Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Good to hear Rock, so when your finished will BIS be knocking on your door to convert their own plane? wink_o.gif

The Puma and Seaking look very good. Looks like we'll get british stuff earlier in the games life unlike ofp. biggrin_o.gif

Cant wait to see the VTOL System.

Need to buy arma tho...

There are no more action menu controls!

Woo hoo!!!! Keep up the good work! notworthy.gifyay.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
 There are no more action menu controls!

Woo hoo!!!! Keep up the good work!  notworthy.gif  yay.gif

In all honesty is all down to UNN.  All i did was describe how i wanted it to work and he made it happen!

God bless that man inlove.gif

In all honesty i think this is a perfect team, whom of witch both have high standards, really nice work, to both of you. You are certainly setting the standards smile_o.gif

Nick

Guest RKSL-Rock
God bless that man  inlove.gif

In all honesty i think this is a perfect team, whom of witch both have high standards, really nice work, to both of you. You are certainly setting the standards smile_o.gif

Nick

Thanks, appreciate the compliment!

Ok as promised some more Harrier GR9 Dev pics (these are taken in OFP but these are the new models that will be in ArmA.)

ARMAPR-GR9-001_th.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZE

ARMAPR-GR9-002_th.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZE

ARMAPR-GR9-003_th.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZE

ARMAPR-GR9-004_th.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR FULL SIZE

I'll post the C-130H30 pics later.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Will brimstone be implemented for the GR.9?

Yeah, the Type2 mixed loadout (6x Brimstone and 2x 1000lb Paveway II) though not the show load with 18 missiles.

Rock, how are you going about to get the ideal sound recording for your aircraft?

As i personally think sound is "Just as" important as the model and scripts that acompany it. (that the right spelling?)

I have seen a vid of a edited sound file for the arm a harrier created by deanosbeano, witch features a "fly past" sound effect, not sure on the correct terminology, but it certainly sounds a lot better than the very bland looping sound you get from the default version.

I cant see anything more exciting than hearing the beauty raww past you in game smile_o.gif

Nick

Ahh thanks man, the harrier looks cool. notworthy.gif

I wanted to see the shape from behind looks nice! I know Im pushing it probally by saying could you do a little hoover above the ground, like on test island? As viewed from a distance.

This is going to be great! Looking forward to both aircraft and the other helicopters. The seaking is very nice aswell. thumbs-up.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock, how are you going about to get the ideal sound recording for your aircraft?

As i personally think sound is "Just as" important as the model and scripts that acompany it. (that the right spelling?)

Well I did get a friend to try and record the proper sounds but the quality was just awful.  In the end I’m opting to use the Jamestown Sound Samples (with permission) from their X Plane pack.

I have seen a vid of a edited sound file for the arm a harrier created by deanosbeano, witch features a "fly past" sound effect, not sure on the correct terminology, but it certainly sounds a lot better than the very bland looping sound you get from the default version.

Yeah I tried it but for what ever reason it seems to warble on my system and I find it a bit annoying.  Depending on what happens with the tools I think I’ll still be going for custom sounds.

I know Im pushing it probally by saying could you do a little hoover above the ground, like on test island? As viewed from a distance.

I can do a short vid but it will only be in OFP and not ArmA.  The VTOL system is dependant on animation phases and without the ArmA tools there’s nothing I can do.

Will brimstone be implemented for the GR.9?

Yeah, the Type2 mixed loadout (6x Brimstone and 2x 1000lb Paveway II) though not the show load with 18 missiles.

Good to hear smile_o.gif

Fantastic video Rock thumbs-up.gif

Both UNN and yourself are going to take this game to the next level. Keep up the great work and all the best with your projects.

You said something in a previous post about putting some screen shots up of the C-130's...not sure if the pic's on your site are the updated ones or not. Either way it's all looking fantastic. Looking forward to the Wessex, I've always loved the way they look, there is a charm about them, though some would say they are as ugly as sin!

Let's hope that BI take notice of your revolutionary work with the VTOL/STOL (I'm presuming that the script has this funtion too) and implement it in their work, though there was something mentioned somewhere about the February 505 release containing a VTOL script but I can't verify it so not sure if it's true or not...

Here's to a more effective flight model and cargo handling system being implemented by BIS in future patch release in 2007, no doubt that would make your work a lot 'easier'

Happy New year by the way.

biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Fantastic video Rock  thumbs-up.gif

Both UNN and yourself are going to take this game to the next level. Keep up the great work and all the best with your projects.

