Goeth

FDF Mod

Well the topic title and description says it all. We inside FDF mod dev team decided to put this mod and our WW2 expansion on halt. Reasons behind this is our shrinking team and second most important reason is lost of motivation.

We are sorry for those who eagerly waited for the WW2 expansion, the expansion was about 80% done when we decided to stop. Also we had 1.31 patch 95% ready but never got the motivation to test it or distribute it.

Few words about future plans. As all Flashpoint fans are aware the new Armed Assault is coming soon, we at FDF dev team are also waiting for the new game to arrive and we are pretty sure that we continue our work when the game hits the shelves.

Feel free to drop comments or questions here on this topic.

Regards

FDF mod dev team.

Quote[/b] ]We are sorry for those who eagerly waited for the WW2 expansion, the expansion was about 80% done when we decided to stop.

Is it worth asking to release it anyways as is?

Well good luck and thanks for the whole stuff you've done for the community wink_o.gif

Can't wait to see you in ArmA

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Is it worth asking to release it anyways as is?

Well let´s just leave the WW2 stuff to Armed Assault. wink_o.gif

Sad new , but totally understandable.

Thank you for all the OFP high quality work you provided to the community with the FDF mod.

That's unfortunate. FDF is by far my favorite mod for OFP. Being the only one that balances the economy of performance with interesting and useful features.

The sounds for FDF were easily the best in the community and that in itself provided an experience that no other could rival.

So I'm happy with the FDF I have and hopefully we'll see more of it when ArmA comes around.

See you then.

I´m very sorry to hear that.

FDF made me play OFP over some time.

It´s sad that WW2 isn´t released before ArAs, but I

can understand your problems. If you should need any

help on mission editing or soundstuff, let me know.

I´d gladly help you.

Thx for the great FDF mod and I´m awaiting WW2 the same

day as ArAs biggrin_o.giftounge2.gifwink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Well thank you everyone at FDF mod. REALLY enjoyed this expansion to the game. I didnt even know Finland existed. Till I downloaded the mod. Thanks brothers at FDF mod. See yas elseware

confused_o.gif

I`m so sad now....

Thx for all FDF-Mod people!

Hope when Armed Assault comes out we get news from u.

notworthy.gif

Argh, sad news, i really love those screens from ww2 mod, anyway we have fdf 1.3 to play with, one of the best mod out there.

PD: Keep on working, and when bis will release Armed assault u do the same with 1.31 and your ww2 patch tounge2.gif

Sad news... sad_o.gif

Big thanks to the whole FDF crew for all the talent they've put into their incredible mod...

sad_o.gif

fdf is lovely. and was looking forward to the ww2 mod.

that said you have made amazing work already. brilliant in fact. so tahnks.

cheers smile_o.gif

PS - i only noticed the fact that 1.31 was 95% done. :cries:

Thanks FDF team for all your efforts !!! Hope to see you guys more inspired with ArmA. Your mods are incredible !!!!! Please continue your excellent work

I'm sorry after your releasing some of the best things ever made for flashpoint that we all can't seem to motivate you a bit more, but speaking for myself, I really do appreciate all you've done for the game, it really has made playing flashpoint a whole lot more enjoyable, & it's been nice to "step inside" the finnish army, something I would have known little about having never seen FDF. I'm eagerly awaiting AA & I'm sure anything you people put out for it, whether it be FDF or whatever you may call it, will be excellent. Keep up the good work.

It began with one Pasi, one RK62. And that expanded to almost the whole FDF arsenal. You guys have been doing a good job. I've seen you guys doing really A-quality stuff. You always brought up something special, that no other mod had. Yeah, every mod has to fancy ass textured tanks and vehicles, but I bet they don't have a axe or portable Jerry cans. You guys put up a great effort, and it shows. I wouldn't mind even if you guys stopped working all together. We have now a working package which includes many, many units to play with. But, if you are going to take up the challenge and face ArmA, I'll be cheering with you guys!

biggrin_o.gif

A great loss yet again, first BAS and now FDF sad_o.gif

Hope you'll get back when ArmA arrives.

I have only played a minimum of FDF but the quality/quantity of work is beyond reproach. I fully understand/agree with your decision to halt progress. I myself, although not part of a mod team or released anything worthy of mention, have retired from all OFP except to gloss over the forums to keep up with the news. Almost as soon as news of ArmA was released, my 4 year obsession with OFP began to fade. Hope to see you all on the frontline again at the end of the year. Good work FDF.

Cap.

Sad news indeed, FDF mod gave my best OFP moments ever and really apreciate all the great work you guys did for the community... Will your addons, forums and the FDF-site be availiable while we wait for ArmA?

I have only played a minimum of FDF but the quality/quantity of work is beyond reproach. I fully understand/agree with your decision to halt progress. I myself, although not part of a mod team or released anything worthy of mention, have retired from all OFP except to gloss over the forums to keep up with the news. Almost as soon as news of ArmA was released, my 4 year obsession with OFP began to fade. Hope to see you all on the frontline again at the end of the year. Good work FDF.

Cap.

x2 smile_o.gif

Will your addons, forums and the FDF-site be availiable while we wait for ArmA?

Yes. Although we can't mirror bigger releases by ourselves, I think 1.3 and later packs will be easily found from the net in near future too. Forums are hosted by blackdog, huge thankyousir for his excellent services. Site is hosted by one Finnish magazine and not in immediate danger of extinction. So it stays pretty much same as earlier.