Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Help, I think I've killed my computer with Binview

I downloaded Chain of Commands bin viewer. Well When I installed it kept popping up saying "you have a newer version of this .dll, keep this file on your computer?" so I clicked yes for each pop up, except for the first one.

Well I looked on their forum and saw some post about it where a guy said you should never replace newer dlls. How the heck do I fix this problem? Have I killed my PC now? Are all my programs going to run bad? How can I get the new dlls back?

I accept the EULA it's not their fault, though I wish there was more information before the install. A " if prompted don't replace dll files." would have been nice. I am so depresed.

Will system restore return system .dll files to their previous incarnation from before they were replaced?

I still can't believe I did that. I have the midas touch I might as well die.

Why not read the questions when installing stuff? there is no need for us to put any explanation, it is right there in the windows which prompt you "do you want to overwrite newer DLL's...."

Anyway, you have not killed anything, you can get your DLL's back by downloading them etc. Yes system restore will restore them as well... or system repair etc.

I don't mean anything hostile at you guys, I said it's my fault.

I did read the prompts but I was a tad confused (I guess I'm just a stupid f'n dumb ass.).

I just tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it. I figured if it asked me to overwrite them again saying I had newer versions then I must not have overwrote them, correct? Well during the reinstall it prompted me again saying I had newer versions of the dlls.

Where can I download the newer dlls? Just incase?

Ahh I see, you can DL DLL's at places like www.dll-files.com

Other good (better locations) are your WIndows install CD's or service pack files. Your friends can send you dll files as well.