Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Script error log/dumpfile

I'm porting missions over to ArmA, and yes, most of them still use SQS scripts instead of SQF scripts--but I'll get around to that later.

As you can guess, I'm getting a lot of errors since they've changed some functions, i.e. {} for code and call compile for string code.

Is there some way to have Arma dump the errors into a logfile so I can see the entire lines of code that are erroring out?  As it is, most of it runs off the screen so quickly that I can't make it out.

Also, couple of other questions--

I have this line of code:

Quote[/b] ]

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE; publicVariable "%1Obj%2"",_side,_ns]

I was using {} inside some of these, but now I have to go to quotes.  Inside this, do I need double quotes now for the publicvariable?  I just can't remember and this particular mission uses a LOT of call compile strings for dynamic variables.

I do believe inside quotes, you have to use double quotes. It's the same deal in description/config files.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE; publicVariable ""%1Obj%2""",_side,_ns]

Ah, and it makes sense. This is because OFP(or ArmA) think the string ends when it sees a quotation mark followed by somethign else. But when there's two together, it nows that's its a string within a string. So yes, you need to use my example.

Without experimenting i noticed something wrong on the format there.

I think it should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns]; publicVariable "%1Obj%2";

Without experimenting i noticed something wrong on the format there.

I think it should be:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns]; publicVariable "%1Obj%2";

What?! Nonono. Why would you put publicvariable after format? Then the engine doesn't know what %1 and %2 is. %1 and %2 are the variables _side and _ns. That's why it's in Format. Your version wont work at all.

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns]; publicVariable "%1Obj%2";

Well put it inside, but after the first set of "" anyways.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns; publicVariable "%1Obj%2"];

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns]; publicVariable "%1Obj%2";

Well put it inside, but after the first set of "" anyways.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE",_side,_ns; publicVariable "%1Obj%2"];

No, that will still not work. Now you're trying to put that line of code as a %3.

This code WILL work.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE; publicVariable ""%1Obj%2""",_side,_ns]

You need it inside the quotes.

The code you input there zig its the one he says it doesnt work...

Look again. I put more quotation marks, so ArmA doesnt confuse it with the string ending.

call compile format ["%1Obj%2 = TRUE; publicVariable <span style='color:red'>""</span>%1Obj%2<span style='color:red'>"""</span>,_side,_ns]