Sign in to follow this  
MrPing1000

Dolores (miss2) is very very broken

yeah, the real objective in this mission is to "guide" the enemy tanks into the kill zone by destroying all bridges out of town. thus the only way out of the urban maze goes through the american defensive position.

Tried 5 under.  No blow.

Tried 5 on top.  Same.

Haven't tried hitting it w/ a rocket.  Everytime I get near an ammo crate I get hosed from behind.

Very frustrating.  Only time I get objective completed is when I put all 5 under, along those supports (which as everyone says is a pain in the ass).  Still doesn't blow.  Feel like I'm bugged here.

Oh yeah, 1.05 sprocket version.

with 3 charges under the bridge (in one pillar) is enough , at least for me it was wink_o.gif

Wht do you mean a UAZ comes first?

Laid my Charges at the pillar and some on top. While i was doing so, i hear vehicle sounds. Looked across the bridge and the first few vehicle i see are T-72s. They crossed the bridge normally except for the odd BMP that swims. After all that then the UAZ comes. Are you saying that the UAz was supposed to come first?

Wht do you mean a UAZ comes first?

Using 505 UK retail, patched to v1.05, the UAZ usually crests the hill when I am laying the second charge (even though I sprinted to the waypoint as soon as I get out of the hummer). If I start to lay a third charge they are already in firing range and I start this mission without a weapon (except the 5 charges). banghead.gif

I've tried laying one charge (to ambush the UAZ) then hiding, but the UAZ and crew appears immune to the charge if it's laid at the waypoint marker, and if I lay it on the road where they turn they stop, decamp and come looking for me...although they never find me it means there is no time left to lay more charges before other vehicles turn up (the BMPs). banghead.gif

I don't know how anyone has time to lay all 5 charges on or under the bridge, it's just so frustrating that this mission seems to have different timings on different PCs !!!

I am on 1.5

//SPOILERS!

I placed all the bombs under the nearest side of the bridge. That is before the water. I placed them in a stagged form. Three tucked right into the point where the bridge met the slope and then two a small step back. Note: you cannot place them too close together.

so a side diagram would be:

BRIDGE ROAD

|------------------|------------

\ xxxxx/ Slope

\^^^^^^^^/

Water

A 1st person view from under the bridge looking at the bombs and facing the road with the bridge going over my head, would be:

| X X X |

| X X |

Once the 5th was placed I got the update. This suggests that the explosion is actually scripted rather than caused by the physics engine of the bombs.

I ran from the bridge towards the arms stash and quickly loaded up with AT rounds.

Once the bombs went up the game saves.

I then found that the tanks and BMP were riding up the bank. I used the AT round on the T72 and the crew got out, which I killed from a corner.

I then waited for a moment.

I then ran over to the T72 and got in. Using the tanks gun I took out the BMP and then limped the T72 around the wreckage and took out the other BMP.

I then jumped out of the tank and ran to the parade ground inside a mesh cage wall. At one corner I found a jeep. I used this to race towards the exit, keeping my path just below the lip of the bank of the river (thus avoiding the other BMP and tank that ambush you if you follow the road).

I did pass a group of US troops, but frankly I left them too it.

Once I got close to the end point the mission ended.

I must have taken something like 15 attempts. 90% of which were surviving the intial AT battle to wreck the T72. The rest took one attempt.

Basho

i complete this mission even better way.

1. Plant 3 charges on bridge, right on midle.

2.Run to ammo cates , get M136.

3.Let UAZ pass the brige

4. Take out first tank , wile its on bridge(u need  one  good shot to damge tank)

5 kill tank crue.

then rest of the armor group and  truck cant cross bridge (exept BMP's, they just swim to the other side) but here u have M136 to take them out. then kill rest of the tanks, after all commander tell u blast bridge, and finley u destroy/kill rest of enemy group on other side of river ,easy.

P.S. i was allways wonder, why commander tell u destroy the bridge, after armor grope crossed bridge? whould be wise destroy brige b4, and do not let them cross bridge at all, then call artelery support?

pistols.gif

had the same problem. drop all your kit on the groung under the bridge, except 2 satchel charges. swim to first post and drop them as close as poss. go get another two charges and do the same with the post next to it. grab your kit and leg it. you need to be quick. Suggest going backwards and forwards as I would drop all my kit in the water.

This game is good fun, but needs alot of trial and error.

Good shooting