Sign in to follow this  
Dark Knight

Movement is moving vehicles

so we can walk about in a C-130, choppers and other large vhicles while it is moving.. with out falling out!

It would be truly amazing if they would make this in ofp2! A game that has something similar to this is Battlefield 1942. A few problems with realism could occur, eg. Standing on plane wings like in Bf42

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dark Knight @ April 25 2003,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol but hwo cares as long as u can do it!!<span id='postcolor'>

well im very keen about keeping this game as realistic as possible

This brings up an interesting relation. If movement inside vehicles was perfected, shooting out of vehicles would be "done". smile.gif In theory.

EDIT: And perhaps it will solve the multiple gunner position problem as well, guns could be designed as separate vehicles and attached inside movable or mounting space of vehicles. confused.gif

I would like to see that, so you could all run around like maniacs when ur chopper comes under fire.

*dive dive dive*

Big grin

Epita

I think that, this problem is in relation with physical game engine... that's a basic physic element of our world (and universe). And a good physical engine can make this work good (no player standing on plane wings). Or define in O2 an area who player (or other vehicule) can move with vehicule (or carrier) and out of this area player can't move with vehicle (and no problem more with plane wings).

Vladimir

AFAIK, current scheme allows the game to consider players/AIs to be dead when a vehicle is destroyed. I certainly hope that this is applyed too. if [sZ]Vladimir's idea is used, then if the vehicle is completely destroyed, people riding it could be dead as well.

Valdimir, we think alike, I was thinking of say using a lod much like the roadway lod, when in contact with it your movement is related to it, and not the world..