Thanks, but all we’re trying to do is add things that we want to see ourselves.  What anyone else wants comes 2nd!

You said something in a previous post about putting some screen shots up of the C-130's...not sure if the pic's on your site are the updated ones or not. Either way it's all looking fantastic. Looking forward to the Wessex, I've always loved the way they look, there is a charm about them, though some would say they are as ugly as sin!

Well I know I said I’d post some more pics of the C-130s but I’ve been a bit focussed on a few other projects.  Some commercial stuff and some ArmA prep work so I’ve really not had the time.  But I will post some stuff as soon as I can.

RE The Wessex, I have very fond memories of them from my time in the RAF Reg.  The HC.2 was the first “military†helicopter I rode in and the first helicopter I rappelled from (i still have the scars).  I’ve wanted to make one for ages and in fact the model in the pics is now nearly 2 years old!

Let's hope that BI take notice of your revolutionary work with the VTOL/STOL (I'm presuming that the script has this funtion too) and implement it in their work, though there was something mentioned somewhere about the February 505 release containing a VTOL script but I can't verify it so not sure if it's true or not...

Yes, proper STOL and VTOL is fully supported.  It’s a shame really but FRAPS seems to kill the STOL function and I can’t get Gamecam to work with OFP. Which is a shame because it’s the STOL aspect that I think is the most fun in game.  Especially MP.  Its amazing watching CBFASI, UNN and Messiah doing VTOL landing, taxi around to the ammo trucks then do a STOL take off to go an whack some more tanks!

Here's to a more effective flight model and cargo handling system being implemented by BIS in future patch release in 2007, no doubt that would make your work a lot 'easier'

I really do hope they do give us a more practical plane flight model and fix the rudder issues with the helos, ArmA’s engine has so many  possibilities it would be a shame to cripple it with poor controllability.

Happy New year by the way.

And to you.  May 2007 be better than 2006 for all of us!

Quote[/b] ]Quote (low light @ Jan. 14 2007,19:34)

I really do hope they do give us a more practical plane flight model and fix the rudder issues with the helos, ArmA’s engine has so many  possibilities it would be a shame to cripple it with poor controllability.

Yeah, if the new scripting commands were made available to OFP. I'm afraid to say Arma, in it's current state, would be shelved sad_o.gif I wish I could be more upbeat about the whole thing, instead of just half of it.

That is fantastic!!!

I love the Hercules C-130 Plane and your Harriers are looking absolutly great too!!

Please make so on. I hope you guys would release the C-130 with an automatic opening ramp animation for high altitude jumpings.

The most things I hate in ArmA are the texture inside of the vehicles and the building textures. They are looking so unreal!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Thats F#*($& EXCELLENT M8!

Ooh thats going to be good for atleast 1000 hours! crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Thanks for making the video, it shows the movements very well!

BTW nice end screen! yay.gif Im famous! yay.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Yes, proper STOL and VTOL is fully supported.  It’s a shame really but FRAPS seems to kill the STOL function and I can’t get Gamecam to work with OFP. Which is a shame because it’s the STOL aspect that I think is the most fun in game.  Especially MP.  Its amazing watching CBFASI, UNN and Messiah doing VTOL landing, taxi around to the ammo trucks then do a STOL take off to go an whack some more tanks!

What wasn't mentioned is the 30+ minute or so spent learning how to fly the Harrier well enough to use vtol in anger, Rock did wonder at first why I preferred to fly the Harrier as a standard plne only using STOL/VTOL when back at base.

Landing on Hermes or Invincible was (and still is) a very tough challange, but then doing it for real I suspect is tough too.

Guest RKSL-Rock
What wasn't mentioned is the 30+ minute or so spent learning how to fly the Harrier well enough to use vtol in anger, Rock did wonder at first why I preferred to fly the Harrier as a standard plne only using STOL/VTOL when back at base.

Landing on Hermes or Invincible was (and still is) a very tough challange, but then doing it for real I suspect is tough too.

LMAO, its not that hard just takes some practice. Once you are familiar with how the plane handles you can judge the approaches and then its just a case of using the nozzles and airbrake at the right time to get into a hove along side the deck.

Admit it though, you had fun learning to fly it!

Definate fun and I hope that the experiance is the same if not better in ArmA..

Quote[/b] ]As promised:

VTOL From a Distance - Dancing Harrier- Video Download 17.7mb WMV Format @ RKSL Studios

Well done.

This video is very impressive, your system is very promising. Congrats to everyone involved in this project.

Could this VTOL/STOL system be applied to a V22 Osprey ?