Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Anti-war hackers

I don't know if you know this already, but there are anti-war hackers trying to hack websites for some reason. I don't know all the details, but watch yourself BIS!

Isn't it wierd how these peace protesters are so violent?

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 29 2003,17wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crackers, not hackers.<span id='postcolor'>

Is that like Black and proud?

EDIT: Actually though, what category does the person or people who cracked Al Jezeera fall under? Pro war hacker/cracker?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 30 2003,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't it wierd how these peace protesters are so violent?<span id='postcolor'>

You make some of the most crackpot comments ever!

Al-Jazeera was hijacked by what must have been a pro war protester, since it was directed to a page with a US flag.

And only sites with poor network admins who dont change default passwords get cracked. I would hope BIS has someone more intelligent than that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 30 2003,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 29 2003,17<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crackers, not hackers.<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

huh? black and proud?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EDIT: Actually though, what category does the person or people who cracked Al Jezeera fall under?  Pro war hacker/cracker?

<span id='postcolor'>

crackers. they can be hackers too though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Mar. 30 2003,03:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Mar. 29 2003,17<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">crackers, not hackers.<span id='postcolor'>

EDIT: Actually though, what category does the person or people who cracked Al Jezeera fall under?  Pro war hacker/cracker?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

More that the act of defacing a website involves cracking rather than hacking. The word 'Hacker' has been totally mangled by popular media, where the term 'hack' rarely has a negative connotation in fact, just in media hype.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ Mar. 29 2003,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know if you know this already, but there are anti-war hackers trying to hack websites for some reason. I don't know all the details, but watch yourself BIS!<span id='postcolor'>

I wonder why Anti-war ppl would try and hack into the BIS website. smile.gif crack... BIS isn't particularly for or against war that I have seen. Although I would bet quite a bit they don't love this war.

Any site can be hacked/cracked/whatthe@#$%ever.

Just most people who have the means and the skill get sucked up by big 'net companies and Defence Contractors and stuff.

hackers a good thing to be a cracker is not, as for these anti war crackers, the pro war crackers have already struck first.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You make some of the most crackpot comments ever!<span id='postcolor'>

And people like you make it harder and harder to be nice every day!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Al-Jazeera was hijacked by what must have been a pro war protester, since it was directed to a page with a US flag.<span id='postcolor'>

If you'll look closely, I was referring to pro-peace hypocrits who use violent means to achieve peace. confused.gif

ok, time for me to step in.

*for simplicity hacker=crackers

Skul's post is that there are hacking activities around, and wishes this place is not a target. now he said, it's anti-war hackers, which is as much as true as the existence of pro-war hackers.

upon Skul's comment, FSPilot makes comment about hypocracy of PRO-PEACE hackers in relations to Skul's post.

and Warin, basing his statement on recent hacking of Al-Zazeera website pointed out that the most prominent hacking case related to this war is so far was the AZ one.  

so no need to hiss at each other, let's just get beer. the solution of all problems. wink.gif

*now hacker != cracker.

No, my comment had nothing to do with hackers, crackers, wackers, or whatever other stupid e-lingo someone has come up with. I was saying that pro-peace demonstrators are hypocrits when they use violent methods, ie. tossing acid in a police officers face, to achieve their goal. Warin, our peacekeeping mod, steps in and essentially calls me a crack pot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 30 2003,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was saying that pro-peace demonstrators are hypocrits when they use violent methods, ie. tossing acid in a police officers face, to achieve their goal.<span id='postcolor'>

Being against a war in Iraq and being against violence of any form is not the same thing. Dropping bombs on people and hacking web sites can hardly be caled equal acts of violence.

I never talked about hackers in my post. I said:

Peace protestors are hypocrits if they use violence to achieve their means.

Even if they're only against the war in Iraq, and not war in general, did they try diplomatic debates with the police officer before they tossed acid in his face? Did they employ sanctions on the city of San Francisco when they blocked highways including an ambulance from getting to an emergency? No. They demand that we do so but never do it themselves.

ok, then your post was offtopic. wink.gif

this thread is about Skul wanting to ask BIS to look out.

Well then so was everyone elses. wink.gif

This is the offtopic forum, after all. tounge.gif