Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Sjb special reaction team - done

OK, I checked out the 16 Bit issue raised earlier in this thread, and saw no problems with any units. Perhaps it was nothing to do with the 16 or 32 bit, but was just missing textures (which I have now fixed).

I've just got done making the silenced versions of the M4s, I've packed them up, and the new models (and the silencer texture) only made the pack 1.5MB bigger, which may seem a lot, but when it was 23.7MB before its not all that much more

tounge.gif

Anyway, here is the link:

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_M4_ACOG_SD.jpg

Oh yeah, while I remember, here is a quick shot (pardon the pun) of the Remington Shotgun that is being tested as I type this.

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/Weapons/Images/SJB_R870_BETA.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 13 2003,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, I checked out the 16 Bit issue raised earlier in this thread, and saw no problems with any units. Perhaps it was nothing to do with the 16 or 32 bit, but was just missing textures (which I have now fixed).<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah maybe that's it.

I was just using 16 bit and I realized maybe it wasn't even an addon problem with the hair but an OFP/vid card one. However there were missing textures in some lods on the butts of the SRT soldiers. smile.gif Not that I look at those on purpose. And the weapon flash was also white rectangular cross sometimes.

The muzzle flash (zasleh) problems leads me to believe it is almost definately just missing textures in the version you have, and not a Video problem.

I tested in several resolutions in both 16 and 32 Bit and found nothing to make me think otherwise.

By the way, I am going to release the OFFICIAL 1.1 patch, some time over Easter Weekend, as I want it to be tested thoroughly and not have to release 1.2 the day after wink.gif

There seems to be a texture error on one of the M4's. The magazine slot section of the receiver has the same texture as the magazine itself on one side of it, and it doesn't look right. I think it only affects one of the M4's though.

Thats caused by the magazine having been moved and is now slightly showing through the side of the rifle - FIXED

Also, when standing upright with an M4, the left section of the foregrip closest to your thumb seems to be kind of separate from the top of it. It's hard to explain, but I think if you try it out you will see. It's as if there is a groove between the two sections. It disappears if you crouch or go prone.

Edit: Great pack by the way. The weapons are some of the most detailed and accurate I've seen in OFP. I love the M82. smile.gif

I'll investigate.

*Adds it to his ever increasing in length "To do..." list*

I understand what you mean now.

That is the R.I.S. (Rail Intergrated System) that some (all?) M4 Rifles use, giving it that extra adaptability to add various attachments such as the Laser module, the front grip, and the M203 Fore-sight.

Its not a bug, its a (highly) accurate modeeling of a real life RIS (I think).

wink.gif

As it turns out, version 1.1 wont be a patch, but an entire new release as since 1.0, EVERY PBO has been altered in some way, be it sounds, model tweaks, config.cpp tweaks etc.

This means the TOTAL download will be slightly bigger than v1.0 (due to the inclusion of the Remington 870 addon)

However, to compensate for this, I am going to release the WEAPON PBOs, and the main UNIT PBO seperately, to give 56K users a break (and my FTP Upload account).

NOTE: The Units require the weapons, but the weapons do not require the units.

ETA: Still sometime over Easter Weekend.

ok, dunno if anyone else noticed this, but when you use binoculars the night vision goggles apear in his hand and sticking thru it

By the way, thanks to a few of my OFP associates who were able to idle to get L, SJB now has an IRC Chatroom. You can find us on Quakenet at #SJBstudio

If you have any queries about the SRT2 Pack, just come along and see if I'm there; If I'm not, someone else might be able to help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rifleman @ April 16 2003,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, dunno if anyone else noticed this, but when you use binoculars the night vision goggles apear in his hand and sticking thru it<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I've noticed that, although not just with the SRT2 Units, I've noticed it with other custom units too. I'm not quite sure what the cause of this is. If anyone knows, then please tell me and I'll fix it.

hi

Sorry for posting te BETA patch link but you should realy get on to the site for that and not me as i thought since it was on a news site that it was public.

Plenty of addons have multiple patches so you shouldent feel like yours is different (like the BTR70,it has about 4 patches).

So do you want me to remove the BETA link?

EDIT: damn i am realy slow!

In one of the early post it is said that the M82 should have more recoil. This is wrong. It's generally thought that the M82 braks your shoulder.

instead the recoil is more like a .45 pistol! The M82 has the soluturn (spelled right?) muzzlebreak, with directs the gasses backwards (which reduses recoil). And the barrel can recoil a bit (slide backwards) like the barrel of a tank. I know it doesn't like realistic to have m82 with less recoil than the m24, but this is the way it is as in real-life.

Im glad the patch was posted. It made it more playable and also allows for people to find even more possible bugs and help get it all fixed up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ April 16 2003,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">instead the recoil is more like a .45 pistol!<span id='postcolor'>

Thats good, as I've based them upon a similar principle, as well as reducing the rate of fire from what it was, to about a round every 1.5 - 2 seconds.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanadianTerror @ April 16 2003,16:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im glad the patch was posted. It made it more playable and also allows for people to find even more possible bugs and help get it all fixed up.<span id='postcolor'>

True, but it also gives people another file to download, and with a large number of 56K Users out there, who don't have the luxury of cable that is fat enough to shove a ferret down, I just feel its unfair for them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ ,)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YouAre.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif I guess then you are your Avatar then, right? (gotta pic of yourself without the censors? tounge.gif )

*speechless*

smile.gif

But, does that mean you're Einstein AND Col. Blake?

Yes I have that picture without the censors, but no its not me  :o

(Here is another gem of an avatar for you) Enjoy  tounge.gif

Due to the "bald-spot" on the SRT Marksman's head, I've added a cap like the Team Leaders' but put on backwards, so as not to obscure the guy's vision when sniping.

Also, a new batch of missing textures was discovered and fixed.

ETA is still some time over this coming weekend.

ooohhhh 99th post....exciting biggrin.gif

wow.giftounge.gif (those looks, we should have more members like you)

I mean, good to hear you got him a toupee. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 16 2003,21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">True, but it also gives people another file to download, and with a large number of 56K Users out there, who don't have the luxury of cable that is fat enough to shove a ferret down, I just feel its unfair for them.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeh but shurly it is the downloaders choice if he wants to download somthing.The point is the option should be there for them.

I am a 56k but you just have to slug it out. smile.gif

Version 1.1 will soon be going through last minute testing to iron out any small hiccups that still remain. Still on course for what is looking more likely to be a Sunday release.

My 100th post *celebrates*

tounge.gif