txalin

William Porter's Blog

Highly doubt they wanted to keep it a secret anyway.

Highly doubt they wanted to keep it a secret anyway.

I was talking about me and few other people... confused_o.gif

Why would you want to keep it a secret between you a few others when we could all enjoy it?

Ontopic: The map looks pretty good but I was picturing it as bigger because from my point of view it looks kind of small. Although they could be zoomed out further than I think.

Why would you want to keep it a secret between you a few others when we could all enjoy it?

Ontopic: The map looks pretty good but I was picturing it as bigger because from my point of view it looks kind of small. Although they could be zoomed out further than I think.

Quote[/b] ]As for the political situation, the island is split into two countries. The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">qft

What?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Kyle is a n00b anyway

Offtopic, and downright immature.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Kyle is pissed that he didn't get the credit for finding it "first"!

No I'm pissed because I can't trust anyone and it's no longer a secret thanks to you loudmouths and you ruined all of the fun...

what about disscuding about the blog? wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">qft

What?

Quote for truth thumbs-up.gif

What's with the login?? I thought maybe it was a wacky way to sign up for email news or something but it appears to be a bonifide login.

Quote[/b] ]As for the political situation, the island is split into two countries. The south part is where we are, and the north part belongs to a old-style communist holdover from the Cold War called the ‘Democratic Republic of Sahrani’ which is actually not far from here on another bunch of islands.

I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.

wink_o.gif

What?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Kyle is a n00b anyway

Offtopic, and downright immature.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Kyle is pissed that he didn't get the credit for finding it "first"!

No I'm pissed because I can't trust anyone and it's no longer a secret thanks to you loudmouths and you ruined all of the fun...

Why would you want to keep it to yourself? What fun?   icon_rolleyes.gif

And loudmouths?...I believe the proper term is NewsSite. News Sites typiclly inform people of what is found. And im sure that BIS made that page be found, they wanted it found. It's just a trick BIS plays with community. Now enough of this, talk about the blog.  Btw- Keeping stuff to your self that is meant to be found by others as well is selfish and mean. Why didn't you want to share with the rest of the community? Good thing people have other sources then you or nobody would know anything. whistle.gif

Anyway I think this was a great idea by BIS! Very cool and unique! Thanks! notworthy.gif

there's a little land mass that connects 2 parts of the island...a nice defense scenario would be having a few bunkers there with hedgehogs, mines, and booby traps there.

Quote[/b] ]

Why would you want to keep it to yourself? What fun? icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm guessing maybe he's worried that a bunch of dummies will go in there and start posting "OMG WHEN"S IT COMMING OUT!?"" type comments as responses to the posts. If you look, at the moment (almost) all the responses are "in character." Anyway, that's the only good reason I can think of.

BTW, someone needs to make sure to save a copy of this blog so we and others can look back on it in years to come as part of the "pre-release hype." wink_o.gif

Blogvertising?

Can anyone else list some games (if any) that used blogs to spread information about their games?

I like this Porter guy already. I'm hoping that he's one of the soldiers we play as.

I can't wait to see the one where he goes "I switched characters into a tank gunner today, fired off a few sabot rounds for fun. Then, I changed into my sniper body and shot all the targets on the firing range. Damn, it's great having multiple bodies."

How realistic. icon_rolleyes.gif

CameronMcDonald please refrain from trolling, there is a thread where you can complain about the feature that you know little about and haven't tried yet, to your heart's content.

Sorry mate (I suppose I have spleened everywhere already). I do, however, like the blog feature - quite refreshing!

he's worried that a bunch of dummies will go in there and start posting "OMG WHEN"S IT COMMING OUT!?"" type comments as responses to the posts. If you look, at the moment (almost) all the responses are "in character." Anyway, that's the only good reason I can think of.

It actually took some effort to think of a comment that fitted in the "in character "comment...

Say, maybe we get selected as beta testers now... aaah, the dreams tounge2.gif .

Well in the blog there some information its not the entire area in the picture.

Quote[/b] ]I don’t have a map of the whole area, but I’ve posted what I do have here. If anyone has a bigger map with more of the local islands, feel free to post it in the comments.
Maybe Its even bigger o_o

That "blog" is a very good idea to introduce Armed Assault.

Some nice new (old ? wink_o.gif ) informations there.