Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Operation flashpoint 2

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 27 2003,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LT_Damage, I Disagree.

The graphics are NOT better the more you turn up your video.

All high terrain detail does is make shiney smooth ground. oooooohhh shiny ground..

On my computer, well then again it is my sucky, worthless POS computer that I use, when you turn up the resolution all that happend is your screen shrinks. Wow it might be the best looking graphics in the world, but its about the size of my thumbnail. I dunno about you but back when I played CS if you adjusted the resolution it was still the same size as your screen, but everything looked much better. And my computer didnt get about 1 FPS for having a nice resolution while playing CS, like its does in OFP.

Now heres what has always bother me about the graphics in OFP; The soldier models. No offense to the BIS staff, but the soldier models could have used some work. They just look well, ugly. Especially the Resistance Soldiers, their arms and shoulders are stretched out distorted, and like all the other soldiers, they have the stangest shirt I have ever seen. The collar comes up into nothing and the neck is just sticking out.

If there is anything I hope BIS will do with OFP2, it will be create better Soldier models.<span id='postcolor'>

Few points:

1) Never compare OFP to counterstrike, such comparisons will be ignored, anyone can tell you why.

2) Your system sounds like a low-end system with a low-end graphics card, please correct me if i'm mistaken.

3) Changing screen resolution is not what increases the detail levels, you are making judgements about OFP without the knowledge to back them up. If you change the screen resolution higher and it looks too small for you your monitor is too small and you should set a low resolution as that's all it can display properly.

I don't think you have ever seen what Operation Flashpoint looks like with all the details turned up high. If your system can support it and you have a good graphics card like a Geforce 4 or Radeon you can adjust the display properties in Resistance Preferences and also move the detail and FPS scrollbars to the far right in OFP Options.

Combined with high detail terrain the graphics become much more vivid, the charactor models smoother aswell as much more nicer looking vehicles.

Most people with decent computers can attest to this. smile.gif

You said it brother.......testify! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 26 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 27 2003,11:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LT_Damage, I Disagree.

The graphics are NOT better the more you turn up your video.

All high terrain detail does is make shiney smooth ground. oooooohhh shiny ground..

On my computer, well then again it is my sucky, worthless POS computer that I use, when you turn up the resolution all that happend is your screen shrinks. Wow it might be the best looking graphics in the world, but its about the size of my thumbnail. I dunno about you but back when I played CS if you adjusted the resolution it was still the same size as your screen, but everything looked much better. And my computer didnt get about 1 FPS for having a nice resolution while playing CS, like its does in OFP.

Now heres what has always bother me about the graphics in OFP; The soldier models. No offense to the BIS staff, but the soldier models could have used some work. They just look well, ugly. Especially the Resistance Soldiers, their arms and shoulders are stretched out distorted, and like all the other soldiers, they have the stangest shirt I have ever seen. The collar comes up into nothing and the neck is just sticking out.

If there is anything I hope BIS will do with OFP2, it will be create better Soldier models.<span id='postcolor'>

Few points:

1) Never compare OFP to counterstrike, such comparisons will be ignored, anyone can tell you why.

2) Your system sounds like a low-end system with a low-end graphics card, please correct me if i'm mistaken.

3) Changing screen resolution is not what increases the detail levels, you are making judgements about OFP without the knowledge to back them up. If you change the screen resolution higher and it looks too small for you your monitor is too small and you should set a low resolution as that's all it can display properly.

I don't think you have ever seen what Operation Flashpoint looks like with all the details turned up high. If your system can support it and you have a good graphics card like a Geforce 4 or Radeon you can adjust the display properties in Resistance Preferences and also move the detail and FPS scrollbars to the far right in OFP Options.

Combined with high detail terrain the graphics become much more vivid, the charactor models smoother aswell as much more nicer looking vehicles.

Most people with decent computers can attest to this.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, Except I use a Geforce 4 Card.

ALthough I could use a new Motherboard

If you have low detail settings and were under the assumption changing resolution was how to increase the graphics in OFP than even with a GF4 card you wouldn't see what OFP can do.

And if it's a Geforce4 MX.. well..  confused.gif

I suggest upping the detail settings and having a look if this improves the graphics, if not check if you have the latest video drivers for your card, on high settings OFP looks very nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you have low detail settings and were under the assumption changing resolution was how to increase the graphics in OFP than even with a GF4 card you wouldn't see what OFP can do.

And if it's a Geforce4 MX.. well..  

I suggest upping the detail settings and having a look if this improves the graphics, if not check if you have the latest video drivers for your card, on high settings OFP looks very nice. <span id='postcolor'>

Well is right, im Mr geforce4 MX420, oh yeah!!

Anyways, I didnt install the card, so I have no Idea how to get it to work properly. One of my dad's friend who claims to be good with computers (although He is a dumbass) installed it.(Behind my back while I was at school, that Bastard)

I would like to know more about new drivers and stuff (Im looking at NVidia's website now), and I would also like to be able to adjust the setting on my graphics card, but like i said, I dont know where to look.

Maybe the control panel....

In 1968, Czechoslovakia was invaded by the USSR (Prague Spring, I think it was called) while America did nothing. I am willing to bet that Flashpoint 2 will be a Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia, including real Czech resistance (I think that except for unarmed average citizens, the Czechs didn't offer much resistance) and an intervention from the US/NATO.

