• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#1 swede

swede

Private First Class

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 06:57 PM

Is the rumour about a new expansion release in summer -04 true?

I´ve read its called Operation Flashpoint 1.5.......

#2 Placebo

Placebo

Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:24 PM

Source?
Welcome to Associate Producer Matt Lightfoot as new Forum/Community/Moderating lead, he should be contacted for all related matters now, not me!

#3 EiZei

EiZei

Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 2899 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:25 PM

Operation flashpoint 1.5 while 1.91 has been out for ages? Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Heatseeker

Heatseeker

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5191 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:34 PM

Is the rumour about a new expansion release in summer -04 true?

I dont think so, with X-box OPF and OPF2 and the latest beta patches i think BIS hands are full, unless its another CM stunt like Red Hammer Posted Image , would be great to have another BIS expantion though. But many of us are already dreaming with OPF2.

#5 RalphWiggum

RalphWiggum

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 12608 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:54 PM

probably OFP XBOX. it is said to be using 1.5 version of OFP engine.

either that or there was another talk about Independence Lost. however, last news i heard is that they are pushed back to sometime after OFP2.
Please read Forum Rules

#6 Gameer

Gameer

Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, I saw it too in PC GAMER's look-ahead to 2004 issue...only a small little sentence that said, i think, Codemasters had announced Operation Flashpoint 1.5.

Odd...

Fingers crossed anyways  Posted Image

Quote[/b] ]To tide you over till then, though, there'll be what Codemasters are calling Operation Flashpoint 1.5, which will hopefully include new campaigns, equipment and vehicles. Expect it by summer.

Source: PCGAMER Jan 2004

#7 Hellfish6

Hellfish6

Moderator, ret.

• Members
  • 5950 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:53 PM

Weird. Why would they tell the press something but not us?

#8 RalphWiggum

RalphWiggum

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 12608 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:56 PM

according to CM
http://www.codemaste...s.php?genre=FPS
OFP2 is set for december 2004 Posted Image and we know that it means Spring 2005 Posted Image

just for public service announcement. please do not visit CM website itself(or US part of it). i almost yelped in horror when certain game promo showed up. Posted Image
Please read Forum Rules

#9 BraTTy

BraTTy

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3160 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:05 PM

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Look at Bf1942 they keep getting money from expansions .
For the record I haven't bought any expansions tho (bought my son a package)
If it was an expansion of interest I would tho,I like the original content of the game,I am not interested in Secret Weapons or Road to Rome ,maybe the Vietnam one coming.

I would buy a OFP Vietnam or WW2 Pacific expansion
Actually a modern (current wars) I wouldn't mind either

Need any help on an expansion,lmk

#10 RalphWiggum

RalphWiggum

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 12608 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

For the record I haven't bought any expansions tho (bought my son a package)

oh god no! you are going to ruin your kid! get him to OFP quick! Posted Image Posted Image

Quote[/b] ]I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Look at Bf1942 they keep getting money from expansions .

good point. i'd have bought OFP expansion if it were from BIS. however, i respect and love that BIS decided to forgo such commercial strategy, and rather work on improving the engine to higher level.

also, with O2 and Visitor, people are working on great mods like CSLA and FDF, not to mention ECP.
Please read Forum Rules

#11 BraTTy

BraTTy

Chief Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 3160 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:15 PM

15 year old isnt interested in OFP for some odd reason,doesn't like some things ,doesn't have patience as he's a CS player

My 3 year old tho,you would not believe,he has already been playing OFP for a few years,can maneuver the game very well, he now has his own computer.
And where do you think he goes when he runs OFP,right to the mission editor,just like dad.
3 year old is also very interested in vehicles and I am about to install O2 on his machine too.He has some experience in O2 already.He also deleted my Wildcat model a bit ago.

