caz

Guide to on-line play for noobs

this might seem quite stupid to ask but because of the versions issue:

which cd should i load to mp res online?

which cd should i load to mp cwc online?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ADOY @ Oct. 03 2002,07:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">which cd should i load to mp res online?

which cd should i load to mp cwc online?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ADOY @ Oct. 03 2002,07:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ase or gamespy arcade?

have you made a serious attempt to rate both.

gamespy arcade looks easy and can cost nothing

ase is not free<span id='postcolor'>

ASE.

Ase works better and faster. It has no chat rooms which means no morons spamming hack sites and a bunch of 10 year olds bitching at eachother.

ASE is easy to use and free. (free trial version works just fine)

Hi, I have a question.....

When entering in some servers, I as a player, can vote for missions, is this made by the admin that gives a command like #missions or is this something like the:

"voteMissionPlayers=<number>; How many players must connect to the server for mission selection voting to start automatically.Default: 1" confused.gif?confused.gif??

Maybe its when many players type the #vote missions command??

So my question is:

Can the admin type a command so all the players see the missions list and can vote for the one they like??

Thanks in advance.

When I get lost in a game, I usually go to the map and figure out my grid reference (eg Ee55), then I ask one of my team to come pick me up and give them my co-ordinates. They usually come along in a chopper or a jeep and pick me up. It's kinda cool to be 'rescued'.

Another thing: map markers.

I know that you can create them by double clicking on the map.

Sometimes when the waiting takes long, ppl start writing bogus messages. And then someone removes them one by one.

How is this removing done?

An how do you type other kinds of markers? Arrows, question signs, etc?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hneel @ Mar. 07 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How is this removing done?<span id='postcolor'>

Move the mouse pointer over them and press the delete key smile.gif

very helpfull.

Playing over a LAN is also possible, I know with Win XP if you remove the CD it will play fine, doesnt work with 9x tho (i know crashed all the time) this also works with only one CD code too. i was using 1.46 at the time.

Lans are great fun because you can just shout at ur mate who has just TK'd u and give him a pounding!

Epita

My single piece of advise: Watch others.

You learn the most be watching how other players move, camp, and aim. ie. crouching is something I would have barely picked up on if I hadnt decided to watch the best person on the server when I began playing.

sad that there is no spectator mode in opflash

just played the first time online, this very small ctf map, mokra i think

one of them played custom sounds, like a dirty laughter... is that implemented in the game or in the downloaded mission?

another thing: no ais, very small map (like 2 football fields)... anyway, all party spamming audio with their positions... can i turn that down or do i have to listen to all my colleges?

thx alex

sad that there is no spectator mode in opflash

There is a spectator mode, Kegetys made a spectator script, two coop missions I know of that use it are the ones made for Catshitone's Afghanistan Island (look in user missions).

Quote[/b] ]one of them played custom sounds, like a dirty laughter... is that implemented in the game or in the downloaded mission?

Searching the multiplayer forum for custom sounds will find you many threads that explain how they work, and how annoying most players find them too smile_o.gif

Here's a question from someone who has never touched an OFP multiplayer game. I've got a great system, but it's connected with a 56k modem. What will be the gameplay issues if I try to play a multiplayer game?

Here's a question from someone who has never touched an OFP multiplayer game. I've got a great system, but it's connected with a 56k modem. What will be the gameplay issues if I try to play a multiplayer game?

That really depends on the type of game you want to play online. If you want to play CTF or TDM just for fun it's probably fine because only few players and units are on the map and therefore the amount of data transmitted is not so high. For serious league play the ping is probably not good enough, tho. For coop with many ai units running around 56k is barely enjoyable (again, this depends very much on the actual mission layout). In general: the fewer units on the map, the less data has to be transmitted, and the better the gameplay with slow connections.

I was wondering (hmm, bad spelling) how to make sounds while playing. If u know what i mean.

rock.gif  rock.gif

I was wondering (hmm, bad spelling) how to make sounds while playing. If u know what i mean.

rock.gif  rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Searching the multiplayer forum for custom sounds will find you many threads that explain how they work, and how annoying most players find them too

crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

rock.gif  rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Searching the multiplayer forum for custom sounds will find you many threads that explain how they work, and how annoying most players find them too

crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I dont need help anymore, I have found it out my self.

Thx anyway

I can testify that there are LOTS of newbies out there still, unbelievable I know. A lot of my RL friends are only beginning to play the game now after my encouragement, I'm a veritable OFP propaganda machine. smile_o.gif

Ashame!! sad_o.gif

You are missing a great thing there! I dont want to start a big flaming war here but I may say (personal opinion) that long coop sessions are realy great. You are missing something. It is NOT comparable with playing alone and since patch 1.96 OFP is a smooth online game IF you have the right connection. You should try playing a game online. But chose the server wisely. Dont pick one with too many slots. And make sure it has a good ping. But it is gonna be tough for you. Some might not allow people with a ping bejond 250. The few that remain will/might require addons, those are tough to download for you as well. You should try it at a friends home one day!

newbie here

Can someone explain me why ASE only show me 4 servers for Opf and the ingame browser show more than 300 servers???

Ase works fine for other games like UT or Tribes 2 (show the correct number of severs) but not in Opf.

Thanks.

I really really really recommend OFP Watch to any newbie (and everyone else actually) out there.

It is a server browser which can automatically download and install all addons you need on a given server. It will also check if those addons changed since the last time. It can alarm or automatically connect you when a new game starts. It can start your ofp with the same mods that are running on the server atm. Some servers have several mods installed and run different ones at different times, eg we have wgl, finmod and ecp installed, which you can't really run at once, and ofp watch will always connect you with the correct mod activated.

I think it is one of the best (if not the best) tool to have come out for ofp players.