• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic
Leopardi
Leopardi

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:31 #1

Alright, I want to play the Red Hammer campaign again, but it doesnt work. The intros, conversations are not timed, why? I'd like to play it but it is unplayable, awful intros. How can I fix it?
Posted Image
Asus Crosshair IV Formula | Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3.8GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 OC 2GB | 8192MB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3 | WD Caviar Black 1TB 64MB | Creative X-Fi Titanium HD | Seasonic X-750

void_false
void_false

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 13:32 #2

I believe there's some patch for resistance. I know it is on flashpoint.ru but site is down for me Posted Image Posted Image

CameronMcDonald
CameronMcDonald

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 00:59 #3

Bah, don't play Red Hammer. I recommend you try Peacemaker: Retaliation (using the FFUR 2005/1985 mods, either one is fine). It gives a much more realistic, rounded, better scripted and less biased view than the original Red Hammer - though all due respect to those guys work. Posted Image

Peacemaker: Retaliation (though only one part of the campaign) is what the Soviet missions should be like, IMHO.

Ti0n3r
Ti0n3r

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2860 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:49 #4

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed the RH campaign? Posted Image
:)

wheitmann
wheitmann

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:53 #5

Yes. Posted Image

Beatty
Beatty

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 19:39 #6

No.

CameronMcDonald
CameronMcDonald

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5965 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:04 #7

I enjoyed Red Hammer too - it was good to play as a Soviet. However, I just enjoyed Retaliation much more, as it seemed the Russians were just a tad more... sane.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, Beatty. Posted Image

void_false
void_false

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:23 #8

No.
PPL here dont like Red Hammer because they dont like Codemasters because they had some troubles with BIS.

J W
J W

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:36 #9

No, really play Retaliation.
Some1 said it whats Red Hammer should have been, wich is as right as you can get...

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1907 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 16:07 #10

ideed read hammer camapign was a bit of a let down i was expecting much more but i still enjoyed it and Retallation camapign is magnificant definately worth the 120 odd Mb download

ade_mcc
ade_mcc

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 16:32 #11

Retaliation is a worthwhile download, I agree.

I didn't like Red Hammer, mainly because I found sections of it incredibly hard, despite attempting them in a manner of different ways. The missions were also a bit lack luster and it just didn't have the charm of either cwc or resistance. But this is just my view.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+, K8T Neo 2 Motherboard, 1Gig DDR400 Ram, GeForce 6600 GT 128Meg, 21\" Monitor
----------------------------------
Operation Flashpoint Inspired Game ---> Linky

mp_phonix
mp_phonix

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 15:40 #12

download retaliation, better campaign then "Red Hammer" I'd say . .even the best there is Posted Image

Red hammer is nice, but i expected more when i played it . .some of the missions there are really dumb ! Posted Image

ryankaplan
ryankaplan

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 00:23 #13

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them). I enjoyed the missions, but hated the hollywood story.
\"Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than about peace, more about killing than we know about living.\" Omar Nelson Bradley

oyman
oyman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 00:41 #14

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them). I enjoyed the missions, but hated the hollywood story.

codemasters made it not BIS i think Posted Image

Placebo
Placebo

Retired Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts
  • LocationVisby, Gotland, Sweden

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:20 #15

red hammer was a load of bollocks, typical of czechs to never right or create or draw anything good about russians (understandably, given their history with them).

Please check your facts before slinging mud.

codemasters made it not BIS i think Posted Image

Indeed.

Fully retired from all forum/community related aspects so please don't contact me unless it's an emergency and nobody else will talk to you :)

Ti0n3r
Ti0n3r

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2860 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:23 #16

I felt I had to stick my noise in here and give you my opinion.

I think RH is a very good campaign, just as good as the best usermade ones. I enjoyed all the missions. Sure, the story was a bit stupid. But the missions were quite different from CWC, in a good way. CWC and Resistance focused on realism and story, whilst RH was more about the challenge. I guees you could call it arcade.

Anyone who hasnt played RH should do so right now, even if you think Codemasters are nothing more than a bunch of Ł€$ lovers. Posted Image (and they are)

I hope this wont qualify as spam. Posted Image
:)

XCess
XCess

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 19:25 #17

Red Hammer was a terrible campaign. The pauses between speech were too lomg, and it was simply boring, not to mentioned developed by the enemies of OFP. The only good thing about Red Hammer was that it provided Russian accented voices over radio instead of american.

jakerod
jakerod

CWR² Developer

• Members
  • 4433 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:22 #18

I always enjoyed the mission where you got to set up defenses in Montignac.
“[…] today's high tech wars don't seem to have as much potential for a good game as the conventional infantry / armour / aircraft war has. No other period offers such a huge selection of military equipment […]” -Marek Spanel, on the topic of the Cold War in video games

The Green Sea Expansion Project

oyman
oyman

Sergeant

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:13 #19

I always enjoyed the mission where you got to set up defenses in Montignac.

ya I think thats the only good mission in the whole campiagn Posted Image

-Grenadier-
-Grenadier-

Private First Class

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:15 #20

I thought Red Hammer was a good campaign. It's not quite as good as the BIS ones, but it's definitely well-made and professionally done (even if some of the cutscenes are messed up on the current version of OFP)

I thought some of the missions were quite creative, too. Especially the last one.

And those complaining about difficulty, have you actually tried that Retaliation campaign!? Yes it's very well done but it was so impossible I gave up on the second mission (where you have to escape from about 50 armed guys on your own. Seriously...) Meanwhile, I finished Red Hammer although I did have trouble on a few missions, "Rage" in particular.