Back to the topic,I enjoy the patches and support for sure,addons sorta came out slow for OFP, I wish I could have gotten a better jump on addon making (had no experience to get beta)
The addons are nice and can make what you want, you would think could keep the game alive for many more years (thinking about halflife's age)

#12 bn880

bn880

O=FP^2

• Members
  • 6758 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:19 PM

I smell a plot:

OFP1.5 $45
OFP2 $45

;p

instead of

OFP2 $45

Meaning, if they did pull that off it *may* bring more profits. Posted Image
"Peace can not be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein
Posted Image
Please report Arma 3 bugs in the Bug Tracker

#13 Placebo

Placebo

Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:50 PM

I cannot understand why they haven't done some expansions.

Maybe Bis don't believe in the "money for old rope" principle like a lot of other game "franchises" *cough*sims*cough*MOHAA*cough*BF1942*cough* Posted Image

*Note I could be being unduly harsh on any/all of the above as I haven't played all the various addons Posted Image
Welcome to Associate Producer Matt Lightfoot as new Forum/Community/Moderating lead, he should be contacted for all related matters now, not me!

#14 Pipski

Pipski

Sergeant

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 10:54 PM

My 3 year old tho,you would not believe,he has already been playing OFP for a few years,can maneuver the game very well, he now has his own computer.
And where do you think he goes when he runs OFP,right to the mission editor,just like dad.
3 year old is also very interested in vehicles and I am about to install O2 on his machine too.He has some experience in O2 already.He also deleted my Wildcat model a bit ago.

Maybe you can get him to write some tutorials. A tute written by a 3yr old I could probably just about get my head `round!
Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Heatseeker

Heatseeker

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5191 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:16 PM

Quote[/b] ]To tide you over till then, though, there'll be what Codemasters are calling Operation Flashpoint 1.5, which will hopefully include new campaigns, equipment and vehicles. Expect it by summer.

Source: PCGAMER Jan 2004

Wich will hopefully... they dont have a clue, must be OPF for X-box. Lets face it, the game is 2+ years old and only a very small percentage of hardcore fanatics play it Posted Image .
Would it be profitable Posted Image I for one would be a very happy fanatic... could it be IL?

#16 JdB

JdB

Hipster Addonmaker

• Members
  • 4519 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:44 PM

Why have an expansion pack, just when all these great mods are beginning to be released? I don't see the point.

Unless BIS changes parts of the engine, there is not much sense in releasing an expansion pack. And I think they are saving ALL of the engine tweaks for OFP2.

Looks like it is going to be a pack with addons, island and a campaign. The thing that the many fantastic OFP mods can do much better than BIS Posted Image

Hipster addonmaker for ArmA:CWA
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Hellfish6

Hellfish6

Moderator, ret.

• Members
  • 5950 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

The best thing about BIS releasing something is that it's official. Sure, a lot of the addon makers out there are doing amazing things with OFP that BIS hasn't been able to match, but when BIS releases something, it'll be unoversal to everybody. If BIS released the CSLA mod, we'd all be playing the CSLA mod. If the CSLA mod releases the CSLA mod, only people who want to download 200mbs or more will play it. Know what I mean? Posted Image

#18 Placebo

Placebo

Über Verwalter

• BI Forum Team
  • 21317 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:18 AM

I for one would be a very happy fanatic... could it be IL?

Bottom right corner seems to say not Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Heatseeker

Heatseeker

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • 5191 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 12:47 AM

Looks like it is going to be a pack with addons, island and a campaign. The thing that the many fantastic OFP mods can do much better than BIS Posted Image

Disagree here!
How many mods, addons and islands use reskined bis models, bis houses, bis trees, etc? If BIS would release another expantion with a new island containing even more new stuff it would be really great, not to mention some more oficial addons and a quality campaign. BIS material will always be very welcome. And keep in mind everything we got from resistance besides some addons, Nogova and a campaign Posted Image . Also there is only too major mods for OPF, and those took alot of time to be made, im not too sure we will see many complete full mods being released anytime soon.

#20 SFG

SFG

Master Gunnery Sergeant

• Members
  • 1087 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 01:10 AM

Great another conspiracy Posted Image I hope its true though.
Invasion 1944 | Composer