105 replies to this topic
Maruk
Maruk

BI, CEO

• BI Developer
  • 1112 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:37

Combat

* You can hold your breath for a couple of seconds to stabilize your weapon aim in the game to aim more accurately? (Slightly press and the firing trigger before you fully press it to fire).

* When you are tired, your aim is less stable and you run slower. Your aiming precision is also influenced by your health status and posture.

* Ballistics (and even bullet deflection (ricochets) for machine guns) are accuratelly simulated in the game.

* There are indicators on corners of the screen to give you realistic sutuation awarness (eye and ear based).

* When you're hit and you don't immediately die (not that this is too likely on higher difficulty settings) the position of red spot on screens can help you to identify direction of the incoming fire.

* You can lean when you're not moving and you can look around during movement.

Misc

* If you see a distant explosion or shot, it takes a while until you hear it as well as light travels faster than sound.

Environmental

* There are real star constellations and moon phases.

* The sea has fully simulated tides. Wave size and pattern change according to weather conditions at sea.

* Walking across the island on foot from one end to the other takes 45 minutes real time.

* As time passes, weather and daytime changes influence scene lighting and shadowing as in the real world.

* Church bells ring on each hour and if you listen properly you can count number of rings to find out the time.

* Trees, bushes and grass not only sway in the wind but are also influenced by nearby landing helicopters.

* There are flies, honey-bees, and even dragonflies, mosquitoes or butterflies flying around.

* Seagulls fly mostly near the sea. You can spot a hawk, if you're lucky.

* When you move from a brightly lit area into a dark area, you are unable to see well until your eyes have adjusted to the light.

* There is wind (and sometimes even snow) on the hill tops.

* It's possible to see a rainbow in the game, with the proper combination of rain and sun.

Hi Tech

* HDR (High Definition Range) rendering is implemented to allow good dynamic range of the image in various daytime conditions.

* Similar system to HDR is also implemented for sound so you can hear well low volume sounds in quite areas and also large explosions during combat.

* AI can do everything that you can do. AI can also be mixed in with humans when playing multiplayer (as bots and opponents).

Technical Support

* You can configure your Xbox to run at 60Hz for smoother gameplay on most modern PAL TVs

* You can play the game in 480p mode for maximum quality on HDTV compliant televisions (NTSC US Xbox and proper cables and HDTV AV pack required)

* You can switch to joystick and driving wheel in addition to the game pad at any time for a more simulator like experience.

* You can connect a sound system and experience 3d Dolby® Digital sound (HDTV AV pack required).

* Certain TVs have a feature which automatically averages sound volume and image brightness - for optimum gameplay it's best to turn it off.
Marek Spanel - CEO www.bistudio.com

Espectro
Espectro

Evil m00-c0w

• Members
  • 3404 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 12:07

Looks quite interesting... I didnt know that it took time to adjust your eyes in extreme lightning conditions... Very nice add!
http://www.footballpredictor.eu - sports betting made easy!
\"A man without religion, is like a fish without a bicycle\"

Heatseeker
Heatseeker

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5191 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 14:07

Quote[/b] ]* There is wind (and sometimes even snow) on the hill tops.

I like the sound of that, have also seen a working lighthouse in some pics Posted Image .

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 17:48

* There are indicators on corners of the screen to give you realistic sutuation awarness (eye and ear based).

Is this the beeping i occasionally hear? I thought the smoke detector battery needed changed I only hear it once and a while, maybe i have the surround sound sytem too low.
Posted Image
Editing/Modding/Scripting question? Head on over to OFPEC

MattXR
MattXR

Captain

• Members
  • 6026 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 17:49

* Walking across the island on foot from one end to the other takes 45 minutes real time.

now i would of hated testing this feature lol i wounder who had to find the time.. and which island is it? Posted Image

MattXR ( MxR )
Posted Image
Check out my Twitter BIS Fans and Sub! :)
-- MRKCCO Twitter --

Kegetys
Kegetys

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2752 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 18:07

* There are real star constellations and moon phases.

How about solar and lunar eclipses? These are missing from the PC OFP Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Uziyahu--IDF
Uziyahu--IDF

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1504 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 18:10

If you look at falling flares it will ruin your night-vision for a few seconds, too. RadiomanUSMC pointed that out to me.

And the ricochets are AWESOME! Love 'em! I assume that they aren't just cosmetic, because I thought I saw an explosive round ricochet and then explode somewhere else. This is a great improvement to the game, because it makes the machineguns better area suppression weapons.
One of the OFP "Veterans"

harley 3 1185
harley 3 1185

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 18:16

Can you bounce grenades on OFP:E - I always found that a glaring deficiency in original (unmodified) OFP?
Historian for Operation Somme.  Executive Assistant Historical Consultant for House Divided.  Working for a more accurate yesterday...

Posted Image

British troops assaulting the Home Office where in excess of 1,000 criminals, commonly known as \"Civil Servants\" are in hiding.

Red Oct
Red Oct

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2484 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 19:07

Can you bounce grenades on OFP:E - I always found that a glaring deficiency in original (unmodified) OFP?

YEP! one of the best new features. too bad i found out about the hard way when i went to toss on in a forest and bounced back at my feet. Posted Image
___
It takes 14 puppeteers to make Vin Diesel smile, but only 2 to make him destroy an orphanage.

Espectro
Espectro

Evil m00-c0w

• Members
  • 3404 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 19:51

YEP! one of the best new features. too bad i found out about the hard way when i went to toss on in a forest and bounced back at my feet. Posted Image

Are you serious?
Its a fuse now? So you can bounce it off buildings?
http://www.footballpredictor.eu - sports betting made easy!
\"A man without religion, is like a fish without a bicycle\"

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 20:45

Are you serious?
Its a fuse now? So you can bounce it off buildings?

It sure does bounce, it has a new sound too. I thought it sounded like a tank blast at first but you get used to it.

KEVBAZ
KEVBAZ

First Sergeant

• Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 22:10

only the yank grenades though, the russions are impact grens.

im sure i mentioned it when i first got the g ame
£2162.30 Raised for Help for Heroes :)
http://www.justgivin.../yomping4heroes

Chipper
Chipper

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 00:41

When you throw a US nade at the roof of a building it will slide down to the ground instead of blowing up inside like the PC one.

TheBladeRoden
TheBladeRoden

Lance Corporal

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:07

All these features are getting put into ArmA right?

Llauma
Llauma

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2328 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:33

Of course, unless they come up with a better option.
I hate it

Dowie100
Dowie100

Corporal

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 16:46

brillant, but please Arma info as well, we really do feel left out
The best game coming out in 2006. Full Stop!

http://www.bistudio....ess_Update.html

gandalf the white
gandalf the white

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 1655 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 17:20

I cannot wait till I see some CSS guys run after the end of a rainbow Posted Image

SpongeBob
SpongeBob

Master Sergeant

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 20:11

Do the church bells ring at 2 in the morning as well? Posted Image I hope not.

hoz
hoz

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 1276 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 18:56

Quote[/b] ]
* AI can do everything that you can do. AI can also be mixed in with humans when playing multiplayer (as bots and opponents).

I haven't seen the AI lean. Do/can they?

Journeyman
Journeyman

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 22:25

Thanks Maruk for that Xbox info.

But please ....some ARMA info soon!! Posted Image
... Formerly Red kite.