fn_Quiksilver

MP server slot unenterable

Hi guys,

experiencing an annoying issue. At some point during a MP session (dedicated), some slots in the role assignment lobby will stop working, and players will be unable to enter them. On join, they get stuck on Receiving Data and progress no further (even with long wait).

I have no idea where to start with debugging.

Is there any way to return information on the role assignment groups ( Alpha 1-1, Alpha 1-2, Bravo 1-1, etc)?

Thanks

Have these slots already had players in them before?

How did those players disconnect?
What do you mean by "unable to enter them"? Are they not able to click it on the lobby or does joining the slot result in an infinite load or crash?

Do you have any scripts that run on those players before/after the map screen?

5 hours ago, willithappen said:

Have these slots already had players in them before?

Yes

How did those players disconnect?

Which players? dunno

What do you mean by "unable to enter them"? Are they not able to click it on the lobby or does joining the slot result in an infinite load or crash?

" On join, they get stuck on Receiving Data and progress no further (even with long wait). "

Do you have any scripts that run on those players before/after the map screen?

Not until normal player init

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Yes

Which players? dunno

" On join, they get stuck on Receiving Data and progress no further (even with long wait). "

Not until normal player init

Sorry, by how did those players disconnect, I mean the player in the slot previous to it becoming broken. Its an issue i've experienced before and also have no idea as to why it is, theres no obvious .rpt logs and the slot is only fixed by restarting the mission or server.

To me, it seems to happen more commonly when the person in the slot just before it breaks, will have some form of game timeout or crash.

Sorry I cannot provide any further assistance than that, hopefully if others have experienced this before in similar fashions a solution could be found.

I suspect it has something to do with the lobby group (Alpha 1-1, Alpha 1-2, etc). In client RPT there are some "no main subgroup" errors.

Often there is a mistake in a mission on the client. As option, try to close a game and to remove the file of a mission in the folder

С:\Users\Users Name\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache\
To come on the server, the mission will be loaded again.