• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic
hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 16:00 #1

For some time now I have been exploring ways to bring your PC missions to the XBOX. Atlast I am pleased to be able to bring you these tools and process to make it happen. I'm at the point now where I can't test everything, others will need to test these proccess and improve in areas where I am unable to contribute. I hope you have as much fun as I have playing my pc missions! Posted Image

OFP:Elite Tools
ChangeUser.exe - is a dos tool that allows you to change the profile name of the OFP:Elite xbox save. This is useful if you don't want to create the ARmissions profile to play your newly downloaded xbox save.

Updated version see below

Makemission.exe - This tool will create most of the parts of the OPF:Elite save file. You will still need to plunk your mymission.pbo inside the directory along with saveimage.xbx. (saveimage.xbx is located in the makemission zip file)

Updated version see below

Preparing your PC Mission
Before you begin read over some of the considerations.
Considerations for Porting missions to OFP:E

Porting your Mission

A tutorial on porting your mission over.

Tutorial On Porting PC missions to OFP:E

The xboxhelper addon. Since OFPEC is down at the moment.
Xbox Helper Addon for the PC

Or you can get the whole package here.

All the tools in one zip
Example Mission (User profile is ARmissions)

Example Mission - TheBeach

Many thanks to MikeRo who never gave up helping me, even though he doesn't even own an Xbox. Thanks to many of the people at OFPEC and the people who tested the initial missions that never worked.

I forgot to mention you don't need a modified xbox. Hopefully once OFPEC is back up they will begin accepting xbox missions.

Edit Added Updated tools.

MissionMaker has been updated to allow for spaces in the profile name. It will also now generate a SP mission, where as the old version would not.
MakeMission <Filename[.pbo]> Profilename MissionType
Example syntax
MakeMission TheBeach.Eden Hoz M

MakeMission V1.3

Changeuser has also been updated for the space in the profilename. Thanks to maxqubit for having a space in your name. Posted Image
ChangeUserV1.23

Derapify Updated and now you can export any OFP:Elite mission and edit in the PC editor. This should make it easier to develop templates from the BIS ones.
Derapify v1.7

Editing/Modding/Scripting question? Head on over to OFPEC

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 16:50 #2

Appreciating the work done. Although i don't think i personally will dive into this. I have only one life and there are only 24 hours in 1 day:)

One question from me. Is it possible (or do you think it will be possible in the future) to export a true xbox mission to the pc, run it thru the pc-editor (and modify things which are not possible in the xbox mission editor) and transfer it back to the xbox?
New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 16:58 #3

Quote[/b] ]One question from me. Is it possible (or do you think it will be possible in the future) to export a true xbox mission to the pc, run it thru the pc-editor (and modify things which are not possible in the xbox mission editor) and transfer it back to the xbox?

There is a tool that will derapify the ofp:e. Its called derapify. Posted Image

This tool lets you derap the xbox mission. however at this time there is no way to rerap it back up again. In fact the derap will fail occasionally, its not perfect just yet. It was available at OFPEC I'll see if I can find it here. I too have wanted to edit those MP templates and try to add a couple more AI planes to the dog fight mission or helos. In fact this is where this whole process shines in converting the PC missions to the xbox. IF you create some different templates you can easily then just edit the template within the xbox editor.

Edit:
See first post for Derapify.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 17:14 #4

Wait, wait, wait ...

Do i understand correctly that it is/could-now-be possible to create a kind of template on PC, transfer it to Xbox and then modify it further on Xbox?

E.g. i want a MP/CO-OP 'Target' template, where the mission ends when eliminating the target. Is the idea to create this template on pc, transfer it to xbox and then actually make/fill-in the mission on Xbox?

If yes, that would be great!
New music clip Max Qubit - Stars | OFP:Elite's Battle at Le Port 60.000+ views, 9/10 rating (mission editor) | Soundclick

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 17:18 #5

That is a possibility yes.

Grimnirsson
Grimnirsson

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 18:01 #6

Thanks for all the work on this hoz - great things to come I suppose. Alas my PC is not fast enuff for OPF, so I hope to get the new templates for further use in the Xbox editor. What would be great is having the Resistance as either on the Russian or the Nato side, more open MP templates etc..

Do I understand it right, that we can also expect one day to transfer the mods (e.g. WWII) of the PC version over to the box? That would be awesome!
Posted Image

Several missions for Xbox available on our site! Go to:
http://www.homefront...shpoint1_e.html

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 18:48 #7

Hoz (and your helpers) Posted Image

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 18:55 #8

Quote[/b] ]Do I understand it right, that we can also expect one day to transfer the mods (e.g. WWII) of the PC version over to the box? That would be awesome!

