jedi-knight

Changing the unit callsign

Hi!

When I'm editing a MP mission, If I create a tank platoon, in the multiplayer setup window, how can I cange the callsign of the units (tank 1, tank2,...) instead of Alpha Blue, Alpha Orante, etc?

Thx smile_o.gif

If you are wanting a custom callsign check out the custom callsign tutorial at this page. You can also use the setgroupID command, though this may not be want you are looking for:

Quote[/b] ]

group setGroupId id

Operand types:

group: Object or Group

id: Array

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Set group identity. Id format is [letter,color,picture] or [letter,color]. Letter is one of: "Alpha", "Bravo", "Charlie", "Delta", "Echo", "Foxtrot", "Golf", "Hotel", "Kilo", color is one of "GroupColor0" to "GroupColor7".

Example:

setGroupId ["Alpha", "GroupColor0"]

RED

It won't work in the reassign/assign MP screen though. the only way that i know of to do this is to set the order in mission.sqm manually. Perhaps there is a feature that I don't know about, but this looks like a major fix for OFP2. wink_o.gif

Ok, I unpacked the pbo MP file, and attempted to edit the mission.sqm file with an editor. But this file has only three ou four lines with few codes...

I'm sorry to dig up such an old thread, but all the threads on how to create a custom callsign just point to the OFPEC page in RED's post above but thats no use at the moment due to OFPEC being down, so could someone post here what i need to do to add a Custom callsign. All i know so far is that it is to do with a stringtable and defining somehow HQ or Firefly as another name.

I unPBOd some missions that i thought might of used Custom Callsigns but no luck, and cant find it in the BW Basic Pack which includes a Custom Callsign in the addon, so help.gif

Custom "HQ" Radio Callsigns

by toadlife

http://toadlife.net/ofp

Introduction

I'm sure you have seen radio messages in the official missions that come from "PAPA_BEAR" or "BASE FIREFLY". It's easy to make radio messages like those in your missions, but nobody that I know of has ever figured out how to make custom callsigns - until now!  

There are some limitations...

After quite a bit of testing, I have found that you can only have two custom callsigns in any mission at a time. This is due to the fact that BIS only put two custom callsigns (PAPA_BEAR and BASE FIREFLY) in OFP, and a custom callsign must be based on one of the two that are built into the game.  

Before we make up our own...

Before you make custom callsigns, you should probably know how to use the default ones in the game.

To make a radio message come from "PAPA_BEAR", type this at the top of your init.sqs file.**  

papabear = [West, "HQ"]  

After setting up your init.sqs file, type this in a script or trigger to make a radio message appear to come from "PAPA_BEAR":  

papabear sideradio "radiomessage"  

To make a radio message come from "BASE FIREFLY" type this at the top of your init.sqs file.**  

firefly = [West, "airbase"]  

After setting up your init.sqs file, type this in a script or trigger to make a radio message appear to come from "BASE FIREFLY":  

firefly sideradio "radiomessage"  

** Notes: When using "PAPA_BEAR" for your callsign, instead of[West, "HQ"] you can also put [West,"Base"] or [West, "PAPA_BEAR"], but there is no need to memorize them all, as they all do the same thing. You must use [West, "airbase"] to make the callsign "BASE FIREFLY". If in your mission, the player is not on the West side, you need to put the appropriate side ("East", "Guer", or "Civil") in place of "West".  

Onto the fun part!

Now that you know how to use the default HQ callsigns in your missions, you are now ready to make your own. PAPA_BEAR and BASE FIREFLY get old really fast, so lets on with it!  

Open up your init.sqs file and define your callsigns like so:  

babybear = [West, "HQ"]

mamabear = [West, "AirBase"]

Now, open up your stringtable.csv file and define the names for "mamabear" and "babybear", like so:  

LANGUAGE,English,

STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE,"Mama Bear",

STR_CFG_PAPABEAR,"Baby Bear",  

Notes: Before you go on, keep in mind that [West, "Base"],[West, "PAPA_BEAR"], and [West, "HQ"] are all the same thing. Because of this, you cannot use a combination of the afforementioned three to make different callsigns. To make two different callsigns, you must use [West, "airbase"] along with either [West, "Base"], [West, "PAPA_BEAR"], or [West, "HQ"]. When you make a callsign using [West, "Base"], [West, "PAPA_BEAR"], or [West, "HQ"], you must allways use the line STR_CFG_PAPABEAR,"" to define the callsign in the stringtable.csv file!When you make a callsign using [West, "airbase"], you must use the line STR_CFG_FIREFLYBASE to define the callsign in your stringtable.csv file!  

After your callsigns have been defined, you may now use them in your missions like so!  

babybear sideradio "radiomessage"

mamabear sideradio "radiomessage"  

Good Luck!

I have the zip file with description.ext, stringtable and init in it if you want to give me your email...I'll send to you.

Edit: I like to use setidentity.

I put this into a stringtable file:

"STR_CFG_GRPNAMES_GUARDIAN","DOG ONE"

"STR_CFG_GRPNAMES_DELTA","SEAGULL"

"STR_CFG_GRPNAMES_ZULU","STORK"

"STR_CFG_GRPNAMES_FOXTROT","PORTER ONE"

Then I put in the init of a unit in the map:

this setGroupid ["DELTA","Groupcolor2"];

DELTA gives the name "SEAGULL"

Hope this helps.

Thanks pazuzu, greatly appretiated. I looked on toadlifes website, and dePbod his LoJack mission as i saw he knew how to do this in another thread (but again, linked to the OFPEC page).

Thanks.