*rubs hands together*

How much are you willing to bet? I might get a loan out for this one biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 27 2003,15:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well is right, im Mr geforce4 MX420, oh yeah!!

Anyways, I didnt install the card, so I have no Idea how to get it to work properly. One of my dad's friend who claims to be good with computers (although He is a dumbass) installed it.(Behind my back while I was at school, that Bastard)

I would like to know more about new drivers and stuff (Im looking at NVidia's website now), and I would also like to be able to adjust the setting on my graphics card, but like i said, I dont know where to look.

Maybe the control panel....<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately people like your Dad's dumbass friend, know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to be usefull.

A GeForce4 MX, is about as good as a high end GeForce3, which I use and am still satisfied with.

Also...your processor/memory/motherboard combination plays a big part in your framerate, due to the AI...so If you have the latest readeon/Nvidia card and older processor, your framerates will most likely still suffer as soon as a sizeable amount of units are placed on the map.

If you have under 512MB of memory, your hard drive will most like have to thrash around cosntantly reading textures - consequently slowing down your game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HitmanFF @ Mar. 25 2003,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jacobaby @ Mar. 24 2003,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">VTV is the name of a czech TV channel.<span id='postcolor'>

Vietnam also has a (state owned) TV network called VTV, Vietnam Television...

If you can read Vietnamese, check out VTV<span id='postcolor'>

Oh no !

No Vietnam game ! sad.gif I prefer a game about USSR invasion in CZ in 60th year smile.gif

Vladimir

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 29 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Vietnam game ! sad.gif I prefer a game about USSR invasion in CZ in 60th year smile.gif

Vladimir<span id='postcolor'>

I am hoping for something modern, with all the major systems and weapons that are in use today. I also want crazy Russian madmen in it, and the UN or NATO, rather than America alone. Eh, throw some terrorism and WMD in there too, and it would be alot of fun.

But above all, it definitely needs alot of vehicles and heavy firepower, I don't see how a Czech revolution setting would provide that? Vietnam is tolerable I guess, but it's not really something I'd be looking forward to. Patrols in the jungle are NOT fun, at least if you want to be realistic about it.

UN is weak... if it had all the countries in the UN.. with each indidual army, USA, England, etc, that would rock.. but not UN peace keeping forces, i dont want a game where i run around in a bright blue helmet, thats just stupid.

Well, whenever the game is supposed to be in, I hope you will still be able to simulate modern conflicts with it. I don't want to be stuck back in the '60s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Mar. 27 2003,21:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*rubs hands together*

How much are you willing to bet? I might get a loan out for this one biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... I'll only bet if you make a counter bet. Tell me what YOU think OFP2 will be and make me the same wager. wink.gif

Well... what would you guys like to see? Maybe we can flesh out an idea here... maybe mod makers will be inspired. Where do you see the next conflict?

Me? I think an interesting one would be a Pakistani-Indian war that drags in some kind of Chinese coalition (China, Burma, Iran maybe) and the US/NATO (or some kind of multi-national force).

It's a bit too wide in scope, though. Let's call that my ideal idea. Realistically, I think the Spratlys would be OK, as long as it wasn't confined to those tiny islands and shoals.

Whatever we get, I hope it's not some kind of resurgent Soviet madman. That seems a bit overdone.

It's waaaayy to early to even start speculating about mods...you don't even know what OFP2 will be. Sheesh! All I can say is I hope BIS do their best to make user addons backwards compatable...otherwise starting from scratch again will be a BIG headfuck!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ Mar. 30 2003,08:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's waaaayy to early to even start speculating about mods...you don't even know what OFP2 will be. Sheesh! All I can say is I hope BIS do their best to make user addons backwards compatable...otherwise starting from scratch again will be a BIG headfuck!<span id='postcolor'>

i think its posible to start a mod already by making models in 3DS format, and creating a storyline. im sure they will implent a import from 3DS on their modelprogram.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 30 2003,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 29 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Vietnam game ! sad.gif I prefer a game about USSR invasion in CZ in 60th year smile.gif

I am hoping for something modern, with all the major systems and weapons that are in use today. I also want crazy Russian madmen in it, and the UN or NATO, rather than America alone. Eh, throw some terrorism and WMD in there too, and it would be alot of fun.

But above all, it definitely needs alot of vehicles and heavy firepower, I don't see how a Czech revolution setting would provide that? Vietnam is tolerable I guess, but it's not really something I'd be looking forward to. Patrols in the jungle are NOT fun, at least if you want to be realistic about it.<span id='postcolor'>

I prefer a modern War Game too.

But choice between Vietnam or CZ Invasion, I choice CZ Invasion !

For jungle, Independance Lost can be good (Timor is in jungle !wink.gif.

Vladimir

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 30 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 30 2003,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 29 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Vietnam game ! sad.gif I prefer a game about USSR invasion in CZ in 60th year smile.gif

But above all, it definitely needs alot of vehicles and heavy firepower, I don't see how a Czech revolution setting would provide that? Vietnam is tolerable I guess, but it's not really something I'd be looking forward to. Patrols in the jungle are NOT fun, at least if you want to be realistic about it.<span id='postcolor'>

Indepedence lost might not be released at all

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 30 2003,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 30 2003,10:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 30 2003,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 29 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No Vietnam game ! sad.gif I prefer a game about USSR invasion in CZ in 60th year smile.gif

Indepedence lost might not be released at all<span id='postcolor'>

you cant know that for sure confused.gif