While it maybe possible to add addons and mods i would not expect much in this area. I have not played at all with this my main interest has been to play my missions I created on the PC on my xbox.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:18 #9

Hoz,

To get things going for me:

My idea is to have/create on PC a MP/COOP 'Target' template, which i transfer to Xbox and then edit with the Xbox/OFPE Mission Editor.

My question:

Is there out there a very basic MP/COOP 'Target' template for OFP with which i can start (so i don't have to invent the wheel again).

Perhaps it is already in OFP, or else perhaps it exists as a download somewhere

Tia

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 14:25 #10

I don't have an template to work from no. But I'll see if i can come up with one. The PC OFP has many templates might want to try one of these. I have done some searches for Templates but what I found was they weren't very popular on the PC. Theres a tool called OFP Template maker, which I've been trying to locate to see if it would work.

Grimnirsson
Grimnirsson

Staff Sergeant

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 14:47 #11

What we need on the xbox are more flexible templates for designing real battle missions - all the death match nonsense makes up too much room for the MP anyway. We need the option to play as the Russians, Co-OP and otherwise, so we can try to see the story from the other side.

And hoz, do you think it would be possible to get more vehicles and other stuff for the xbox editor, too?
Posted Image

Several missions for Xbox available on our site! Go to:
http://www.homefront...shpoint1_e.html

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 15:30 #12

As I stated above. I don't have time to do everything, I'm really hoping someone will pick on these ideas of templates and run with it. This really doesn't interest me since I can design the entire mission on the PC and play it on the xbox.

And as far as addons go, there is no way yet to add addons.
Many of the addon won't work even if you can get them into ofp becuase of suttle model differences between version. I'm definetly no addon guy and haven't spent any time at all on it. But those who have, said while its possible the addons probally need to be upgraded for the xbox version. As u might of noticed there are not many of the PC people playing the xbox version and this will definetly be reflected in the addons available for the xbox.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 16:15 #13

Hoz, completly understandable you don't have (enough) time, being on limited time myself. Np. Anyway, your posts are more than welcome anytime:)

I will have a shot at making/creating some extra MP COOP templates. If that works i could upload them as ARmissions, so everyone with AR can have access to these new templates, thus creating some homebrew DLC:)

But as i said, i'm on very limited time myself:)

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 16:27 #14

I found the OFP TemplateMaker at OFP.info. If anyone is interested this is where you can get it.

I've found that porting well made PC missions to the xbox is the easiest. It doesn't take long once you've done it a few times and get the hang of it. It's best to pick missions without addons and complicated scripts.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 16:59 #15

Back at home, already playing with the OFP editor. I feel the power at my fingertips but i know it will cost me nightrest BIG TIME:)

It helps i'm a programmer myself but it certainly isn't stuff for the layman;)

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:12 #16

Hoz

I have this prob.

Q. I can see my mission but when I choose to play that mission the number of players is -1 what gives?
A. OFP:Elite cannot find the pbo file. The mission.par and header.bin files are of good quality.

But my pbo is there. Dir structure and refs look like your TheBeach

Your TheBeach works, mine doesn't. Of course i missed something, but i think i followed the CreatePBO, MakeMission, ChangeUser route ok.

Btw, i noticed i CAN'T edit TheBeach (missing parms.desc.UNIT or something)

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 14:54 #17

Quote[/b] ]Q. I can see my mission but when I choose to play that mission the number of players is -1 what gives?
A. OFP:Elite cannot find the pbo file. The mission.par and header.bin files are of good quality.

But my pbo is there. Dir structure and refs look like your TheBeach

Is the template within the root of mission save? Paste the line form mission.par that says template="". A dir listing of the folder might be helpful. Remember capitalized letters can also make the difference.

Quote[/b] ]Btw, i noticed i CAN'T edit TheBeach (missing parms.desc.UNIT or something)

Because I didn't experiment with templates I did not encounter this. But the fix would be to unpbo a template and then include the nessecary .UNIT files for your mission.

maxqubit
maxqubit

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 16:13 #18

Hoz, dl my Mission1 save (not working -1/-1 error) at http://www.maxqubit.com/mission1.zip

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 16:34 #19

Ok at first glance it looks ok.
Although I see these things that aren't correct...
You've included makemission.exe in side the pbo file. Not required. Posted Image

in the description.ext you include two headers you need the one that suits the mission. Only 1.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">
class Header
{
gameType = COOP;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 6;
};

class Header
{
gameType = TEAM;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 6;
};
[/QUOTE]

I'll load it up here in asec and see if i can see the problem.

Uziyahu--IDF
Uziyahu--IDF

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1504 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 17:07 #20

Many thanks for all of your hard work, hoz!

Are simple scripts like cam-creating explosive rounds possible?

Will OFP:E recognize triggers and synchs, if you have them in the PC mission and then port them over?
One of the OFP "Veterans"