder called "SLX_GL3" there you can find a file called "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" okay copy that file and put it to the root SLX addOn folder ( @SLX\addOns\ ) put it in there.

So now you have in @SLX\addOns : SLX_GL3.pbo, SLX_Wounds.pbo, SLX_Clouds.pbo and SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

Okay if you now create a mission use in the SLX GroupLink trigger: On Activated: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{[_x] exec "SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_GL3.sqs"} ForEach thislist

Well maybe you already still use that way but look's like i was just to foolish to get it right. whistle.gif

B.t.w.: In the SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf

I use:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to become alerted to them. 4 is maximum known value. Default is 0.25.

SLX_Alert = 0.25;

// Amount of info a group needs about an enemy unit to lay down suppressive fire and reveal the enemy position to friendlies.

SLX_Reveal = 0.33;

/*****

Enemy strength is 0.5 when equally matched.

Enemy strength is at 1 when enemies are twice as strong as allies.

Enemy strength is at 0.25 when enemies are half as strong as allies.

Groups in stealth mode do not perform maneuvers.

*****/

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should attack at.

SLX_AttackRatio = 0.33;

// Enemy strength relative to ally strength that groups should withdraw at.

SLX_RetreatRatio = 1.3;

// Modifier of enemy strength to chance of fleeing. Skill of group leader decreases fleeing probability. Fleeing groups surrender to enemies when surrounded. 1 is 100% chance of fleeing/surrendering when enemies are twice as strong. 0.5 is 50% chance of fleeing when enemies are twice as strong and 75% chance of fleeing when enemies are three times as strong. Comment out to disable setting fleeing probability.

//SLX_Fleeing = 0.7;

Damb now look's like the script is doing it's job much much better! yay.gifyay.gif

I just inlove.gif it!!

Great Great job SNKMan... I will be looking into it very soon, had to bug some missions and other stuff for tomorrow wink_o.gif

Result:

v0.58 (DL Link)

- Toned down the AI Dispersion values a lil

- Fixed some ammo classes for SD

Oh and as some ppl were afraid of 'auto-update' etc... and the title being slightly misleading, the description for the updater was updated ^^

Easy-Update Feature! (Pick "Mod Update Check" from the Start Menu "6thSense.eu ArmA" group, and follow instructions on screen)

Hopefully cu @ the Coop Nights (Check Sig for details)

Thanks again SNKMan. Just checked ur demo mission. Nice to take a look and see the GL3 working smile_o.gif

Though, I recommend changing your marker script to use createmarkerLocal setmarkerblabalLocal etc. etc. (just add Local to the functions), this way the markers do not get created double and moved over the netwerk double, incase of MP test wink_o.gif

I will be looking into this stuff further in the next days, mostly in the weekend, if all goes fine, I will be implementing it as an optional feature which you can enable for any mission you like without the hassle of a trigger etc wink_o.gif

Also I just read the full contents of your other messages  xmas_o.gif My reasons for taking SLX were simply...

Newer, Updated and more feature rich. The dependency of Addons simply doesn't matter, as im implementing it inside my mod and not releasing it as a standalone ^^

Hey Sickboy,

About my marker Script:

markersEnemy.sqf

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_obj = _this select 0;

_markertext = format["%1",group _obj];

_marker = createMarkerLocal [_markertext, getpos _obj];

_marker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";

_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "DOT";

_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [.5,.5];

_marker setMarkerTextLocal "Enemy";

while {true} do {

sleep 0.5;

_marker setmarkerpos position _obj;

};

if {!(alive _obj)} then {

deleteMarker _marker;

EXIT;

};

Thank's for the hint smile_o.gif

Okay slowly but sure i start understanding too, why you choosed the SLX Script. tounge2.gif

Damb some very nice features working already not only GroupLink!

For example if you walk to a Heli the Screen will become black for 1 sec. and back to the normal view and this all over the time.

So it look's like you would closing your eye's to not get some dirt in it. thumbs-up.gif

Another thing, if a grenade exploded just right beside you for 1 - 2 sec. the whole screen is black and you hear nothing ( Blackout ) thumbs-up.gif

Yesterday i played my GroupLink 3 AI Test mission with a friend and it was more fun than every other mission i ever made. yay.gif

It's damn hard but now you really have to think about what you're doing next to not get killed.

Another thing: My friend asked me, if i use new Smoke for exploded Vehicles?

After we destroyed some URAl trucks there was very big black smoke going 200 feet in the Sky! tounge2.gif is this SLX too or did i just not notice it so far?

I can't stop to repeate it: VERY VERY AMAZING!!! inlove.gif

Great Great News... Seems like I have to work less than I expected on this script smile_o.gif

If so, you can expect some options to enable the GL in all missions etc, altough I will have to add some conditions, like if captive=true or if the soldier is simply named Captive (for west east guer etc) the script shouldnt activate etc biggrin_o.gif

Here is an updated version of your marker script:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">private ["_obj","marker"];

_obj = _this select 0;

_marker = format["%1",group _obj];

createMarkerLocal [_marker, position _obj];

_marker setMarkerShapeLocal "ICON";

_marker setMarkerTypeLocal "DOT";

_marker setMarkerSizeLocal [.5,.5];

_marker setMarkerTextLocal _marker;

while {alive _obj} do

{

sleep 1;

_marker setmarkerposLocal position _obj;

};

deletemarkerLocal _marker;

1: in SQF scripts you must define variables you wish to keep private (_variables)

2: in your example, the while loop will never terminate because the condition will always remain true, as such the last part of the script will never be fired

3: altough not applicable anymore, the correct way to exit an SQF script is: if(condition)exitwith{whatever you want executed when exiting the script};

Replace condition with the condition that needs to be true, to exit. Or simply make it TRUE, if the script must always exit at this specific position.

4: thought it would be nice to show the enemy group name instead of "Enemy"

I will add a marker script to the mod that can be enabled in debug mode. Different colors per side, aswell as a different marker for vehicles etc should be an option smile_o.gif