Sign in to follow this  
gandalf the white

Turning OFP into your favourite game!

wargames island replacement are just as much a mod as any of the other big ones. they might not replace any units, but they replace the default OFP environment, and in a way second to none. it totally changes the way playing the game looks, which ends up making it feel almost like a whole other game. if completely making the default islands awesome isn't a MOD, i don't know what is.

give me an url and i'll "look into it" smile_o.gif . Do they also change the intro's for each island?

Also, dont post the link to a zip, a thread or newspost will be fine.

give me an url and i'll "look into it" smile_o.gif . Do they also change the intro's for each island?

Also, dont post the link to a zip, a thread or newspost will be fine.

just put the URL of the incoming FFUR woodland pack v5.0 because it will use these islands instead of BIS ones wink_o.gif

Perhaps you can add Revolt 1998 to the campaign list as its the best Tonal campaign I've seen.

Hello, I am very new to this game but think it is the best game ever made (the little details like correct road signs and changing weather conditions make it special)

So far i have been ok at adding addons such as new planes and tanks (just drop .pbo file into folder and away it goes biggrin_o.gif )

Just now I downloaded some addons to make the game look nicer, the flash 2.0 effects pack and the Orcs effects packs which from the screenshots look awsome. When I place the .pbo files into the addons folder nothing occurs next time I play the game. Do I have to edit a file (.bat or .ini) or similar in order to enable these mods?? crazy_o.gif

Also one of them asks me to shortcut the .exe file and add an extension in the target box. when I hit ok an message pops up and says "No"

Any help for a newb will be great as I would love to improve the visual effects on this game.

In the "Target" box in the properties menu, you need to add..

-mod=TheFolderName

Add it, not overwrite

You don't need to edit any files, just the shortcut path

Then, they should show up

- Ben

Edit : OFP_Shortcut.jpg

Thankyou very kindly DBR_ONIX, i added the "-mod=FlashFX -nosplash" and that seemed to work well, but I still do not see the visual improvements shown in the screen shots for the addon (like rotor wash on helicopters and the impressive looking tank muzzle flash when using in full mission builder). So far I have only put the .pbo files into my flashpoint addons directory. In the zip file there is also files called "editable config.cpp" and "config.bin". To get the addon to work properly do I need to put these somewhere?? Do I need to swap this .bin file with my existing .bin file.

sorry to sound dumb but this is the first game I have ever added mods to a game and some readme files are not always clear to a new person.

Well, if you've installed correctly the patch 1.96 then just wait a bit for the upcoming FFUR releases which will bring several enhancements to OFP.

For more informations : www.FFUR.net

Each pack's folder will have its own readme and install- Instructions.

welcome.gif

Regards

TB84

thanks for the reply.......everyone seems very helpful in this forum, however when I said "works well" i meant just the bit about being able to rename the .exe.(ha - ha) I still see absolutely no changes to what the default patched 1.96 (i have goty edition) game lookslike....think the addon is not working from the way I have installed it but I cannot work out why. In the addon zip file there is a .bin file and a .cfg file....do I need to do anything with these?

rofl.gif heh-heh....no Im not German, Im definitely English (unless theres something my Mum and Dad have kept quiet for a long time) I just use that name which originated from my time in the Il2 Sturmovik forums.....I just keep the name as its easy to remember.

In the ORCS effects pack it has an identical .pbo file to the Flash FX pack for adding called "ICP_EFEECTS.pbo"

In the ORCS readme, here is a quote

=Effects for tanks=-

(detonation, burning, flame from the barrel)

[this] exec "\ICP_effects\tank.sqs"

Is this something I have to type in somewhere to get the game to use the "ICP" effects and not the standard gme effects?

Hm , well following the fact you play ofp since only few days I think it would be better to avoid editing the cpp , except if you're really determinated though... smile_o.gif

So if you wish incorporating ORCS Tanks effects , open the editable config then look for :

Quote[/b] ]class Tank:LandVehicle

... watch carefully the bottom of this class in the goal to get the following line :

Quote[/b] ]class eventhandlers

once found copy and paste the following lines :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EventHandlers

{

init = "_this exec ""\ICP_effects\tank.sqs""";

};

... instead of

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec {\nmod_effects\Tcheckarray.sqs}; (_this select 0) exec ""\nmod_effects\dust.sqs""; _this exec ""\ICP_effects\tankstvol\tankstvol.sqs""";

killed="(_this select 0) exec {\nmod_effects\DKMM_RSC_Veh_burner.sqs}";

fired="[_this] exec {\nmod_effects\bulletstart.sqs}; _this exec ""\Nmod_effects\tracers.sqs""; _this call loadFile {\nmod_effects\shilkasmoke.sqf}";

};

and if you'd like to make a combination of both of them (ORCS Tanks explosions / Tracers / Smoke )

Copy and paste the following lines

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

init="_this exec {\nmod_effects\Tcheckarray.sqs}; (_this select 0) exec ""\nmod_effects\dust.sqs""; _this exec ""\ICP_effects\tank.sqs""";

fired="[_this] exec {\nmod_effects\bulletstart.sqs}; _this exec ""\Nmod_effects\tracers.sqs""; _this call loadFile {\nmod_effects\shilkasmoke.sqf}";

};

... don't forget to convert the cpp to .bin using this tool.

If you'd encounter some difficults to carry out this work then just wait a bit for the upcoming FFUR packs which will use a lot of nice and unlagy effects , mainly based on the FlashFx ones though.

wink_o.gif

Kind Regards

Thunderbird84

hi all, having played most online fps and being dissapointed in bf2, i bought myself ofp goty....5 years late but hey biggrin_o.gif

having browsed these forums for a while and being a 41 yr old noob, i have the game patched and have been reading about the various addons available, what in your opinion are the best addons that make the game look a little better?

what are the must have addons?

all the games that have been released recently look great but have no team based play.......are there servers out there that welcome the not so good?

many thanks help.gif

As for online teambased play stuff, the only way to get a decent game really is joining a squad, and I'm sure most squads will welcome "the not so good" tounge2.gif

As for must-have addons.. Assuming you have an okay PC, DXDLL, though not really an addon, it's a huge improvement.. As for acctual addons ( icon_rolleyes.gif ), it's either a matter of personal taste, or what (if you join one) your squad uses. Chances are it'll be the FDF Mod (Finnish Defence Forces mod), or ECP and a collection of addons

FDF is probobaly the biggest/best mod-mod (I.e things like Y2K3 and FFUR use existing addons, but all the FDF things were made by the FDF team), which I think it linked to on the first page of this thread..

Or, just prod around www.ofp.info and download anything that interests you, and look at www.ofpec.com for mission editing tutorials (It's way simpler than most other games, but still could be kinda annoying to start of in), as annoyingly, a lot of addons don't come with any demo-missions to try them out..

- Ben

cheers guys biggrin_o.gif

jesus me head hurts sooo many mods and addons banghead.gif